Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: charlieTully on August 15, 2022, 08:17:29 PM
Quote from: wobbller on August 15, 2022, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on August 15, 2022, 02:33:47 PM
Can anyone tell me is next season or the following season that the big teams are allowed to enter reserve teams into the all-county leagues??
Je-us,you ask some stupid questions.

Its a common enough practice in other counties.
I know it is but this has never been discussed at County Board level in Down.TH is just an irritant.

Oglach

Quote from: Square Ball on August 12, 2022, 10:02:56 PM
So, we are in Division 1 next season, made it hard for ourselves after our start, but got there in the end. First time in 40 odd years. Many of us have been following the seniors in Divs, 4,3,2 and now Div1, been  from St Paul's to St Michel's and everywhere in-between watching , really looking forward to going to Clonduff, Kilcoo, Mayobridge and the rest to watch us in a senior football game. Bredagh Abu
Congratulations, great to see.

Truth hurts

Quote from: wobbller on August 15, 2022, 09:54:48 PM
Can anyone tell me is next season or the following season that the big teams are allowed to enter reserve teams into the all-county leagues??

I know it is but this has never been discussed at County Board level in Down.TH is just an irritant.

This has been discussed on numerous occassions and Burren are mad to enter a reserve team in ACL

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 16, 2022, 08:43:20 AM

This has been discussed on numerous occassions and Burren are mad to enter a reserve team in ACL

And it's been rejected many times by Div 4 teams.. Stop hashing out this same topic every 6 months it's boring

wobbller

It has never been formally proposed at Convention.Put yourself up for election and make all the things you continually suggest happen.

Truth hurts

Quote from: wobbller on August 16, 2022, 09:38:31 AM

You are a very angry person, chill man

It has never been formally proposed at Convention.Put yourself up for election and make all the things you continually suggest happen.

Truth hurts

All roads lead to Darragh tonight for what should be a cracker, one of these strong clubs will be playing division 3 football next season.

Square Ball

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 16, 2022, 10:45:43 AM
All roads lead to Darragh tonight for what should be a cracker, one of these strong clubs will be playing division 3 football next season.
Nah, Longstone is the place to be for a winner takes all game for top spot.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TakeTheMark

Interesting end to the season. Going into the last game, 4 teams all tied on 15 points with two going down

Truth hurts

Quote from: Square Ball on August 16, 2022, 10:51:57 AM

Both teams are up but I am sure it will be an interesting battle, Is Bredagh can sustain a place in division 1 then it will strengthen the county , St Pauls seems to be getting stronger too.

Any truth in the rumour that Banty or Corrigan are joining the backroom ticket?

stiff breeze

Can't see either team from division 2 surviving next year . The stone may have a chance because teams not enjoying playing there but I'd suggest that ballyholland and whoever the last team to come down is , are stronger than any of the current division 2 teams. 

Square Ball

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 16, 2022, 11:18:09 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on August 16, 2022, 10:51:57 AM

Both teams are up but I am sure it will be an interesting battle, Is Bredagh can sustain a place in division 1 then it will strengthen the county , St Pauls seems to be getting stronger too.

Any truth in the rumour that Banty or Corrigan are joining the backroom ticket?
don't think so, but was talking to a fella, who knows someone, who is related to someone who drinks in a bar in the Ormeau road who overheard a conversation between two blokes who were saying they heard Gavins name being mentioned.

Square Ball

Quote from: stiff breeze on August 16, 2022, 11:35:50 AM
Can't see either team from division 2 surviving next year . The stone may have a chance because teams not enjoying playing there but I'd suggest that ballyholland and whoever the last team to come down is , are stronger than any of the current division 2 teams.
based on what?

stiff breeze

Based on the fact I believe division 2 isn't that strong this year and no one has walked away with it . Also based on the fact there will be very few weak teams in division 1 next year . Happy to be proved wrong btw , just an opinion

Truth hurts

Match is streamed live tomorrow on Pairc TV, happy days.