The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Be delighted to see Liverpool hold on and win this. Lots of united fans still bringing up the pitch invasion after the draw at Watford (I think), last year as a sign of misplaced celebration. They'd kill to have the squad momentum this Liverpool group have.

That said I hope Arsenal beat yiz this weekend!

RedHand88

Quote from: heganboy on December 26, 2018, 05:29:48 PM
Man City blip continues. Lacked that push from the middle today. Liverpool and Spurs both in top form. Also Salah dived.

Its not a blip, its a full blown crisis now. 3 defeats in 4 games for a team that was top is a disaster, especially when 2 of them were mid table teams.

thebuzz

Quote from: heganboy on December 26, 2018, 05:29:48 PM
Man City blip continues. Lacked that push from the middle today. Liverpool and Spurs both in top form. Also Salah dived.

Okay point taken. Salah definitely dived.

Capt Pat

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 27, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
He dived but he was pulled back.

He was given the opportunity to dive!

seafoid

If Man City are focusing on the CL Liverpool might have a realistic chance of winning the League. Liverpool need to win the League . Man City need to win the CL
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on December 27, 2018, 07:41:57 AM
If Man City are focusing on the CL Liverpool might have a realistic chance of winning the League. Liverpool need to win the League . Man City need to win the CL

I almost wish Liverpool hadn't have qualified for the last 16.

markl121

Salah has stayed on his feet countless times this season when he probably should have went down. He got nothing. He probably just said to himself next time that happens I'm going down.
There's something different about this squad. Guna be a long few months.

trailer

The trick will be how well Liverpool do when their blip comes, which it will.

Insane Bolt

brokencrossbar1

It's the hope that kills me .... would it be better to have Over the Bar sneering at is now or in May?  I want to believe but....

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: markl121 on December 27, 2018, 09:25:38 AM
Salah has stayed on his feet countless times this season when he probably should have went down. He got nothing. He probably just said to himself next time that happens I'm going down.
There's something different about this squad. Guna be a long few months.
So he cheated.
3 match ban?
The FA need to be consistent with all clubs

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteLiverpool's Mohamed Salah will face no action from the Football Association over the incident which led to his penalty against Newcastle at Anfield.

The Egypt forward, 26, went down after minimal contact from Magpies defender Paul Dummett.

Salah converted from the spot in a 4-0 win, a result which put the Premier League leaders six points clear.

As there was contact between the players, it did not meet the FA's threshold for a disciplinary charge.

Salah could have faced a two-match ban, which would have seen him miss key league games against Arsenal and Manchester City.   

Aaron Boone

Swings & roundabouts. Refs will think twice when the Egyptian Pharaoh next tumbles in the box.

J70

Or, as mentioned earlier, they'll also be aware of the times that he has stayed on his feet when other players go down after a clear foul. His second goal against Bournemouth the other week when Cook took a swing (and connected with) his ankle as he was running into the box.

He went down way too easily yesterday, but he was also clearly pulled back by the arm. Where is the line? Can the ref give a free/penalty AND discipline the fouled player for exaggerating the impact of the foul? Being fouled and exaggerating the effects of the foul are not mutually exclusive. Does one override the other (it may do - I'm not alway up to date on current interpretations or rule changes).