Do they serve soup at Windsor Park?

Started by Cáthasaigh, August 11, 2011, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonto

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 19, 2011, 03:09:32 PM
Quote from: Tonto on August 19, 2011, 02:52:01 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 19, 2011, 09:28:29 AM
Absolutely not lies I have had first hand experience of some so called supporters from Portadown.
So we've gone from "endemic" to "some" in one post.  Right so. ::)

As I said, total lies; you can't even get your story straight with yourself FFS!

I'm sure you aren't aware but Portadown supporters have built a very, very good relationship with supporters from Drogheda to such an extent that very often Drogs fans have travelled as far as Ballyclare to support Portadown when they haven't had a game.  You aren't aware of this because you know f*** all about Portadown FC or it's fans despite what you might think.
Resort to swearing when defending the indefensible. Whilst i would accept that there are many genuine Portadown fans I will reiterate I have first hand experience of so called fans of Portadown FC and to borrow your vernacular you know F*** All of my experiences and are in no position to call me a liar.
I'm not defending the indefensible; I'm defending the supporters of Portadown from your lies.  You said sectarianism was "endemic" at Shamrock Pk and whilst I know nothing of your experiences elsewhere I know that that is utter lies.

Ulick

Portadown - is that the one run by the UVF or the LVF? I'm always forgetting.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Tonto on August 19, 2011, 03:16:14 PM
Absolutely not lies I have had first hand experience of some so called supporters from Portadown.

As I said, total lies; you can't even get your story straight with yourself FFS!

I'm sure you aren't aware but Portadown supporters have built a very, very good relationship with supporters from Drogheda to such an extent that very often Drogs fans have travelled as far as Ballyclare to support Portadown when they haven't had a game.  You aren't aware of this because you know f*** all about Portadown FC or it's fans despite what you might think.
Resort to swearing when defending the indefensible. Whilst i would accept that there are many genuine Portadown fans I will reiterate I have first hand experience of so called fans of Portadown FC and to borrow your vernacular you know F*** All of my experiences and are in no position to call me a liar.
I'm not defending the indefensible; I'm defending the supporters of Portadown from your lies.  You said sectarianism was "endemic" at Shamrock Pk and whilst I know nothing of your experiences elsewhere I know that that is utter lies.
Well I suppose it depends on how you define sectarianism doesn't it.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Ulick on August 19, 2011, 04:31:03 PM
LVF. Belfast soccer supporters tend to be more aligned with the UVF.

Ulick

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 19, 2011, 06:03:35 PM
LVF. Belfast soccer supporters tend to be more aligned with the UVF.

Well it's hard to remember considering their links to the Jamisons (UVF) but then again Billy Wright's (LVF) bagman was a Director or accountant or something. I suppose that explains all those UVF/LVF fistfights in the club bar.

dillinger

Quote from: Applesisapples link=topic=20018.msg1005216#msg1005216

/quote]
You think? Take a trip to Windsor or Shamrock Park some Saturday and you'll see that sectarianism is endemic in NI soccer.

You been there latley to hear any? When Cliftonville surportors come to Seaview some of them sing I.R.A. That's the only sectarianism i have heard in a long time, the Crusaders fans boo it but do not respond with Loyalist songs.

Tonto

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 19, 2011, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: Tonto on August 19, 2011, 03:16:14 PM

Well I suppose it depends on how you define sectarianism doesn't it.
No, it depends on how YOU define "sectarianism".  Tell me, please, what is your definition of "sectarianism" that you see as "endemic" at Shamrock Pk?

Tonto

Go on then Donagh; who is it that "runs" Portadown that is in the UVF or LVF? I'd be careful about making allegations if I was you.

And regards your post about "all the fist-fights" it is true to say that about ten years ago there was one brawl in the bar in the club.  Not sure (a.) what this has got to do with "sectarianism" (or are you engaging in whataboutery) ,( b.) what this has got to do with the atmosphere at Portadown matches today or (c.) how this relates to Portadown fans in general.

Most sizeable settlements in NI had a problem with paramilitarism during and immediately after the Troubles, Portadown is no exception it's true, but that hardly means that Shamrock Pk is somehow a sectarian cauldron.

Finally, Dillinger is sadly correct about sectarianism at Solitude. I might also add that I have heard IRA chants (as part of the Fields of Athenry) from Donegal Celtic fans and Newry City fans.  I don't judge all Newry, DC or Cliftonville fans and I wouldn't say that sectarianism is "endemic" at their grounds; I would appreciate it greatly if that was reciprocated.

