Started by RMDrive, March 19, 2013, 07:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Tubberman on March 24, 2013, 04:51:38 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 04:46:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 24, 2013, 04:30:31 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 04:10:44 PM
Putrid stuff.
The cynical teams like Mayo would want to start planning ahead or they'll be left behind the rest of us in 2014.

When you say us do you mean Meath?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's really funny!

I meant the aristocrats of football in general.
Ourselves and Galway for example.

The same Galway that were the first example of cynical fouling in the FRC video?

Good point.
Looks like it's just us then.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

cadence

Quote from: INDIANA on March 24, 2013, 04:59:54 PM
Quote from: cadence on March 24, 2013, 04:23:19 PM
there was a lot of fouls given but they weren't all fouls. if a player goes to ground it doen't necessarily mean that it was a free and he gave that one all day long.

anyway, mayo will be happy with that. deserved victory.

we knew before this weekend that we've got work to do on our attacking play. have to give mayo their dues though, very good defensive display. broke our attacks and hit us on the break. midfield was also a bit of a non-contest.

it's just not happening for us atm. we can't seem to create the scoring opportunities. time and again moves broke down when hand passes didn't hit the runner. those types of passes might look easy enough but when you've got bodies moving at a rate of noughts about the place they're not that easy. it's not that our running game has shut down, it just gets us the ball up to the 50-45 and then we run out of ideas.

If ever their was an advertisement for the black card this was it. An utterly horrible game to watch permeated by everything that is bad in Gaelic Football

the ref played his part in making it the way it was. i'm not saying there wasn't negative play. what i'm saying is he blew for practically every occasion where there was a bit of contact. it was like watching a game of basketball the way he reffed it.

cadence

Quote from: RMDrive on March 24, 2013, 05:18:39 PM
An extremely disappointing performance from Donegal - as bad as I've seen under Jim. We look like a team waiting for something to happen and today we looked completely uninterested. Our passing one we got over the half way line was terrible and we gifted the ball to Mayo so many times. We were poor in the tackle and gave away far too many scorable frees. I can't think of any positive that we can take from the game.

From Mayo's perspective, Moran had a cracking game and the tacking by the backs was excellent. Though they looked a bit clueless up front though and they should really have won the game by more.

I'd say it'll take me till Wednesday to get warm again.

might have been bad, but we didn't lose by much, and that's because they're battlers. a few years ago on days like today when nothing goes right it would've been an awful hiding and a terrible display all round with the heads down. that doesn't happen now. but you're right though, we're not clicking at all going forward.

ballinaman

Quote from: cadence on March 24, 2013, 05:19:00 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 24, 2013, 04:59:31 PM
Great to get the win. Listening to it through free McDonalds wifi in South Beach Miami was a strange experience!

no need for that.
If it makes ye feel better, I was/am horrifically hungover...

cadence

Quote from: ballinaman on March 24, 2013, 05:37:56 PM
Quote from: cadence on March 24, 2013, 05:19:00 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 24, 2013, 04:59:31 PM
Great to get the win. Listening to it through free McDonalds wifi in South Beach Miami was a strange experience!

no need for that.
If it makes ye feel better, I was/am horrifically hungover...

serves ye right! gallavanting away over there....

Zulu

Is it true Donegal players aren't allowed to sign autographs? Micheal Murphy refuses to sign a young girls jersey but a lad on twitter claims it is a McGuinness policy.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/1j4igdgadcfeueateuqntf.mp4/

theticklemister

that wee wain must of felt like nothing after that.

is thatpolicy true? If so whywould this be the case?

Zulu

Haven't a clue, only posted what a guy on twitter claimed. If it isn't a policy why in the world did Murphy not sign the jersey?

cadence

we didn't play well today. understandable if murphy just wanted to get off the pitch. he did acknowledge the wee girl and playfully tapped her on the head. just a bad day in the office i think.

donegal lad

Quote from: Zulu on March 24, 2013, 05:59:53 PM
Haven't a clue, only posted what a guy on twitter claimed. If it isn't a policy why in the world did Murphy not sign the jersey?
Not sure if it's a policy but know anytime me or my brother (who's disabled) has asked murphy or any other Donegal players to sign something have been told to get them at the team bus where they have always obliged in signing jerseys etc and standing for photos

From the Bunker

Would not go hard on Murphy. It's the middle of Spring after a hard away league Match that he just lost. I'd say he just wanted to get off the pitch. Besides it was a Mayo supporter and maybe he thought they were taking the piss!

118cmal

Jim McGuinness has implemented a no-signing policy for the players.

emmetryan

Hi guys,

Tactical analysis of Mayo's win over Donegal up here http://action81.com/blog/?p=7017

Thanks,
Emmet
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

From the Bunker

Quote from: 118cmal on March 24, 2013, 06:55:24 PM

That's a bit rough! I know the circus of signing Jerseys, programs etc can be an almighty pain for inter-county players. But it is a great lift to youngsters who see these as massive stars! What will managers ban next, goal/point celebrations, hand shakes between opposing players before/after games, etc

muppet

Quote from: 118cmal on March 24, 2013, 06:55:24 PM

He is afraid someone will accidentally sign a contract for a book.
MWWSI 2017