Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandstorm

After tonight's performance  CPN will be stone wall favourites. Deserved to win, as for resources I'd wouldn't think Mulholland and Poland are doing it for pennies. But at least you don't have to take about Burren anymore but can talk about the resources spent in Kilcoo!!

I would imagine Kilcoo would consider it money well spent given the success they have had over the last decade or so.

MajorShields26

Quote from: roger99 on September 27, 2022, 12:45:39 PM
Quote from: elk on September 27, 2022, 12:12:44 PM
Quote from: Leftmidfield on September 26, 2022, 10:33:43 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on September 26, 2022, 09:58:15 PM
Well wasn't that just lovely to experience. Given absolutely no chance by anyone outside the group of players and we turned over the noisy ones again. Second time in a few seasons we have beaten them in championship. Burren supporters around me calling for management to go. Serious amount of money spent there and a paltry league to show for it.
We move on to the semi finals now. Loughinisland have beaten us already and will be delighted with the draw - massive underdogs again but as we all seen tonight the tag suits us.
Bridge v CPN final I'm predicting.
Yes that was just great to see.
A bank-rolled team of so called superstars beaten by a depleted CPN team
Yes CPN were missing 4 big players in r mc Garry r Mallon r Magee and c mc cartan who aren't available for whatever reasons this year but full credit to everyone one of their players that graced the field they done their bit and deserved their victory. Can't see loughinisland beating them again CPN were poor that night in Kilcoo and will have learnt a lot from that night

Clear issue with Burren management , they need to get their best players on the pitch like the McAvoy cubs. They should look for Mickey Moran next year or maybe Jim Gavin.

Although I agree about the McAvoys, championship football in down is fast and fierce, unlike the type of football being played in Toronto. Hope he enjoyed his summer. Don't think Jim Gavin or Micky Moran would consider Burren. Could get other big names in, Davy Fitz be great for them as a performance coach, maybe alongside a good football manager with lots of experience such as Brian McIver.

Truth hurts

I'd say Pete McGrath could be interested in the job and is about the club having worked with the seconds and thirds this year. Who was over Burren minor team this season?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Sandstorm on September 27, 2022, 02:20:28 PM
After tonight's performance  CPN will be stone wall favourites. Deserved to win, as for resources I'd wouldn't think Mulholland and Poland are doing it for pennies. But at least you don't have to take about Burren anymore but can talk about the resources spent in Kilcoo!!

I would imagine Kilcoo would consider it money well spent given the success they have had over the last decade or so.

Kilcoo v Warrenpoint final would be a tasty encounter but Kilcoo won't be as bad again. Clonduff missed the boat and it's not coming back to dock in Down this year .

roger99

Quote from: MajorShields26 on September 27, 2022, 02:46:12 PM
Quote from: roger99 on September 27, 2022, 12:45:39 PM
Quote from: elk on September 27, 2022, 12:12:44 PM
Quote from: Leftmidfield on September 26, 2022, 10:33:43 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on September 26, 2022, 09:58:15 PM
Well wasn't that just lovely to experience. Given absolutely no chance by anyone outside the group of players and we turned over the noisy ones again. Second time in a few seasons we have beaten them in championship. Burren supporters around me calling for management to go. Serious amount of money spent there and a paltry league to show for it.
We move on to the semi finals now. Loughinisland have beaten us already and will be delighted with the draw - massive underdogs again but as we all seen tonight the tag suits us.
Bridge v CPN final I'm predicting.
Yes that was just great to see.
A bank-rolled team of so called superstars beaten by a depleted CPN team
Yes CPN were missing 4 big players in r mc Garry r Mallon r Magee and c mc cartan who aren't available for whatever reasons this year but full credit to everyone one of their players that graced the field they done their bit and deserved their victory. Can't see loughinisland beating them again CPN were poor that night in Kilcoo and will have learnt a lot from that night

Clear issue with Burren management , they need to get their best players on the pitch like the McAvoy cubs. They should look for Mickey Moran next year or maybe Jim Gavin.

Although I agree about the McAvoys, championship football in down is fast and fierce, unlike the type of football being played in Toronto. Hope he enjoyed his summer. Don't think Jim Gavin or Micky Moran would consider Burren. Could get other big names in, Davy Fitz be great for them as a performance coach, maybe alongside a good football manager with lots of experience such as Brian McIver.

That's an interesting proposition. It's one that may ruffle a few feathers but I think it's so ludicrous it might just work . Just not sure how the logistics would work out. But if both parties were interested they could make it work . Perhaps management and team meeting half way for trainings , or alternating training between Burren and Co.Clare . Who would you see as the back room team ? Perhaps Donnacha  O'Callaghan from Irelands fittest family could come in as S&C coach

terrifictommy

I'd be completely stunned if Mickey Moran re-entered management at any level. Different going to the big games for a bit of extra guile or ideas but not full time. Jim Gavin may be tempted though. Pete, not so sure about that either, didn't go well with his own club although passionate about football.

All semis in Pairc Esler? Dates and times set?

terrifictommy

The real Burren is in co Clare, closest Davy Fitz will get 😂

Truth hurts

Quote from: terrifictommy on September 27, 2022, 03:20:28 PM
I'd be completely stunned if Mickey Moran re-entered management at any level. Different going to the big games for a bit of extra guile or ideas but not full time. Jim Gavin may be tempted though. Pete, not so sure about that either, didn't go well with his own club although passionate about football.

All in the marshes

Mickey might be enticed if the package was good. It would be some coup but Gavin would probably be a better option.

Truth hurts

What are people's views on Junior which has turned interesting?  The Ardglass victory over John Clarkes Dundrum was a massive shock, especially after the crap season Ardglass has had.  It's an area that always had talent but the commitment was the problem. Dundrum and Ballykinlar really need to amalgamate to reignite Gaelic games in the Tyrella area, Dundrum is an aging team and needs new blood.  Dromara is massive favorites but I could see a shock by East Belfast. There is a chance East Belfast founder and manager Dave McGreevey could be up against his old club Tecconnaught in the final.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 27, 2022, 03:37:49 PM
Quote from: terrifictommy on September 27, 2022, 03:20:28 PM

All in the marshes

Mickey might be enticed if the package was good. It would be some coup but Gavin would probably be a better option.
Mickey Moran or Jim Gavin won't be near Burren any time soon.Dreaming.

Johnnysboys

Hearing from a very reliable source that wee James will be manager of Burren next season.

The fall out from last night is very real!!

KeyboardWman

Clear out in Burren underway. Young lads telling elder statesmen where to go

charlieTully

Quote from: KeyboardWman on September 27, 2022, 05:33:04 PM
Clear out in Burren underway. Young lads telling elder statesmen where to go

Maybe if they had bought an elder stateman on a bit sooner they be in the semis.

ciaron08

Lets be honest we all know there is a few young Burren lads that have a chip on their shoulder but to question the senior pros that have been there and done it is an absolute joke, well they were fairly brought down a peg or two last night.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: ciaron08 on September 27, 2022, 06:59:45 PM
Lets be honest we all know there is a few young Burren lads that have a chip on their shoulder but to question the senior pros that have been there and done it is an absolute joke, well they were fairly brought down a peg or two last night.

Senior pros that have done what?
i usse an speelchekor