FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

I know people think James M is a good lad and tries his best but but f**k me, you have a corner to take and put it out of play. 
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Captain Scarlet

We are trying to play a new style - whatever the f**k it is...
Like this is muck football with no real organisation. Lads just kicking it away and a big man from a set piece.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

weareros

Pure muck. And the Irish media talking all week about an Irish away win. What drugs are they on? Worse than the rugby alickadoos.Played off the pitch.

Captain Obvious

European qualifying campaign as good as over after two games?

Capt Pat

We may not have the players but at least lets get the manager right. Kenny is running out of time.

seafoid

There are several ways to get to the Euros including a playoff via 3rd place and the Nations League places. 3rd is still on if we beat Greece at home and nick a point somewhere they don't. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Poor performance and could have few complaints if lost 4-1

A good progressive coach with this group of young players to try a different approach was a nice idea in theory but under Kenny it's not working at all.

If seeing consistent performances or patterns of play, you could justify sticking with Kenny but that's not the case.

Captain Scarlet

Progressive coach, progressive football...
Kicking it away to nowhere. James McClean called on.
This notion that he brought in younger lads...you can't ignore Collins or Ferguson.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

manfromdelmonte

AustinPowers

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 16, 2023, 09:53:16 PM
We may not have the players but at least lets get the manager right. Kenny is running out of time.

Kenny was running  out of time  from  the day the FAI  announced that Kenny would take over  two years after  Mick Mc Carthy

An Watcher

Must be taking the hand.  I'd agree that Kennys time may be coming to an end but let's build on what he's done with the passing football, not revert back to hoofball

Captain Scarlet

Passing football! Was that what we call that tonight or in a lot of games.
Thomas Frank doesn't do hoofball but doesn't try to play a way his team can't manage.

We don't have a style of play, especially in attack but we just say 'brave on the ball' and progressive style of play while what we see is playing for set pieces and individual moments.
I might rock up to the next squad and say I'm trying to be a good player, keeping the ball on the ground. All we seem to do is say these things when our own eyes tell us it's nonsense.

DhoireTheas

Both Ireland's losing is always pleasing to see but that is just my opinion.