NHL 2020

Started by Milltown Row2, February 02, 2020, 08:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on March 22, 2020, 04:34:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 04:30:10 PM
There was one minute of injury each half! Barry Kelly wouldn't have been Cody's mate

Watching it again, Kelly gave 2 ropey enough penalties to Tipp.

I though Darren Gleeson was lucky not to give one away when he dived out, feet first, to down Eoin Larkin.

Aye but he won the ball and cleaned Larkin in the process, play ball in my opinion
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 05:14:33 PM
There was one minute of injury each half! Barry Kelly wouldn't have been Cody's mate

I though Darren Gleeson was lucky not to give one away when he dived out, feet first, to down Eoin Larkin.

Aye but he won the ball and cleaned Larkin in the process, play ball in my opinion

But if a defender dives in like that, say another 10m out from where Gleeson was, it'd be a definate free.

You can't come lunging out feet first, regardless of whether you take the ball or not.

That's like saying I pulled across a man's head but it's ok, I got the ball.

Regardless, that was some finish to a game. The drama, even watching it back, was unreal.

Richie Power was some operator.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on March 22, 2020, 05:58:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 05:14:33 PM

But if a defender dives in like that, say another 10m out from where Gleeson was, it'd be a definate free.

You can't come lunging out feet first, regardless of whether you take the ball or not.

That's like saying I pulled across a man's head but it's ok, I got the ball.

Regardless, that was some finish to a game. The drama, even watching it back, was unreal.

Richie Power was some operator.

I thought he got the ball cleanly, players going for a 50/50 is not a foul unless they connect with the player before they play ball or miss the ball, I think Kelly let a lot go also so it was normal.

If the player strikes the head then it's a red now, he did blow for lads swinging through and missing the ball a few time's

How Kelly ref'd is how I'd like to do it

Richie was something else, had the pleasure of playing against him in an All Ireland semifinal, albeit an interfirms junior!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/0326/1126601-gaa-round-table-daly-cusack-on-knockout-championship/

What is the pecking order in hurling right now?

Anthony Daly : All things being equal, I think Limerick are the best team in Ireland, even this league there was no day they didn't make four or five changes and they were still at their ease. The pecking order for me would be Limerick, followed by Tipp, then Kilkenny, and maybe Wexford after that. The misfortune is for the likes of Clare, Galway and Waterford with new managements. I do think it's the established teams with established managements that are best placed to deal with this lay-off.
DOC: Undoubtedly Limerick are the team to beat, you look at their form over the last couple of years – they won the All-Ireland two years ago, they won the league last year, they gave Tipperary an awful hammering in the Munster final and arguably they got hit with a couple of early blows in the semi-final, that by the time they recovered from them the fight was over. It will be a test of them to see how much they've learned from that, but all of the signs are that they've responded well and are undoubtedly the team to beat.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mouview

Quote from: seafoid on March 27, 2020, 04:30:19 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/0326/1126601-gaa-round-table-daly-cusack-on-knockout-championship/

Anthony Daly : All things being equal, I think Limerick are the best team in Ireland, even this league there was no day they didn't make four or five changes and they were still at their ease. The pecking order for me would be Limerick, followed by Tipp, then Kilkenny, and maybe Wexford after that. The misfortune is for the likes of Clare, Galway and Waterford with new managements. I do think it's the established teams with established managements that are best placed to deal with this lay-off.
DOC: Undoubtedly Limerick are the team to beat, you look at their form over the last couple of years – they won the All-Ireland two years ago, they won the league last year, they gave Tipperary an awful hammering in the Munster final and arguably they got hit with a couple of early blows in the semi-final, that by the time they recovered from them the fight was over. It will be a test of them to see how much they've learned from that, but all of the signs are that they've responded well and are undoubtedly the team to beat.

What have KK done in recent times to be so rated? Galway might have a new manager but the players are the same and arguably more in their prime than Kilkenny who still seem to be somewhat in transition. Definitely don't think they could be rated third in the pecking order.

marty34

They won league in 2018, got to the AI final last year, us got the tradition.

imtommygunn

They beat limerick when no one else could.Had hogan not went off they'd have been much more competitive in that final.(I think 9 out of 10 times limerick beat them though). Any team with TJ Reid hitting them over from absolutely anywhere and colin fennelly in full forward will not be easy beat.

marty34

1980 All Irland Final-  Galway V Limerick on TG4 now.

Some amount of ground hurling and no high catching allowed!!!

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on March 28, 2020, 09:48:34 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 27, 2020, 04:30:19 PM

What have KK done in recent times to be so rated? Galway might have a new manager but the players are the same and arguably more in their prime than Kilkenny who still seem to be somewhat in transition. Definitely don't think they could be rated third in the pecking order.
I was thinking the same. Might suit Galway to be dark horses as well.

Milltown Row2

Great to win the league title today against Kerry, who for recent seasons have given us a torrid time.

Very close game and never much more of a puck of a ball between them. Thankfully we have the win that'll bring us to Div 1

Darren Gleason has managed to get us over the line.. the McDonagh cup will be as tight, but the real target was winning the league!

seafoid

Picking the top 2 in March to contest the final was shown up in championship. Clare were way off the pace.