China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: theskull1 on November 30, 2021, 05:27:41 PM
Regardless of which side your on ... I reckon this is worth 30 minutes of anyones time even if its just to test their own current beliefs about this whole hashter (including how they perceive 'the other side')

QuotePaul Kingsnorth sees the vaccine wars as symptomatic of a bigger division between two fundamentally different world views: he calls them "thesis" and "antithesis." When it comes to Covid, "thesis" is the establishment viewpoint: that lockdowns are needed to contain the virus, masks work, vaccines are safe, and people who question them are wrongheaded or worse. When Covid-19 first struck, Kingsnorth took the "thesis" viewpoint.

But over the last few months, his perspective changed. As he  in today's UnHerd, the crystallising moment arrived when he woke up to the news that the Austrian government had 'interned an entire third of the population'. This move, he writes, sent a 'chill down my spine'.

The "antithesis" view can be summed up as: lockdowns are not needed, masks do not work, the safety and efficacy of the vaccines are being oversold, vaccine passports will not only fail but further segregate society, and in the near future we can expect Giradian scapegoating of the unvaccinated. In other words, we are positioned on the precipice of a slippery slope that leads towards increasingly draconian biopolitical control measures, the grip of which is unlikely to release even once the pandemic is over.

In a conversation with Freddie Sayers on this week's UnHerdTV, he explains this division and the bigger epistemological divides it reveals. "People are arguing about vaccines," he says, "but they're really under the surface arguing about what kind of person you are if you have taken these things, whether you're a good or a bad person, or clean or unclean one".

In Kingsnorth's view, each of us has a line that cannot be crossed. And his has now been reached.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4SEIY0kLpuYK2nziSgLPsI?si=yTAWV8x6QDu6qMtZB7dWvw&utm_source=native-share-menu

I don't have half an hour to burn, and definitely don't have it to waste.
If he can't be f**ked transcribing it for a skim read, I sure as hell can't be f**ked listening to 29 minutes of durge for 1 minute of information.

But in dealing with the key issue that surrounds all this - how can he say medical science justifies lockdowns, vaccines masks etc one minute - then turn around a minute later and say they aren't.

Medical science did not change one bit in those two minutes.

His opinion on whether it was politically acceptable or not changed.
i usse an speelchekor

Hereiam

I see the brits are not going to administer the booster until the end of January, why are we being told to get the booster now, are we being used as guinea pigs or is Boris waiting on a better booster to be developed which will be effective against this mutation.
Its being a thing that has worried me a bit throughout this pandemic is that these vaccinations in the north have been rolled out quicker than England Scotland or Wales, usually we are last on the list.
Not anti-vax by the way.

Armagh18

Quote from: Hereiam on November 30, 2021, 08:53:36 PM
I see the brits are not going to administer the booster until the end of January, why are we being told to get the booster now, are we being used as guinea pigs or is Boris waiting on a better booster to be developed which will be effective against this mutation.
Its being a thing that has worried me a bit throughout this pandemic is that these vaccinations in the north have been rolled out quicker than England Scotland or Wales, usually we are last on the list.
Not anti-vax by the way.
Wouldn't be in any mad rush to get a booster myself. Thought England, Scotland and Wales all vaccinated people at the same rate the north did the first time?

grounded

Quote from: J70 on November 30, 2021, 06:01:44 PM
Surely its not that black and white though?

I've issues myself with the idea of just locking down the unvaccinated, but that doesn't mean I'm now aligned with the antivax/anti-mask, "its all a conspiracy to take away our freedoms" shower.

I think he did address that grey area though, if you listened to it through.
          As he said, for a lot of people the covid vaccination(s) themselves are not the real issue. It is rather the method by which governments have implemented covid policies which now seen to be specifically targeting a minority section of society and this move towards digital health certification and a social credit system.
         I think at the core of each side's argument, is a fundamental belief that they are both trying to protect society and do good. That's why the interaction between the two sides is so caustic on here.

Ed Ricketts

Not anti-vax by the way.

They intend to finish offering everyone the booster by the end of January. They do not intend begin offering everyone the booster by the end of January.

Over 18 million Brits have already had a booster. They're doing 2.5 million a week.

Everything in this post is incorrect. This inability to accurately process information should be what is at the forefront of your worries.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

From the Bunker

Not anti-vax by the way.

You will be when the sh*te hits the fan!

