Started by Dinny Breen, March 01, 2014, 07:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on March 02, 2014, 10:05:44 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2014, 08:04:01 AM
Sunday Independent

"John Gilligan shot while hiding in the toilet, gets Last Rites
As they sow, so shall they reap"
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/john-gilligan-shot-while-hiding-in-the-toilet-gets-last-rites-30054258.html

Disgraceful.
They'd never write that about Seanie Fitz, Derek Quinlan , Sean Dunne or anyone "respectable".
How many Tiger collapse suicides have their been ? Are they all a better class of death than whatever Gilligan was into ?

A lot of "nice", middle-class people have shown themselves up to be nothing more than blood-thirsty scumbags with their reaction.
Yes. The Sindo sets the tone.

Shamrock Shore

Feck sake.

According to some rag I spotted this morning Gilligan has a serious bowel injury from the shooting meaning he has to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of his life.

The headline on said rag?

"BUM DEAL"

>:(

muppet

I can hand-wring with the best of them, but it is hard to have sympathy for this particular sc**bag.

I doubt if he would have any sympathy for me if I found myself in his way.
MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

another low life sc**bag, no real loss, call it as it is,

Apparently so

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 05, 2014, 09:02:36 AM
Feck sake.

According to some rag I spotted this morning Gilligan has a serious bowel injury from the shooting meaning he has to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of his life.

The headline on said rag?

"BUM DEAL"

>:(

;D  ;D

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on March 05, 2014, 09:50:27 AM
I can hand-wring with the best of them, but it is hard to have sympathy for this particular sc**bag.

I don't think it's as much about sympathy as the behaviour of the media.
Gilligan is part of a subculture where death is a form of communication. He chose that.
But the Indo shouldn't gloat about it when he is injured. That's no better than The Daily Mail and what they said about the Birmingham Six or cheering the death of Myra Hindley. The law is there to punish crime, not the papers.

And joking about a colostomy bag- absolutely hilarious for anyone with a colostomy bag.  I bet they are rolling around laughing.

there was an article in the Sindo last year by one of their female journalists. She said one vehement article about abortion and how it damages women by the someone on the pro life side reminded her very painfully of a miscarriage and D&C she had. How the media behaves is very important.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 06, 2014, 09:22:17 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 05, 2014, 09:50:27 AM

I don't think it's as much about sympathy as the behaviour of the media.
Gilligan is part of a subculture where death is a form of communication. He chose that.
But the Indo shouldn't gloat about it when he is injured. That's no better than The Daily Mail and what they said about the Birmingham Six or cheering the death of Myra Hindley. The law is there to punish crime, not the papers.

And joking about a colostomy bag- absolutely hilarious for anyone with a colostomy bag.  I bet they are rolling around laughing.

there was an article in the Sindo last year by one of their female journalists. She said one vehement article about abortion and how it damages women by the someone on the pro life side reminded her very painfully of a miscarriage and D&C she had. How the media behaves is very important.

I bet they aren't, friend of mine has trouble with sit ups so rolling around will be hard work ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sidney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 06, 2014, 12:31:57 AM
99.9% of people would be no real loss to society if they died, so John Gilligan is no different to me, you or anybody else here on that score.

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on March 06, 2014, 11:28:07 AM
99.9% of people would be no real loss to society if they died, so John Gilligan is no different to me, you or anybody else here on that score.
Nobody working for the Sindo or interviewed by the Sindo ever takes recreational drugs.

Gilligan operates in a parallel sc**bag universe of evil that has nothing to do with middle class professionals who take a bit of coke at the weekend for the purpose of feeling good. 

The nice people who buy drugs in nice areas have no idea what their consumption does to places like Southill in Limerick.

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on March 06, 2014, 11:35:24 AM
Nobody working for the Sindo or interviewed by the Sindo ever takes recreational drugs.

Gilligan operates in a parallel sc**bag universe of evil that has nothing to do with middle class professionals who take a bit of coke at the weekend for the purpose of feeling good. 

The nice people who buy drugs in nice areas have no idea what their consumption does to places like Southill in Limerick.

+1

Then they wouldnt be able to ring their hands with such fervor when things like this happened to people who are essentially providing their weekends habits.

johnneycool

Yip, supply and demand, snort a bit of stuff yet look down their noses at the suppliers and importers who murder and rampage at will as if its nothing to do with them..

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

Rossfan

Quote from: johnneycool on March 06, 2014, 01:32:32 PM

Yip, supply and demand, snort a bit of stuff yet look down their noses at the suppliers and importers who murder and rampage at will as if its nothing to do with them..

Hypocrisy of the highest order.
+100
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

The Sindo still pervs every so often over Katy French RIP age 24 who died because of drugs. Selling people their prejudices is the business model but it is not coherent. If you don't want Gilligans either legalise drugs or stop consuming them.

Hardy

Quote from: seafoid on March 06, 2014, 03:08:07 PM
The Sindo still pervs every so often over Katy French RIP age 24 who died because of drugs. Selling people their prejudices is the business model but it is not coherent. If you don't want Gilligans either legalise drugs or stop consuming them.

Spot on.

Sidney

I am crying, writing this. Katy French was a personification of our fantasies, of our sense of what we were becoming, of how we might unfold ourselves. She was not the only one, but in the immediate past was perhaps the most spectacular light on the skyline, a meteorite of desire plummeting through the Irish zeitgeist.

She had a beauty that suggested itself as emanating from an infinity within. She seemed to believe anything was possible and her smile convinced you, for an instant, that she was right. I wanted her dreams to come true. She was a child. She was my daughter and Eoghan's daughter and Eamon's daughter and Pat's daughter and Bertie's daughter. She was your daughter, your little sister. She was a child of Ireland in the time of its rebirth.