The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Bowling out the nightwatchman might well be in England's favour.

edit:   or might not.

Main Street

They don't stop at 50 overs!! how long does this go on for?  fck me this test cricket favours the Catenaccio tactical approach.

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on July 25, 2019, 03:46:52 PM
They don't stop at 50 overs!! how long does this go on for?  fck me this test cricket favours the Catenaccio tactical approach.

They'll keep going as long as they can until they're happy they've got a total that Ireland can't catch!

screenexile

If Ireland can get Root out this turns massively in their favour!

Boycey

Still well in this, wouldn't like to be chasing much more than 150ish though

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on July 25, 2019, 04:05:17 PM
Still well in this, wouldn't like to be chasing much more than 150ish though

Yes, exactly. A crucial couple of hours now.

magpie seanie

Absolutely. Batsmen should defend their wicket above all else in Test cricket. A lost art with a couple of notable exceptions. Morgan not that type of player.

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 25, 2019, 04:09:23 PM

Absolutely. Batsmen should defend their wicket above all else in Test cricket. A lost art with a couple of notable exceptions. Morgan not that type of player.
I'd prefer a bit of competitive balance to the absence of risk where caution is king, no wonder they say that test cricket is dying. The 50 over game suits my tastes better.

Boycey

Quote from: Main Street on July 25, 2019, 04:24:33 PM

I'd prefer a bit of competitive balance to the absence of risk where caution is king, no wonder they say that test cricket is dying. The 50 over game suits my tastes better.

If you ever get into test cricket you will learn that it has possibly the greatest balance between risk and caution in any game. 

screenexile

Ireland were 4/1 about an hour ago just as I was about to put a sneaky 20 on and got called away from my desk ... now 17/10!!

Main Street

Quote from: Boycey on July 25, 2019, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 25, 2019, 04:24:33 PM

If you ever get into test cricket you will learn that it has possibly the greatest balance between risk and caution in any game.
That might happen, then again it might not happen, the squid fizzles out.
The pundit is now preaching more caution to the batsman @248/7,  he want this to carry on until dark.
edit, the batsman has just been caught out,  overcaution killed him  ;D

Aaron Boone

Adair is bowling like a mad dog this afternoon. 

Orior

England lead is 181 with one wicket left.

I suspect Ireland will struggle to get to 150.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

omaghjoe

This innings was all over the place
If they get an early wicket tomorrow(which they should) the target is achievable but it will be tough.

This can only be a draw if it goes onto the final day right?

Boycey

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 25, 2019, 09:46:50 PM
This innings was all over the place
If they get an early wicket tomorrow(which they should) the target is achievable but it will be tough.

This can only be a draw if it goes onto the final day right?

Barring an incredible last wicket stand by England or intervention from the weather there definitely won't be a draw with 2 days play left, there may be a tie however  :) but that's only happened twice ever.