Trust your intuition, it's amazing how good a subliminal judge it is.

imtommygunn

NAG1

Quote from: grounded on November 30, 2021, 08:09:02 PM
Regardless of which side your on ... I reckon this is worth 30 minutes of anyones time even if its just to test their own current beliefs about this whole hashter (including how they perceive 'the other side')

QuotePaul Kingsnorth sees the vaccine wars as symptomatic of a bigger division between two fundamentally different world views: he calls them "thesis" and "antithesis." When it comes to Covid, "thesis" is the establishment viewpoint: that lockdowns are needed to contain the virus, masks work, vaccines are safe, and people who question them are wrongheaded or worse. When Covid-19 first struck, Kingsnorth took the "thesis" viewpoint.

But over the last few months, his perspective changed. As he  in today's UnHerd, the crystallising moment arrived when he woke up to the news that the Austrian government had 'interned an entire third of the population'. This move, he writes, sent a 'chill down my spine'.

The "antithesis" view can be summed up as: lockdowns are not needed, masks do not work, the safety and efficacy of the vaccines are being oversold, vaccine passports will not only fail but further segregate society, and in the near future we can expect Giradian scapegoating of the unvaccinated. In other words, we are positioned on the precipice of a slippery slope that leads towards increasingly draconian biopolitical control measures, the grip of which is unlikely to release even once the pandemic is over.

In a conversation with Freddie Sayers on this week's UnHerdTV, he explains this division and the bigger epistemological divides it reveals. "People are arguing about vaccines," he says, "but they're really under the surface arguing about what kind of person you are if you have taken these things, whether you're a good or a bad person, or clean or unclean one".

In Kingsnorth's view, each of us has a line that cannot be crossed. And his has now been reached.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4SEIY0kLpuYK2nziSgLPsI?si=yTAWV8x6QDu6qMtZB7dWvw&utm_source=native-share-menu

Thanks for posting that up. He was able to articulate his thoughts, ideas and arguments in a way i could never do.

A writer so again a bullshit non scientific OPINION.

grounded

Quote from: NAG1 on December 01, 2021, 08:04:10 AM

Thanks for posting that up. He was able to articulate his thoughts, ideas and arguments in a way i could never do.

Did you even listen to it? 
    Anyway i suppose masking up our kids in primary school will be a real success.
    I suppose those children that get vaccinated might be allowed to take them off. That would be a quare incentive.

trueblue1234

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 30, 2021, 10:38:16 PM
Not anti-vax by the way.

You will be when the sh*te hits the fan!

Trust your intuition, it's amazing how good a subliminal judge it is.

There's the problem right there. Eddie from down the road that hasn't a clue what day of the week it is, should follow his intuition rather than the advise of medical experts the world over. That's the logic your up against.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

Quote from: grounded on December 01, 2021, 08:14:17 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 01, 2021, 08:04:10 AM

Did you even listen to it? 
    Anyway i suppose masking up our kids in primary school will be a real success.
    I suppose those children that get vaccinated might be allowed to take them off. That would be a quare incentive.

Kids in NYC have been masked since they started back in the classroom over a year ago. I was surprised to learn recently that it was only now being considered in Ireland.

My two have got their initial jabs, but I doubt if the city will remove the mask requirement once they complete the vaccinations. Its hard enough getting kids to wear them properly without having half the class allowed to go without them.

screenexile

Schools are a disaster up North at the minute it's rattling through kids and teachers like wildfire and there are no subs then to cover the teachers that are off for testing or who have caught it.

I'm not a fan of a circuit breaker really but given how bad it is in our local area it mightn't be a bad idea to give the kids an extra week off to stop the spread!

NAG1

The rules or the interpretation of the rules is off when it comes to this.

If there is Covid at home the kid can still come to school until such times as they test positive. How is that not going to do anything other than encourage the spread.

screenexile

Quote from: NAG1 on December 01, 2021, 12:31:52 PM
The rules or the interpretation of the rules is off when it comes to this.

If there is Covid at home the kid can still come to school until such times as they test positive. How is that not going to do anything other than encourage the spread.

That's not true up North anyway . . .

QuoteYoung people (aged five to 17) who are not fully vaccinated and are identified as a close contacts should self-isolate and book a PCR test as soon as possible.

If the PCR test is negative, they can end their self-isolation and should arrange to take another PCR test eight days after the last known contact.

If the young person who is a close contact develops symptoms at any time they should immediately self-isolate and book a PCR test, even if the earlier PCR tests were negative.

Truth hurts

Its an absolute shit show up here at the minute, the numbers are through the roof and will get worse. |A circuit breaker f some sort is needed for two weeks.