Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunsilly King

Proud as punch is the best way to describe the feeling from Sunday. Was quietly confident of winning on Sunday, but, there was always a but. Just getting over the line, you could feel the relief from the entire community. Average game but winning was all that mattered. Fantastic celebrations, years of hurt, living the dream. The in laws have been generous with there congratulations, and have to say a number of Cargin friends as well. We weren't good enough before but his season the maturity, game management and hunger shone through. We have a super half back and counter attacking game. Can we do two in a row, at the minute I don't give a flying F**k.

bannside

Fair play to Creggan manager Gerard Mc Nulty for getting his just reward. In his two years he has drawn a final and won a final against their formidable rivals. A very worthy achievement, and especially as far as I am aware neither of the McNulty brothers ever put a price on their services. The hard work has been rewarded, and the feeling of pride must be immense. Enjoy the moment.

NAG1

Quote from: bannside on November 16, 2021, 02:47:49 PM
Fair play to Creggan manager Gerard Mc Nulty for getting his just reward. In his two years he has drawn a final and won a final against their formidable rivals. A very worthy achievement, and especially as far as I am aware neither of the McNulty brothers ever put a price on their services. The hard work has been rewarded, and the feeling of pride must be immense. Enjoy the moment.

Is there a lesson in here for other clubs? Or is it too far gone at this stage.

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2021, 12:49:55 PM
Ok, just checked the dates, 5th Dec. 20 days away. So another night won't harm them  ;) But I'm sure Gerard won't let this opportunity pass, maybe I'm biased and been lucky enough over the years to watch various (not our latest teams achievements) but the older brigade of the club have great days out in the Ulster club championships.

Any word on Creggan's long standing injuries? Would these lads have a chance?

I believe one just went under the knife this week and the other one had an op recently, so can't see a return

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kickham csc on November 16, 2021, 03:25:28 PM
Ok, just checked the dates, 5th Dec. 20 days away. So another night won't harm them  ;) But I'm sure Gerard won't let this opportunity pass, maybe I'm biased and been lucky enough over the years to watch various (not our latest teams achievements) but the older brigade of the club have great days out in the Ulster club championships.

I believe one just went under the knife this week and the other one had an op recently, so can't see a return

Well within Antrim this year they haven't missed them, but obviously you'd still want them in your panel to bring from the bench.

Was wondering why the goal scorer has been used as a sub this year also, Sam
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2021, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: Kickham csc on November 16, 2021, 03:25:28 PM

Well within Antrim this year they haven't missed them, but obviously you'd still want them in your panel to bring from the bench.

Was wondering why the goal scorer has been used as a sub this year also, Sam

Sam has a few miles on the clock, (especially considering hurling aswell) might be making way for younger legs

stiffler

Were Creggan instructed to wear away jerseys on Sunday?

Heard chat that they were warned after the Cargin game (were they also wore green) that if they didn't wear away jerseys in final they wouldn't be allowed to compete in ulster. Sounds ridiculous if true.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: stiffler on November 16, 2021, 06:11:59 PM

Heard chat that they were warned after the Cargin game (were they also wore green) that if they didn't wear away jerseys in final they wouldn't be allowed to compete in ulster. Sounds ridiculous if true.
Aghagallon will be "seeking clarification" on that then  ;D

paddyjohn

Shocking if true but I can't see it.

JimStynes

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 16, 2021, 06:33:57 PM

😂😂 beat me to it!

EOC1923

Didn't make any difference to any results but yes they were instructed to wear away jerseys v Cargin, they lost a toss but just turned up in their home jerseys anyway. Not sure about the final Aghagallon wore their away jerseys so maybe  they lost the toss. The rules are in a jersey clash both teams to wear away jerseys in Antrim championship.
I think Creggan will fancy that Ulster game they have the big men around the middle to count against these physical teams.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: JimStynes on November 16, 2021, 07:16:43 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 16, 2021, 06:33:57 PM

Talk of a replay. Not something I would want to see personally. Will take a few days for the club to come to a final decision though Im sure. At minute they are only seeking clarification

😂😂 beat me to it!

Belfast GAA man

so why do the McNultys not take their own club when St Endas are shelling out loads a money over the last couple of years on football managers and they arent getting paid by Creegan

country bumpkin

Hear Joe Cassidy is PG1 bound...Bannside..??

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 17, 2021, 12:39:33 PM
so why do the McNultys not take their own club when St Endas are shelling out loads a money over the last couple of years on football managers and they arent getting paid by Creegan

Did they not take the job a few years ago?