European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: caprea on August 23, 2020, 11:24:21 PM
I wonder if PSG didn't exist would anyone give a flying fcuk about Qatar and their human rights record

The WC is happening there in two years time and loads of immigrant workers have died building their stadiums so I'm gonna have a guess and say...yes.

caprea

Quote from: gallsman on August 23, 2020, 11:52:49 PM
Quote from: caprea on August 23, 2020, 11:24:21 PM
I wonder if PSG didn't exist would anyone give a flying fcuk about Qatar and their human rights record

The WC is happening there in two years time and lies3 of immigrant workers have died building their stadiums so I'm gonna have a guess and say...yes.

Fair point. I wonder if PSG didn't exist and Qatar didn't win the right to host the 2022 World Cup would anyone give a .......

BennyCake

I would guarantee loads of construction workers on every olympics and world cups are exploited and fucked over. That's why those countries are chosen in the first place. Those behind FIFA and the Olympic crowd aren't exactly honest and trustworthy. They're all a bunch of greedy corrupt nut bars.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on August 24, 2020, 12:20:05 AM
I would guarantee loads of construction workers on every olympics and world cups are exploited and fucked over. That's why those countries are chosen in the first place. Those behind FIFA and the Olympic crowd aren't exactly honest and trustworthy. They're all a bunch of greedy corrupt nut bars.

Not every Olympics or World Cup, some countries have decent health and safety, Qatar is a disgrace but is something of an outlier.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Boycey

Bayern's starting team last night cost less than £100mill  :o

Cunny Funt

I see supporters will be attending the Super Cup in September in Budapest with 30% capacity to be allowed to attend.

GJL

Apparently Messi has handed in a transfer request.  :o

gallsman

Quote from: GJL on August 25, 2020, 08:36:15 PM
Apparently Messi has handed in a transfer request.  :o

Not quite a transfer request. A letter informing them that he's rescinding his contract and leaving. His contact has a clause that he can leave for free supposedly but he has to inform them by the end of May each year if he wants to exercise it. Looks like Messi's lawyers will argue the extension of the season moves that date to the end of August.

Hard to see anyway back for him now without the entire board resigning.

SHEEDY

Psg marseille ends in brawl, 5 sent off including neymar. 1st time since 1984 psg lose first 2 games.
nil satis nisi optimum

Bronco

Soccer "brawls" are always so disappointing unless they're in South America. Tonight's was handbags at ten paces.

Captain Obvious

Shamrock Rovers doing alright in that 1st half and had a few decent chances to score. AC Milan scored with their only shot on target, a lad aged near 40 with the goal.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 17, 2020, 07:48:56 PM
Shamrock Rovers doing alright in that 1st half and had a few decent chances to score. AC Milan scored with their only shot on target, a lad aged near 40 with the goal.

Odd this is in European football but Rovers did very well against a serious Milan unit. Jack Byrne didn't look out of place

imtommygunn

Coleraine Motherwell in extra time. 2-2

90th minute penalty.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 17, 2020, 09:14:34 PM

Odd this is in European football but Rovers did very well against a serious Milan unit. Jack Byrne didn't look out of place

What's odd about it? It was a Europa League qualifying game. AC Milan are a long way from the serious side they once were.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 17, 2020, 10:20:26 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 17, 2020, 09:14:34 PM

What's odd about it? It was a Europa League qualifying game. AC Milan are a long way from the serious side they once were.

Who were they playing?