Looks like Keane has jumped!

Started by EC Unique, December 04, 2008, 11:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

ROY KEANE has left Sunderland today.
The Black Cats boss was under severe pressure after his side plummeted into the Premier League relegation zone.

SunSport understands that Keane, 37, is no longer in charge at the Stadium of Light, although it is not yet clear whether he quit or was sacked.

Sunderland have lost six of their last seven matches despite spending £35million in the summer.

Former Manchester United star Keane started his managerial career in style by guiding them from the bottom of the Premier League.

He has since spent huge amounts in the transfer market without establishing Sunderland as a top-flight force.

Tim Buzaglo

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Hopefully he will skulk back to the dog walking and out of the public eye for good!
Will we ever see another one?

thebandit

Big Mick McCarthy to take over!!!!!

bingobus

Typical, just before they visit old toilet. I thought he would have got a last, heroic display from Cisse, Diouf, Reid, Miller and Co and take a point on Saturday.

Now, a managerless Sunderland will roll over for Ginsoak & Co on Saturday.

If Liverpool lose the league I wll hold Keane responsible  ;D  ;)

He is now favourite to take the Shamrock Rovers job in a dream team with Eamon Dunphy.

GalwayBayBoy

He'll start to get a bit of a name for himself for walking out if he's not careful.

Wonder will we see him back in managment at all. He'll struggle to find a better deal than he had at Sunderland where he had complete control and was heavily backed financially. He won't get that kind of backing at any other club outside the big four.

Off The Fence

Keane and Sunderland part company 

Keane took charge of Sunderland in 2006
Roy Keane has left his position as manager of Sunderland, BBC Sport understands.

Sunderland have yet to confirm the exit of Keane, who was set to give a news conference at 1300 GMT ahead of Saturday's game at Manchester United.

The Black Cats are 18th in the Premier League and have lost five of their last six games.

The ex-Manchester United midfielder took over at Sunderland in 2006 and led them to the Premier League in 2006-07.

Keane, 37, has said in recent weeks that his future may not be certain hinting that he could leave the club.

Their latest defeat came against Bolton on Saturday with the Black Cats losing 4-1.

"I ask myself every day if I'm the right man for Sunderland," he said following the weekend defeat.

"I asked myself this morning, and I said I was. Sunday morning, if the answer's no, we'll have to look at it."

Keane has spent nearly £70m on 33 players since his arrival in August 2006 including the big money arrivals of striker Kenwyne Jones, midfielder Kieran Richardson, defender Anton Ferdinand and keeper Craig Gordon.

More to follow.

Shamrock Shore

Poor auld Triggs!

The bollix will be walked off him again.

At least now the club will revert to its old name of Sunderland as opposed to Roykeanesunderland.

Doogie Browser

Spent a fortune on a load of average players (Diouf, Cisse, Ferdinand, Jones) and players like Healy, Whitehead, Stokes, Murphy who have never cut it in the Premier league.
A choker who did not want a relegation blemish on his CV.

lynchbhoy

looking more and more like the guy cant stand the heat....contrary to his on field persona !

Declan

Jumped or Pushed. Either way that's a pity - Would have liked to see what would have happened over the rest of the season.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 04, 2008, 12:01:19 PM
Spent a fortune on a load of average players (Diouf, Cisse, Ferdinand, Jones) and players like Healy, Whitehead, Stokes, Murphy who have never cut it in the Premier league.
A choker who did not want a relegation blemish on his CV.

Kenwyne Jones was probably his best signing. They could probably sell him for a profit. His injury hasn't helped them this season. Cisse is actually on loan at Sunderland and hasn't done that badly for them in fairness. Scored a few goals this season. Think Whitehead was at the club before Keane arrived.

Granted he has spent a lot of money on average players.

Double Cross

No different to Saipan really, the going got tough and Keano f**ked off. All these new Sunderland "supporters" will be supporting Wolves next year.

Declan

QuoteNo different to Saipan really, the going got tough and Keano f**ked off

Jaysus - here we go again. Lets wait and see what is said at press conference before jumping to conclusions

A Quinn Martin Production

Any truth in the rumour that Sunderland's training facilities weren't up to scratch ::)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

RedandGreenSniper

Typical clowns dancing on the grave before the full ins and outs are known. ::) Its no harm to move on lads
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year