Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on February 19, 2019, 10:59:47 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Phelan and McKenna have an awful lot to do with this run? Phelan may just be the Brian Kidd of this era at Utd. And McKenna poached from Spurs, he was considered to be that good.
Another interesting point made on the radio is the job that OGS' main threat has done at Spurs since Utd beat them. 4 straight PL wins and stuffing the runaway leaders of the Bundesliga, without Kane and Ali. Time will tell I suppose.

McKenna was there under Mourinho. He deserves credit for that run too presumably  :D

NAG1

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 20, 2019, 11:11:15 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Phelan and McKenna have an awful lot to do with this run? Phelan may just be the Brian Kidd of this era at Utd. And McKenna poached from Spurs, he was considered to be that good.
Another interesting point made on the radio is the job that OGS' main threat has done at Spurs since Utd beat them. 4 straight PL wins and stuffing the runaway leaders of the Bundesliga, without Kane and Ali. Time will tell I suppose.

McKenna was there under Mourinho. He deserves credit for that run too presumably  :D

The result against Dortmund for Spurs strangley could strengthen OGS bid for the job full time, as it could convince Poch that he is on the right path with Spurs and will stick it out for another period.

To be fair they have been so unspurs like over the last while, they have dug in and played with a real desire. Chelsea look to be the vulnerable one at the top end.

Think it is time to move on from the JM era, he divived the club throughout his spell. OGS has literally just got the team playing in line with the club traditions and has brought the players together again. That with a touch of tactical nouse and he has coped well thus far.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 20, 2019, 11:11:15 AM

Regardless of the way the Mourinho era finished, if a coach of his stature replaces Rui Faria with McKenna, McKenna must be doing something right.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Boycey

No Martial or Matic with the squad last night but both have newborn babies at home so may have got permission to arrive late or this morning.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on February 24, 2019, 10:23:43 AM
No Martial or Matic with the squad last night but both have newborn babies at home so may have got permission to arrive late or this morning.

Will decrease United's chances if both aren't playing. As it is all logic points to a Liverpool win. I regard Liverpool around the same level as PSG and they won without two of their best players in Old Trafford. They say you learn more in defeat and if Ole has then United might get a result this afternoon.

I'll sit on the fence and predict a score draw.

Boycey

That's why we love sport logic doesn't always come in to it..

You could make a case for both teams today if you tried hard enough. It could take a moment of magic or a mistake to settle it.

AZOffaly

I'd be delighted if Liverpool get a draw today.

Boycey

None of Lingard, Martial or Matic make it then...

Man Utd XI: De Gea, Young, Shaw, Lindelof, Smalling, McTominay, Pogba, Herrera, Mata, Rashford, Lukaku #MUFC

GJL

Quote from: Boycey on February 24, 2019, 01:08:35 PM

Man Utd XI: De Gea, Young, Shaw, Lindelof, Smalling, McTominay, Pogba, Herrera, Mata, Rashford, Lukaku #MUFC

Worrying. Not sure about McTominay but I guess injuries have forced his selection.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Boycey on February 24, 2019, 01:08:35 PM

Those 3  a huge  loss.  Rashford  may have to beat them on his Own again l!

Milltown Row2

That's a bad line up... 4 3 3 line up, looks like a  draw now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

J70

WTF did they use Lingard for?? :o

Hound

Quote from: J70 on February 24, 2019, 02:48:51 PM
WTF did they use Lingard for?? :o
That was bizarre. From the moment he came on, Neville said he wasn't running freely.

Although Liverpool were playing better before there were any injuries. Every injury that's happened, Liverpool have played progressively worse!

Boycey

Crazy 45 mins, I don't think I've ever seen that before. Liverpool really should go for the jugular now but adversity sometimes galvanizes teams..