Ulick

Sorry Tonto, I thought it was you who brought Portadown into the discussion, I was only replying to that. Let's face it, it's one thing trying to convince us Fenians would be safe in Windsor Park at an NI match. Hell even I could hold my nose for 90 minutes and ignore the slack-jawed, Burberry-clad, chavs chanting about being up to their necks in Fenian blood, but trying to tell us a Fenian would be safe in Shamrock Park is another thing altogether. Seriously like, are you trying to say Robbie Hamill's family would be safe there or even some of the foreign nationals who were forced out of their homes in Portadown the other week?

As for the paramilitary connections, well why are you asking me, you should know yourself, or is there more than one helicopter-flying drug-dealing loyalist gangster over there?

Tonto

Quote from: Ulick on August 20, 2011, 10:11:38 AM
Sorry Tonto, I thought it was you who brought Portadown into the discussion, I was only replying to that. Let's face it, it's one thing trying to convince us Fenians would be safe in Windsor Park at an NI match. Hell even I could hold my nose for 90 minutes and ignore the slack-jawed, Burberry-clad, chavs chanting about being up to their necks in Fenian blood, but trying to tell us a Fenian would be safe in Shamrock Park is another thing altogether. Seriously like, are you trying to say Robbie Hamill's family would be safe there or even some of the foreign nationals who were forced out of their homes in Portadown the other week?

As for the paramilitary connections, well why are you asking me, you should know yourself, or is there more than one helicopter-flying drug-dealing loyalist gangster over there?
No Donagh, you are mistaken, applesisapples mentioned Shamrock Pk and how sectarianism was "endemic".

As for the slack-jawed, Burberry-clad reference; I deem that to be thinly veiled sectarianism because that image you have conjured up bears no resemblance to my experience at NI matches, including the particular song you mention.

Using a murdered man to make a point is low, Donagh.  It happened in Portadown, but considering Portadown has a population of probably 20,000 and about 300 turn up for matches every week, there's a very good chance it has nothing to do with Portadown fans.

Who are you talking about, Donagh? Name names.

new devil

Quote from: dillinger on August 19, 2011, 09:26:41 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples link=topic=20018.msg1005216#msg1005216

/quote]
You think? Take a trip to Windsor or Shamrock Park some Saturday and you'll see that sectarianism is endemic in NI soccer.

You been there latley to hear any? When Cliftonville surportors come to Seaview some of them sing I.R.A. That's the only sectarianism i have heard in a long time, the Crusaders fans boo it but do not respond with Loyalist songs.

:D :D Yeah coarse they don't

Ulick

Quote from: Tonto on August 20, 2011, 10:22:05 AM
No Donagh, you are mistaken, applesisapples mentioned Shamrock Pk and how sectarianism was "endemic".

As for the slack-jawed, Burberry-clad reference; I deem that to be thinly veiled sectarianism because that image you have conjured up bears no resemblance to my experience at NI matches, including the particular song you mention.

Using a murdered man to make a point is low, Donagh.  It happened in Portadown, but considering Portadown has a population of probably 20,000 and about 300 turn up for matches every week, there's a very good chance it has nothing to do with Portadown fans.

Oh please, spare us the mock indignation. The world and his wife knows Portadown FC was nothing more that a loyalist drinking den and money laundering operation for a long time. Where do you want me to start - Robin Jackson holding meetings there in the 70s to plan the murder of Catholics? Maybe that's before your time. How about Richard Jameson whom I know you are very well aware. The top man in the mid-Ulster UVF, made millions along with his brothers out of security force contracts (strange that). Portadown FC were happy to take sponsorship money from Jameson and involve in him their club despite everyone knowing he was top dog in the UVF. Well they would do, his two brothers were sitting as Directors on the club Board weren't they? Jameson himself sadly met his demise during a UVF/LVF feud which was sparked off after a confrontation in, wait for it, Portadown FC social club bar!! His brother Bobby good fine upstanding civic fella his is, and now IFA big-shot, later took it upon himself to save Portadown from the scourge of loyalist paramilitarism by painting out paramilitary murals - only he didn't paint them all out, he left all the UVF ones. Strange that... Then there was Mark McKinney who used to use Shamrock Park as his own personal helipad. McKinney, long time associate of Billy Wright, as you know was another Portadown FC Director who ran a major smuggling operation for loyalist paramilitaries. As a result of being caught out, he had his visible assets taken off him not too long ago by the Assets Recovery Agency.

Ay come all ye Fenians over to Shamrock Park, you're sure to find a warm welcome.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Tonto on August 20, 2011, 10:22:05 AM
Quote from: Ulick on August 20, 2011, 10:11:38 AM

Tonto, no examples I can give will shake your belief that Portadown and Portadown FC is not sectarian. The fact that most of their fans do not consider the flags emblems and chants as sectarian doesn't mean that others don't as I said depends on your definition. and I have had first hand experience of the sectarian and violent conduct of your so called supporters in Portadown. One question would I be safe walking in to Gary's Bar or Jamisons with my Celtic, Ireland or Armagh gear on?