Haven't entered but would next year
17 (17.9%)
Couldnt be bothered anymore
9 (9.5%)
Never saw the appeal
7 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Mayo4Sam

The problem with the intercounty is that a lot of people join for a week or two and then stop, for intercounty comp u need it to only be participating people
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

bennydorano

It is very enjoyable.  Paying a few quid for decent prizes would be an idea. 

Still waiting on my prize from Pride.ie from my 2005 champo victory (or was it 2004 ;D)

Mayo4Sam

I'm still waiting to be credited for winning last years hurling, well tying at least!

gerrykeegan

Really enjoyed the spreads competition, never missed a week. Often forgot to do my Fantasy Football changes but never my GAA spreads. Well done.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

rosnarun

would like to Join . BTW is that whats its called GAASpreads.com is the site up at the moment?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dinny Breen

Would to see everyones predictions after I have done my own but excellent otherwise.
#newbridgeornowhere

Mayo4Sam

Well dicky is this going ahead? Really hope so, had a good run of it last year
The idea behind an intercounty league hinges on all players participating, somehting thats not going to happen.

full back

Over the Bar

I'll be runnin with it.  Was pure deadly!

Sam Maguire

I would like to join but am unsure of how to do so and also the rules of it etc.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Mayo4Sam

Basically sam, there is a list of all the matches for the week, with a spread given for each match
e.g. for the first week

Mayo V Kerry       Kerry by 3.5
dublin V tyrone     Tyrone by 0.5

U either pick mayo or kerry, if u pick mayo and mayo win, theres a draw or kerry win by 3 points or less ur a winner & get a point
If u pick kerry they have to win by 4 points or more

If u pick dublin in the second one and the match ends in a draw or dublin win then u get a point
If u pick tyrone they need to win by a point or more

Alternatively u can call a draw in any match, if it is a draw then u get 2 points

magpie seanie

If there could be a way to lessen the pain of missing a weeks' spreads then that would be great. For example 90% of average mark the first week missed, 70% second week missed, 50% if you miss a third week and feck all after that. Just a thought but might prove a burden.

Mayo4Sam

Would be very hard to run i'd imagine seanie.
Possibly allowing 2 weeks spreads at a time?
Again a lot of time & organisation

saffron

Its great for keeping an interest in all the games even after your county is out. Particularly enjoyed the mini leagues you can set up with mates.

Only thing is a lot of people just stop playing hence the loads of zeros etc - what about a rule that if you miss four weeks or whatever your removed. Makes the league more meaningful.

Excellent - keep up the good work!

venter

One way to keep it interesting for those who miss a week might be:

After the 7 rounds of league matches, Allow each contestant to drop thier worst weekly score( a bit like the Showjumping).
Carry on as normal in the knockout stages

Probably not that easy for Dickyrock and Sligoman, unless they could come up with some mad computer program to do the adding and subtracting!