Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer

Fitzpatrick all day long, best player in antrim by a slight margin in my opinion. Honorable mentions to marc jordan and mick mccann.

Would take mcaleese off your hands though, classy operator.

Quote from: rogercasement on November 18, 2021, 10:35:47 PM
So let's assume like Duine suggests there is gonna be a transfer market. Which player would you sign for your club??? Fitzpatrick for me.⁹

geezer

O kerr
P mccormick, r johnston, n delargy
D mcaleese, p mcbride, e mccabe
M jordan, m mccann
A loughran, p shivers, c murray
Fitzy, t mccann, r mccann

Nice blend of youth and experience. Going to onto the committee here to get the wheels in motion for next year.

£1m for the lot?

rogercasement

Your not getting Dermot you wanna see the release clause our committee have him signed to :)

geezer

😂😂 will need him to hand in a transfer request

Quote from: rogercasement on November 18, 2021, 10:56:13 PM
Your not getting Dermot you wanna see the release clause our committee have him signed to :)

JimStynes

Quote from: geezer on November 18, 2021, 11:02:19 PM
😂😂 will need him to hand in a transfer request

Quote from: rogercasement on November 18, 2021, 10:56:13 PM

You should probably go and seek clarification on those rules first.

EOC1923

Quote from: geezer on November 18, 2021, 10:28:06 PM
The fact of the matter is that it doesnt matter if me or jim gavin were managing cargin or creggan next year, they would still be competing for chsips. They have the best squads in the county and thats the bottom line.

If they want to spend money on a manager then who cares? Doesnt matter 1 feck as they would still be there or thereabouts every year.
Agreed

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 19, 2021, 05:59:45 AM
Quote from: geezer on November 18, 2021, 10:40:45 PM
If those clubs feel that paying a manager will take them to the holy grail then fair play. I believe those 2 clubs have aspirations of making a mark in ulster.

But it all comes down to my main point, THEY HAVE THE PLAYERS!

They have put the hard work at underage. You think its a coincidence that st marys got to the final this year? They have been continuously winning at underage level for 10 years. Cargin won minors back to back few years ago and now many of those players in their senior squad now. Creggan have been competing at every underage level for as far back as i can remember.

But sure its down to them paying a manager.

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 18, 2021, 10:33:09 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 18, 2021, 10:28:06 PM
The fact of the matter is that it doesnt matter if me or jim gavin were managing cargin or creggan next year, they would still be competing for chsips. They have the best squads in the county and thats the bottom line.

If they want to spend money on a manager then who cares? Doesnt matter 1 feck as they would still be there or thereabouts every year.
They obviously believe it matters. That's why they do it.
Lance Armstrong was an amazing athlete in his own right. He still cheated to get over the line. Fair play to him too I suppose.

Jeez Duinte you need to take a step into the real world...

Cargin is one of the best clubs in  the county, in terms of facilities.
Come down and have a look.
You will find two excellent pitches (one floodlit).
A pavilion, which is at present undergoing further development and includes a huge sports hall and state of the cart changing facilities.

The club do own all of their land and do have huge potential for further development.

We have a fine senior squad with potential aplenty within.

Now, just from where would we get funds to splash out on paid management....?
No money trees in Toome.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 19, 2021, 08:11:37 AM
A wonderful club and a credit to their members and community. I wish them every success.

I don't think you are going to convince anyone that they don't pay a manager though.

The crux of it is whether it is acceptable or cheating I suppose.

Or acceptable cheating.

You gotta meet our esteemed treasurer......then you will.understand.....not a chance.

Been about here a long time and can assure you Cargin club do not provide 'expense' to any outside management....

Fact..!

NAG1

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 19, 2021, 08:22:16 AM
A wonderful club and a credit to their members and community. I wish them every success.

I don't think you are going to convince anyone that they don't pay a manager though.

Or acceptable cheating.

You gotta meet our esteemed treasurer......then you will.understand.....not a chance.

Been about here a long time and can assure you Cargin club do not provide 'expense' to any outside management....

Fact..!

CB that argument might wash a little better had your previous manager not have been who he was  ;)

country bumpkin

Quote from: NAG1 on November 19, 2021, 08:28:03 AM

Or acceptable cheating.

Fact..!

CB that argument might wash a little better had your previous manager not have been who he was  ;)

Going to tell you again......Cargin club, do not provide payment/expenses to any of their vast array of management.

Come and meet the treasurer and be convinced.

NAG1

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 19, 2021, 08:36:08 AM

Or acceptable cheating.

Fact..!

Going to tell you again......Cargin club, do not provide payment/expenses to any of their vast array of management.

We don't need to meet anyone, yes Cargin club do not provide payment to a manager directly, but sponsors of the club/ members meet that particular bill on the side. Monies which ultimately could be used for a different function within the club.

The club pay it/ members pay it, it's no difference it is all money from the same community being used to pay an individual.

Dance around it any way you like, doesn't change the basic facts.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 19, 2021, 08:36:08 AM

Or acceptable cheating.

Fact..!

Bill Clinton couldn't have put it better himself! 'I did not have se.....

Calm Down

Cargin club, do not provide payment/expenses to any of their vast array of management.

Is the key words here, the club don't donors from the community do

geezer

Club football management is a massive commitment these days. Training 3/4 nights a week, sorting out a s&c programme, in constant contact with players and committee etc. its effectively a 2nd job. Bound to be massive pressure, particularly at the clubs expecting to win championships. I know a lad in our club had to step away from taking the seniors as it was affecting his job. No harm in getting a little money for it in my opinion, the managers these days have to put it massive work.

Lár na páirce 1

Looking at Cargin they made an academy about 20 years ago purely to put emphasis on youth as whether your an u6 new start or a Kieran close your treated equally, always compete at all grades and fair play to them, hard work from top ex senior players on every age group also, been at top at senior level now going on 40+ years, that's no accident, it takes everyone, Creggan been the same for a long time also, Men and Woman giving up their free time to forward the club on to another level, fact is it's not all about the senior team, that's were alot of other clubs fail.there is no quick fix.