Do they serve soup at Windsor Park?

Started by Cáthasaigh, August 11, 2011, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cáthasaigh

Carál ní Chuilín made history by being the first PSF politician to attend a norn irn game last night. No mention of it on the norn irn supporters website (http://www.ourweecountry.co.uk/), not even in their 'trooping the colours' section.

Is there an unstoopable level left?
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

Minder

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on August 11, 2011, 01:14:55 PM
Carál ní Chuilín made history by being the first PSF politician to attend a norn irn game last night. No mention of it on the norn irn supporters website (http://www.ourweecountry.co.uk/), not even in their 'trooping the colours' section.

Is there an unstoopable level left?

Is it that big a deal? She was probably disappointed there was no reaction to her presence.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Ulick

AQMP

Shinner goes to soccer match...in my experience, not news.  It's a widely held misconception that all Shinners are GAA people.

Minder

Quote from: AQMP on August 11, 2011, 01:48:03 PM
Shinner goes to soccer match...in my experience, not news.  It's a widely held misconception that all Shinners are GAA people.

"Widely held" ? ?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Always thought they were best suited to soccer.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

AQMP

Quote from: Minder on August 11, 2011, 01:51:17 PM

"Widely held" ? ?

You're right, on second thoughts maybe I should have added "down my street" or "among non-GAA people"

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 11, 2011, 02:42:08 PM

Hmmm that must be why Republican areas like Crossmaglen, Bellaghy, Carrickmore, Galbally etc are such hotbeds of soccer alright ::)

How's England?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Minder

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 11, 2011, 03:03:19 PM

Hmmm that must be why Republican areas like Crossmaglen, Bellaghy, Carrickmore, Galbally etc are such hotbeds of soccer alright
::)

How's England?

West Belfast.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Minder on August 11, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

Hmmm that must be why Republican areas like Crossmaglen, Bellaghy, Carrickmore, Galbally etc are such hotbeds of soccer alright

How's England?

West Belfast.

Indeed.... a bastion of soccer success. Unlike in GAA. What the f**k have St Galls ever won!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Minder

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 11, 2011, 03:14:54 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 11, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

How's England?

West Belfast.

Indeed.... a bastion of soccer success. Unlike in GAA. What the f**k have St Galls ever won!!

Nothing to do with "success", go up the Falls Road on a Saturday morning and see how many youngsters and adults are on their way to play in soccer leagues. Also see how many youngsters are wearing Gaa tops and how many are wearing soccer tops, it wouldn't even be close. A major reason why plenty of teams in West Belfast are struggling. Go into a bar on the Falls Road when Man Utd are playing and you would hardly get in the door, when St Galls were in the club final last year i went into a bar on the Falls Road to watch it and i had to ask them to turn it on, i was the only one watching it, they put it on a small tv mind as
Cheltenham was on the bigger tvs.

Nally Stand

And I've been on the Falls enough to have seen more antrim shirts than manchester united ones. Maybe thats all down to perception but either way it doesn't back up any claim that SF supporters are more suited to soccer. If that were the case, a county like Tyrone would be full of soccer clubs. Come to any Republican area of Tyrone for example, to somewhere like Carrickmore or Galbally or Greencastle and try spot people walking around in soccer shirts. Bring a flask of tay while you're at it... you could be waiting a while.

Ulick

Well we go to the Cultúrlann most weekends for lunch and without fail the most popular jersey on show on the road is that of the Shamrock Rovers soccer team, at least I think it's Shamrock Rovers, could be some foreign team mind you.

Minder

Quote from: Ulick on August 11, 2011, 03:51:39 PM
Well we go to the Cultúrlann most weekends for lunch and without fail the most popular jersey on show on the road is that of the Shamrock Rovers soccer team, at least I think it's Shamrock Rovers, could be some foreign team mind you.

You do know Celtic are a soccer team?

Minder

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 11, 2011, 03:43:06 PM
And I've been on the Falls enough to have seen more antrim shirts than manchester united ones. Maybe thats all down to perception but either way it doesn't back up any claim that SF supporters are more suited to soccer. If that were the case, a county like Tyrone would be full of soccer clubs. Come to any Republican area of Tyrone for example, to somewhere like Carrickmore or Galbally or Greencastle and try spot people walking around in soccer shirts. Bring a flask of tay while you're at it... you could be waiting a while.

No harm to you Nally but i have never seen that.