2009 Ashes

Started by lob her in lad, July 08, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cúig huaire

Quote from: stiffler on August 23, 2009, 05:49:45 PM
England win the ashes with a day to spare.

And guess who will win all the prizes at this years BBC Sports Personlity awards?
They`ll be hard to listen to now.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

tyroneboi

Just curious as to why so many posters in this thread actually support England?

Hound

Quote from: tyroneboi on August 23, 2009, 06:41:25 PM
Why so curious? Have you something against our near neighbours?
Ireland don't play test cricket, so may as well support England as anyone else. Plus if an Irishman was good enough to play regular test cricket, they'd play it with England (and a couple aren't too far away from the team).

Tony Baloney

I don't. You couldn't beat them by enough runs to please me.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 23, 2009, 09:07:28 PM
I don't. You couldn't beat them by enough runs to please me.

Me too!
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

I heard that boyo Trott interviewed yesterday after his century and he sounded as English as Kevin Pietersen..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Hound on August 23, 2009, 08:14:45 PM
Why so curious? Have you something against our near neighbours?
Ireland don't play test cricket, so may as well support England as anyone else. Plus if an Irishman was good enough to play regular test cricket, they'd play it with England (and a couple aren't too far away from the team).

The Headline on Sky Sports

Andrew Flintoff says winning the Ashes is "like a dream" after the Aussies were sent packing in dramatic fashion.

I lived in London for 6 years i hated the days England won in Cricket, thankfully it wasnt that often. The cricket fraternity went on and on about their victories. It was hard to stomach. Freddie will be missed.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

imtommygunn

I'd say Freddie will also be pissed right about now based on past history.

Still as long as there are no lilos involved...

stiffler

Live in australia for a while and you will see how arrogant them aussies are about cricket!!

I would love to see both teams beat to be honest!!!!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Eastern_Pride

I usually don't like England but fair play to them on this test they were exceptional. Didn't see this coming four days ago but hey, a  good game all around.

Next time the Australians will need to put them in their place....4-0 at least ;D
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: stiffler on August 23, 2009, 10:15:45 PM

Live in australia for a while and you will see how arrogant them aussies are about cricket!!

I would love to see both teams beat to be honest!!!!

Ya if you ever lived in Australia then you would understand. The Aussie are sickening when it comes to sport. They make the English/Brits almost supportable, but no I wish they both could lose, but Australia even more so.

You see Irishmen supporting English cricket team, English supporting German soccer team & French Rugby team, Scots supporting England, its purely down to how sickening the Aussies are, they have the worst sportsmanship in the entire world. I thought the last Olympics only featured Australia watching it here in Australia.

Canalman

Echo those sentiments about Australian sportsmanship..... or lack of to be more accurate. Honorable exception are the soccer fraternity who were sneeringly referred to as "wogball" for decades.
Had the misfortune to be there for the Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur (I think) where the tv station insisted on showing the national anthem being played for every one of their hundreds of gold medals. I think they won every gold medal in the swimming and boy did they croe about it.

Very unusual national quirk as imo the Aussies are by and large the soundest of people.

stephenite

They're arrogant enough when winning, but they're pretty gracious when losing I find. Don't confuse their media with a national trait

Orior

Quote from: Cúig huaire on August 23, 2009, 06:24:51 PM
Quote from: stiffler on August 23, 2009, 05:49:45 PM
England win the ashes with a day to spare.

And guess who will win all the prizes at this years BBC Sports Personlity awards?
They`ll be hard to listen to now.

Lemme guess, lemme guess!

Is it the Scottish Curling team?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Doogie Browser

The Aussies have some sporting tradition for such a small country population wise (18m?).

Gutted they lost the Ashes as we will have to listen to some shite for a few months such as the Queen congratulating the English!
Anyway hopefully Ireland can skittle the brits out at Stormont this week.