Come in if you Hate Christmas

Started by Itchy, December 22, 2023, 02:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 22, 2023, 04:54:50 PMJc pen I agree tbh but the Elf is a right pain in the hole that you just remember about just as yer about to head to bed

Gawa last year of Santa so only fair to tell them that the elf's a pile of balls too. A double whammy lol. Like the time the wife told the eldest about Santa and wee bit about the birds and the bees all on the one day but that's another story 🤣🤣

Holy feck ,  she must like traumatising the childer!  :o

Itchy

What about that Polar Express movie, has anyone ever managed to watch it from start to finish without falling asleep?

AustinPowers

I've come to  really detest Christmas.  It's just all about the  commercial  side , and the needless money spend is absolutely  ridiculous . And the waste of food , even from the dinner  alone, is  a bloody sin

As for Santa , he's the biggest feckin' con in history. And everyone  is in on it. Personally I'd tell kids  the truth  early on , but I've no kids , so I  suppose that's easy for  me to say

Anyway , I do enjoy  the  winding  down , and I. love my walks at Christmas. Maybe  meeting and talking to folks who are home  for  Christmas while doing so.  I enjoy the calling to  friends and relatives, and  people dropping in.

I don't really attend mass , but  I do enjoy a choir on Christmas Eve , but not enough to get me to go

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Itchy on December 22, 2023, 02:17:07 PMWith such nice thread in Christmas songs etc it's only fair there is a thread for people like me who hate Christmas.

I hate...

Christmas trees (assembly and disassembly)
Christmas songs
Christmas movies
Christmas weather
Elf on the f**king Shelf

Sorry but I feel much better for coming out as a Christmas hater.

Am I alone?

Die Hard is a classic in fairness.

gerrykeegan

I didn't realise how much I love Christmas until this year. We decided to sell our house and move. Between the gigs and the reels we only got our keys yesterday. So no decorations up, no lights on. I walked past neighbours looking enviously at their lights. The Elf can f**k off he never got his foot in my door.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: GTP on December 22, 2023, 03:09:19 PMDerry SFC final 1993 - The final was late because of Derry's run to Sam.  Lavey had been nominated for Ulster but after beating Kingscourt, they surrendered their title to eventual winners Errigal Ciaran. With Derry's team holiday looming, the final needed to be played on St Stephen's Day. (from Derrynow)

Aye, the only time we ever reached the final. Played on about two inches of packed snow. Delay was more down to a Ballinderry objection to Newbridge refusing to play a match under lights. But the second bit is true, getting the Derry boys away for the team holiday was the priority.

And the St Paul's minor tournament always worth a visit on St Stephen's Day.

trueblue1234

Love Christmas. But starting the elf on a shelf was as big a mistake as I've made. Anyone who hasn't started it. Please, please don't. Not only is it a pain in the a$$, it just makes the older kids question everything more as well. Whoever started it deserves to have 12 branches of Holly rammed where the stars don't sparkle.
Oldest's last year of Santa this year, so she'll be taking on the mantle for the younger two next year. We'll See how fond of it she is then!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Brendan

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 22, 2023, 09:44:55 PMLove Christmas. But starting the elf on a shelf was as big a mistake as I've made. Anyone who hasn't started it. Please, please don't. Not only is it a pain in the a$$, it just makes the older kids question everything more as well. Whoever started it deserves to have 12 branches of Holly rammed where the stars don't sparkle.
Oldest's last year of Santa this year, so she'll be taking on the mantle for the younger two next year. We'll See how fond of it she is then!!

Any tips on how to avoid starting elf on the shelf, my kids are starting to hear about it at school so may have no option but to do it next year  :o

trueblue1234

Quote from: Brendan on December 22, 2023, 09:50:21 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 22, 2023, 09:44:55 PMLove Christmas. But starting the elf on a shelf was as big a mistake as I've made. Anyone who hasn't started it. Please, please don't. Not only is it a pain in the a$$, it just makes the older kids question everything more as well. Whoever started it deserves to have 12 branches of Holly rammed where the stars don't sparkle.

Any tips on how to avoid starting elf on the shelf, my kids are starting to hear about it at school so may have no option but to do it next year  :o
Tell them Santa sent a Robin to keep an eye on them instead. Put birdseed out and hope for the best!! 😀
The Robin was what we were told when we were small.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Girl I know who works 16 hours a week and partner who doesn't work spent £3000 on presents for their 3 children.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Brendan on December 22, 2023, 09:50:21 PM

Leave as late as possible. Some start dec1 some when tree goes up, not sure of the
"rules". A week is plenty and keep as simple as u can if u can't avoid. Or delegate. Nice one trueblue

Tonite I'm doing Smarty Pants - smarties on a pair of me boxers 😐😆

AustinPowers

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 22, 2023, 10:03:36 PMGirl I know who works 16 hours a week and partner who doesn't work spent £3000 on presents for their 3 children.

And  did she  agree that she's a tit,  after you  threw the stapler at  her?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 22, 2023, 10:03:36 PMGirl I know who works 16 hours a week and partner who doesn't work spent £3000 on presents for their 3 children.

Sorry, did you mean to type "on ransoms for their 3 kids"?  Only way I can make sense of that.

marty34

Don't see much of 'inflation' or 'cost of living crisis' about in fairness.  Shops etc. of all sorts were jam packed this today/evening.

Clearly no cost of living crisis.

Eire90

There is always been a cost of living crises for the poor but the middle class might have to pay 5 pound extra for a burger and its a crises with shows on rte