Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaisyCutter

They are probably trying to get as many players football as possible at this moment in time. I pass through it everyday and there field was covered for 3 and a half weeks in March with the Snow. In fairness, I would love to see all the Div 1's club top 13 list for the craic.

thewobbler

In fairness, if you use 5 subs in an Ulster final, that means 20 players were used on the day.

6 or 7 of those featuring for the reserve team wouldn't contravene the named 13 rule.

Maybe things have changed a bit in the past few years with emigration meaning smaller panels, but a few years ago all the top clubs' named 13s were either very clean or pretty clean. It's normally the smaller clubs, with a lesser pick, in which you tend to find a few retirees and long-term absentees among the 13.

goldenyears

Obviously this is an issue -

A Chara
   After the last meeting of CCC it was agreed to ask all Clubs to AGAIN  provide  a true and accurate list to myself  by Tues April 9th  (not Divisional Boards in this instance)  for scrutiny by CCC.
       We would remind all Clubs of their responsibility to uphold the ethos of our Association, that due respect is paid to the Competitions been entered by your Club and to the integrity of your opponents  to ensure that as many players are given the opportunity to play Adult Football within your Club.
  1)Players out of the Country/ players who haven't played in years are appearing in these lists
  2) Players listed who have actually Transferred out of Clubs
  3) Players not in Top 13 but played Senior/Intermediate Championships in 2012
       etc are just some of the points that have been noted.

Town Gael

Kilcoo had 8 men who started for their seniors on Friday night starting for their seconds on Sunday. Caatlewellan had 1 and he was in nets. I know it was a local derby but if I was a Kilcoo 2nds player who got no football this weekend while others got 2 games I'd be well peed off

Mid Down Gael

I can assure you every adult player from Kilcoo who was available got game time this weekend. Due to a long injury list some players had to play twice. Our top 13 consists of all regular senior players for the record. We are not desperate for success at premier reserve level, I'm sure many of the guys that where forced to play twice would rather have put the feet up. Numbers dictated this yesterday. Kilcoo only want one thing and that is to win 3 down championships in 5 years! Seconds success Dosent come into it.

DaisyCutter

I'm sure it doesn't MDG, as memory serves me right, yourselves and the Bridge have dominated this level of football for the past number of years with Countless league and championships between them.
Plus I also think they have a 3rds team in ACPRL 2 as well, which is very impressive.

umpire

Burren have beaten both Mayobridge and Kilcoo.
Some people are saying that Burren have the league sewn up already!!

Town Gael

I reckon losing to the Town on Friday might had more to do with 11 seniors getting a run on Sunday than any injury crisis- probably the biggest squad in East Down to pick from.
Wonder wht action the club will take against a supporter who supposedly has a lifee bam running onto the pitch to

Town Gael

Punch a schoolboy from behind. B

Mid Down Gael

Ha ha do u think loosing to a we club like the town in a league game will bother us. When yous win some silverware il give yous credit, in last ten years Kilcoo have been the most dominant and successful east down club and that's what is remembered. Not a league game early in the season. We will see come the business end of season, while we will be contesting for frank OHare the town lads will be preparing for another assault on the bobby dalzell cup. Recent stats prove my point.

DaisyCutter

Yes umpire, Burren have looked impressive in their opening games thus far to say the least. They are breaking from deep with numbers that will test the best defences in the County.
Burren will probably run away with it at this stage but they may not win the league come November with the whole playoff malarkey, which In fairness has been embarrassing in recent years with consistent low numbers attending the final.

Town Gael

Kilcoo lived in our shadow for 80 years- I will grant them their moment in the sun. You havent said how your club will deal with a racisr who runs onto a pitch to hit a schoolboy though

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Town Gael on April 22, 2013, 09:51:13 PM
Kilcoo lived in our shadow for 80 years- I will grant them their moment in the sun. You havent said how your club will deal with a racisr who runs onto a pitch to hit a schoolboy though

As I wasn't present at the ACPR League game I cannot comment on your allegation. I think you should ensure your own club deals with their aggressors as I'm sure ours will. Cheap digs on here on individuals is easy, you shouldn't make allegations that you wouldn't say to a mans face.
I understand it must be frustrating seeing the we village adjacent 'the town' having success, especially with the pick geographically yous have had in the last 50 years. It would suit the town better to deal with their own internal problems instead of coming out with shite on here due to bitterness.

DaisyCutter

That was harsh in fairness Town Gael.

Aristo 60

Does anyone know how many penalties out of the 44 did KMcK (emigration is a scourge) score?