Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 27, 2012, 09:04:04 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on June 27, 2012, 08:56:03 PM
mmm not sure bout that myles
I am. Minor last yr.

He not o'connor?

Anyways it was good to win that tonight will give a bit of a lift going into Sunday.

Best for Cavan tonight according to the Kildare radio reporter were.

Declan McK 2 long range points and good fielding
M Dunne - 4 or 5 points mainly form frees .
Martin Reilly - some lovely 45's
Paul o'connell o'connor kicked 2 points after coming on at half time.

Seemed like a very good team performance.

Hopefully some of the lads were at it and we can get a good report.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tierworker blue

mylestheslasher

Cavan made it third time lucky as they captured their first provincial football title at this level with a comfortable victory at St Conleth's Park last night. The Breffni men had been defeated in the previous two deciders, but Conor McClarey's first-half goal helped them gain revenge for last year's loss at the hands of the Lilywhites. The hosts enjoyed the better of the early exchanges, racing into a three-point lead by the 10th minute, but Cavan eventually found their shooting boots and reeled off 1-4 without reply to take control. McClarey's goal came midway through that scoring burst, the corner-forward taking a Martin Dunne pass and coolly slotting the ball under William Clinch. The defending champions hit back and closed the gap to two points at the interval (1-5 to 0-6) with points from Cathal McNally and Seamus Hanafin. However, four unanswered points midway through the second half from Declan McKiernan, Paul O'Connor (two) and Dunne swung the match firmly in favour of the Ulster side. Darren Barker saw red for Kildare in the closing stages as a brace of points from Dunne sealed a historic victory for Cavan. Scorers -- Cavan: M Dunne 0-5 (3f), D McKiernan 0-3 (2f), C McClarey 1-0, P O'Connor, M Reilly (2 '45s') 0-2 each, B Watters 0-1. Kildare: S Hanafin (2f), C McNally 0-3 each, C Bolton, R Walsh, J Kehoe 0-1 each. CAVAN -- J Farrelly; D Barker, R Dunne, F Slowey; E O'Connell, J Hayes, K Brady; S Gaffney, D McKiernan; C Conroy, M Reilly, K Fannin; C McClarey, B McKiernan, M Dunne. Subs: P O'Connor for McKiernan (11), B O'Leary for McClarey (57), O O'Connell for Dunne (60), J Morris for Tighe (60). Kildare -- W Clinch; R Walsh, E Fitzpatrick, D Barker; C O'Shea, W Burke, C Fagan; B Lawlor, C Feeney; J Lambe, S Hanafin, D Flynn; Emmet O'Keefe, Cian Bolton, Cathal McNally. Subs: J Kehoe for Lambe (h-t), G Waters for O'Shea (46), T McCann for Bolton (48), A Dunne for O'Keeffe (51). - Cavan 1-13 Kildare 0-9

scoopmine

Great result alot of young players as well. Seems James Farrelly is really coming along in goals. Martin Dunne in good form. Josh Hayles seems a real leader and is physically ready for senior inter county. Great to see Barry Watters back in blue and in good form. How are we fixed for Sunday!

scoopmine

Who was over the Juniors? Hyland again?

PhilsJemmysField

sammymaguire

How do you reckon Sunday will go? 50/50 game even though it's in Enniskillen
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Westside

C'mon to fook Terry and name the team so we have something to discuss.

Onlooker

Reports suggest that Seanie Johnston will play his first match in the Kildare Senior Hurling Championship today.   What a bonus for Kildare, that not only are getting a footballer, but a hurler as well.  He will be busy with the two codes. :) :) :)

mylestheslasher

I think we can and will win tomorrow. The 6 week break would have been a help for Terry to get things set up the way he wants. We should nor fear this game and be confident that we have more skillful footallers than fermanagh. If we match them for effort and desire we will win.

Onlooker - wrong thread I think.

mylestheslasher

Haven't heard one commentator tip cavan even though fermanagh are only marginal favourites. Any word on a team?

Westside

JReilly. KClarke. PO'Reilly. DTighe. MMcKeever. DReilly .FFlanagan. DGivney. TCorr. NSmith GMcKiernan. RFlanagan. NMcDermott. EKeating. JBrady

Surprised to see Tighe in there. Probably time to move Gearoid away from Midfield and I'd imagine Givney will now get forward more with Corr holding the centre. All in all not a bad side. Bud can probably feel hard done by but McDermott is needed for free taking from that side. Won't get down so I'll be relying on reports from the rest of you here!

Westside

James Farrelly, Martin Dunne, Keith Fannin, Kevin Meehan, Joshua Hayes, Ray Cullivan, Declan McKiernan, Damien Barkey, Kevin Tierney, Jason McLoughlin, Rory Dunne.

That's the panel. Bud and Maloney Derham not included at all. Injured presumably? Good to see Rory Dunne back on the panel. Should be a good option for us at full back next year. Fannin and Cullivan are available if we needed some experience to see out a lead, hopefully we can do it. Although I'd be wary of the expectation that people seem to have. Best of luck to them!