China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Nw variant is labelled όμικρον, the big O.
Omicron rules!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

WHO's Dr Mike Ryan, on B.1.1.529 now know as the Omicron Variant

"This happens, viruses evolve... This is not the end of the world. The sky is not falling in. There's this idea that we're just waiting for the next variant and I don't want people to spend their lives worrying about that every day."

The hospital situation in ROI

572 in hospital,  643 it was last Friday. ICU 118 no change on a week ago.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 06:25:24 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 26, 2021, 05:35:00 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 26, 2021, 02:41:39 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 26, 2021, 01:48:19 PM
New variant now in Europe https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/covid-new-south-african-variant-strain-lockdown-restrictions/
Convenient...

For who?

Them ;D

Sceptical that there is another variant? If you are sceptical why are you sceptical? It was always going to happen was it not?

The idea that this is "convenient" is bonkers, as if governments around the world want to lock down economies, education, social lives etc  ::)

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

It makes perfect sense, I've seen enough sci-fi films to see where this one is going.

Hunger games.. 

There's more

12 Monkeys

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 06:25:24 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 26, 2021, 05:35:00 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 26, 2021, 02:41:39 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 26, 2021, 01:48:19 PM
New variant now in Europe https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/covid-new-south-african-variant-strain-lockdown-restrictions/
Convenient...

For who?

Them ;D

Sceptical that there is another variant? If you are sceptical why are you sceptical? It was always going to happen was it not?
It's always convenient for THEM.

Which I presume means Van Morrison and his old band.

Maybe Morrison is a double agent?

RadioGAAGAA

Lets not get too panicked.

Yeah, its different - yeah - its obviously more transmissible than Delta.

No one has answered whether its still as lethal as Delta yet.

For instance, if it were 10 times more transmissible and 1000 times less lethal that is probably a trade off most would be happy with.
i usse an speelchekor

sid waddell

A variant with the same lethality but 50% more transmissibility than Delta is far worse for the public health situation than a virus with the same transmissibility but 50% increased lethality.

The apparent transmissibility advantage of Omicron is the big worry here.

Would be lovely if it turned out to be less lethal but that's probably a pipe dream.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Aseem Malhotra is a British cardiologist, and public health campaigner. He is a visiting professor, author of several books and writer of articles in newspapers, who has written scores of editorials and maintains a high profile on social media and television.

When I hear publishing books, tv media, editorials and so on....I smell bullshit, I smell publicity whore
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 11, 2021, 06:44:20 AM
Double vaccinated 6 months ago (Pfizer)

Had a pre work covid test on the 27th of Oct - negative

Felt like a head cold/sinus infection (no temp) Saturday and stayed like that till Tuesday, called off of work M/T had to take a covid test to go back to work today (they are really strict) - positive.

This evening noticed loss of smell, opened a spice jar of both Garlic and Cinnamon and nothing.

Wore my mask everywhere, never went out to socialize the past 2 months because I was swamped with work.

10 days off of work till next test on the 22.

So far all minor symptoms, doctor said the vaccine is more than likely keeping me this way.

Be Careful

Rapid test today and I am now Covid negative.

Still exhausted and a cough but feeling better than last week. Walking three floors to my flat is tiring so I will have to build up my strength again. I feel I was lucky as my vaccinations helped and couldn't imagine going through it without being vaccinated.

Keep safe and mask up.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Blowitupref

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 26, 2021, 06:42:27 PM
572 in hospital,  643 it was last Friday. ICU 118 no change on a week ago.

Down to 519 as of 8pm this evening. Its was 682 on Sunday night, that's a 24% decrease in 5 days.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2021, 12:19:50 AM
Aseem Malhotra is a British cardiologist, and public health campaigner. He is a visiting professor, author of several books and writer of articles in newspapers, who has written scores of editorials and maintains a high profile on social media and television.

When I hear publishing books, tv media, editorials and so on....I smell bullshit, I smell publicity whore
He's a grifter.

Milltown Row2

Used to love hearing advertisements in the states when they were promoting medication.....

Told you all the benefits, then at the very end, at about 100 mph, explained the 20 or so side effects...

Unfortunately everything has side effects