Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2020, 04:26:17 PM
Quote from: maxpower on August 16, 2020, 04:20:04 PM
Fair play to the lads stuck at it when it looked dead and gone!

A lot of injury time but tbf to the ref a lot of Rossa players seemed to go down at different stages throughout the game!

Ronan Molloy put in an exhibition and the equalising score from Chrissy McMahon was a brilliant score!

Been a great Championship, extremely competitive group with 4 good teams!
So there was that amount of stoppages in the 2nd half? Seems odd.

I didn't time it, ones around me had it 9.5 minutes over.

Enjoyable game, Rossa hurled well. Great finale by our lads
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Classic GAA 89 buffers ally v Rossa on first
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

up the rovers

Apparantly Ballycastle played the whole second half with 14 men. Were 4 points down and turned it around to lead by two before St Johns equalised in injury time. Good to see Ballycastle and Rossa making strides. Makes the championship much more interesting

maxpower

Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2020, 05:05:11 PM
Quote from: maxpower on August 16, 2020, 05:01:14 PM

A lot of injury time but tbf to the ref a lot of Rossa players seemed to go down at different stages throughout the game!

Ronan Molloy put in an exhibition and the equalising score from Chrissy McMahon was a brilliant score!

Antrim Twitter had a score up at 42 minutes into the second half and it wasn't the final score!

Maybe, the number of times Rossa men went down was equally questionable
What happens next????

marty34

What happens after the groups stages?

Top two of each group into semi-finals?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2020, 06:25:51 PM
What happens after the groups stages?

Top two of each group into semi-finals?

Third place go into a quarter final?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2020, 06:29:38 PM
Quote from: maxpower on August 16, 2020, 05:53:38 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2020, 05:05:11 PM
Quote from: maxpower on August 16, 2020, 05:01:14 PM

Antrim Twitter had a score up at 42 minutes into the second half and it wasn't the final score!

Maybe, the number of times Rossa men went down was equally questionable
So there was that amount of stoppages in the 2nd half. Is that what you are saying? I've never seen nor heard of that amount of time being added on to a half without there being a very serious injury.

As I say I wasn't timing it and it did seem to run on, but Rossa did try and time waste by going down 'injured' on about a dozen occasions.

With the water break it is impossible to time games now as a supporter! Game is up when the ref calls for the ball
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

I think best going forward (with the water break) is after the last break you've basically 15 mins.. from that point (providing there was no major stoppages before that break) you basically stop your watch with each 'injury' and relay that to the players and managers, there's no comeback then..

I personally stop the watch if someone is taking the piss!

CitySlicker11

Would many of the refs use two watches, one for stoppages and another continuous timer?

up the rovers

Ref at our game last week told both benches how much added time there would be. Did the one at today's match say 10 minutes?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: up the rovers on August 16, 2020, 07:36:02 PM
Ref at our game last week told both benches how much added time there would be. Did the one at today's match say 10 minutes?

If there are stoppages within stoppage time it'll go on

imtommygunn

Is it top two to go through and does it go on head to head or score difference? I could see Rossa beating Ballycastle and Dunloy beating St. John's then two teams on 3 points. The other group looks almost like a foregone conclusion.

imtommygunn

Ah. Still an interesting group.

up the rovers

3rd place in that group gets cushendall, 2nd place st galls, important to finish in top 2. If St Johns lose they will (probably) be third. Great group, shame neutrals like me cant get to any of the games next week

Na Glinntí Glasa

have to be honest we got out of jail, for the second week in a row. again not a good performance but fair play to lads they dug out a result when it seemed impossible.

the time keeping, well it did go on longer than id expected but im always fair and call things as they are. the rossa lads were down injured a serious amount of times - the first half was the same as it over ran by a considerable margin. The full back went down in the first half and there was two fellas working with him, with one of the physios giving the gesture that he needed to be subbed off. 3 mins later hes on his feet running around.

to be fair to the ref he did keep indicating that he was stopping his watch for each time the physio came onto the pitch but it did seem generous over time. Had the shoe been on the other foot we would of been seething as well.

I didnt thing we came out on the good side of the free count, not sure what Rossa scored but the majority was from frees.

The next person to tell me hurling is dying in Belfast is full of shit and hasn't seen Rossa hurl, fantastic spirit and work rate all over the pitch. no one will come to that pitch and walk over them
hurl like f**k boi!