Ros v Galway Connacht Final 2019

Started by Rossfan, May 28, 2019, 09:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Not sure home advantage is much of an advantage in Connacht. I doubt Mayo feel many home comforts in MacHale Park these days. Galway the same in Salthill. Without checking I'd venture our away record has been just as good the past few years. Maybe better. And probably the similiar for Roscommon in the Hyde even though it was closed for a while there.

Manning18

Galway went off 2/5 and a 3 point handicap in Hyde park last year and it played out that way. Switch the venues (albiet doesn't affect it massively), Galway add Silke and lose Comer, Ros much diff, maybe on a par or slightly stronger, about even on results so far this year (Ros relegated but nabbed one vs Mayo). Not sure how anyone could argue it should be bigger than the best available 8/15 there at the moment anyway. I'd rather be a backer than layer at that. Will go off 1/2 and -2.5

seafoid

Ros have a better record against Galway than against Mayo , which is strange . I would have thought the records would be similar.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on May 30, 2019, 03:54:14 PM
Ros have a better record against Galway than against Mayo , which is strange . I would have thought the records would be similar.
Ros have a great record in Tuam for some reason

Manning18

Id love to know for what reason or nonsense meant Comer didn't have surgery for a full 3 weeks after being diagnosed with the fracture. They knew at that stage it'd be touch and go for championship as it was. Would a situation ever occur like that in Dublin or Kerry, teams theyre supposed to be competing against

galwayman

Roscommon have beaten us twice since 1990 across all league and championship meetings.
How is that a better record than against Mayo?

weareros

In modern times, they are fairly similar. Until 2017, Ros had not beaten Galway in championship football since 2001, same year, they last beat Mayo. And before 2001, had not beaten Galway since 1990, and Mayo since 1991. It was a pretty dismal record.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on May 30, 2019, 04:46:39 PM
Roscommon have beaten us twice since 1990 across all league and championship meetings.

The bould Willie Hegarty said something similar on Second Captains this week. Basically that Roscommon are usually competitive against Galway but shit the bed so to speak against Mayo. Not sure that stands up to close scrutiny though.

weareros

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 30, 2019, 05:11:27 PM

The bould Willie Hegarty said something similar on Second Captains this week. Basically that Roscommon are usually competitive against Galway but shit the bed so to speak against Mayo. Not sure that stands up to close scrutiny though.

It doesn't but was probably coloured by fact that Ros drew and in the replay were beaten only after extra time by the All-Ireland winning team of 98 and beat the winning team of 2001 in Connacht.

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 30, 2019, 05:11:27 PM

Ros have been below historic performance levels recently

According to this buck the Connacht Final head to head record is 10-8
in favour of Galway
https://m.facebook.com/galwayfootballers/posts/1930256467007971
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

Comer will be playing on June 16.
It's a nice ploy to take some focus off Galway as favourites.

galwayman

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 31, 2019, 10:52:40 AM
Not a chance

Cunny Funt

Have a feeling he will be introduced off the bench. Even without him Galway are firm favourites, they have got the required results all year with a few injuries (comfortably stayed up in Div 1) but it helps when you arguably have the strongest panel in Connacht to choose from.   

cornetto

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 31, 2019, 01:34:41 PM

Have a feeling he will be introduced off the bench. Even without him Galway are firm favourites, they have got the required results all year with a few injuries (comfortably stayed up in Div 1) but it helps when you arguably have the strongest panel in Connacht to choose from.

Would agree he will more than likely be on the bench
Martin farragher 99.9% to start,all depends how good or bad things are going,would provide a huge lift to the crowd and the team,just to come on for ten minutes.8