Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk

Quote from: Leftmidfield on September 16, 2021, 10:26:24 PM
We have been beaten twice this year (so far). Once  by Ballyholland (Shane Mulholland's club) and once by The Stone ( Polie's club). I think both clubs had extra incentive and a f**k you attitude
[/quote
The point were just very poor tonight don't think anyone will be concerned about playing either team in the next rounds

Smurfy123

As poor as we have played all year but that's down to being completely out thought along the line before a balll was thrown in.
We looked clueless throughout and could have been more behind if the Stone had of scored those goal chances after half time
I think we took them for granted and it backfired
We must regroup and go again
Fair play to longstone full value and they got all the big calls right along the line

terrifictommy

Coverage was a bit patchy last night alright, but still great to see the game. Point looked out of ideas against a tough Longstone side, some of their defending was superb. You won't see many games when the winning team doesn't score in the 2nd half at all. Not sure where next for the Point.

sdg

We were very poor last nite, no leadership on and off the pitch, Longstone deserved to win . Next day out is massive 

upandwin

I called this yesterday but was really hoping I would be wrong. It's blatantly obvious that the strength and depth isn't there for us. Lots of fringe lads getting their chances last night and didn't step up. The only positive from last night is this will hopefully force the management's hand to play the best 15 no matter what. Two McCartans, two McAleenans, John Boyle all need to be playing for us to have any chance of a championship run but I've said it earlier in the year, the SFC will be between Burren, Kilcoo and Clonduff. We were lucky to get a Div1 league title this year and I firmly believe we will be lucky to get to the quarter finals this year.

Truth hurts

An enjoyable game in Ballymartin last night not because of football but because of the passion shown by the Stone. It looked as it was only a matter of turning up for the Point and I was surprised by the team's selection. The Stone over the years has thrived on being against the odds and Benny had them well organized last night. I still think there is a kick in the point team though.

upandwin

Well done to the Stone btw, didn't mention that in my last response. Credit where it's due, they were all bought in on the night and we can't begrudge them a very good win. Good luck to them on their championship journey. Hopefully our lads can regroup.

Truth hurts

Also, I came home and tried the Pairc tv coverage which was poor last night. But the connection in Ballymartin would not be the best so I would imagine Newry will be a lot better. What amazes me is the outrage on social media towards the official down gaa Twitter account. These people are volunteers and clowns think it is ok to tag them and give them abuse looking a few likes from their mates. £18 for 6 games is excellent value for the weekend. Also, the commentators are also volunteers and are new to it and are doing a good job. There is no need for abuse to any commentator.  Please do not encourage the tools on twitter who think they are funny.

charlieTully

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 17, 2021, 10:40:53 AM
Also, I came home and tried the Pairc tv coverage which was poor last night. But the connection in Ballymartin would not be the best so I would imagine Newry will be a lot better. What amazes me is the outrage on social media towards the official down gaa Twitter account. These people are volunteers and clowns think it is ok to tag them and give them abuse looking a few likes from their mates. £18 for 6 games is excellent value for the weekend. Also, the commentators are also volunteers and are new to it and are doing a good job. There is no need for abuse to any commentator.  Please do not encourage the tools on twitter who think they are funny.

It's hardly excellent value if the service is dung. If your gonna charge for something deliver it ffs.

Nanderson

I haven't seen any abuse sent to them. Just a few comments about dial up Internet

Lloyd p

Don't take it personally young Pete!  ;D

Brick Tamlin

Where do they even get these boys from.
If the service is gonna be crap then better not deliver it at all or else do it for free.

Cuan12

Championship Clean sweep for east down this year ( for a change), Warrenpoint typically bullish before longstone  game but failed to deliver again, ah well winning a reduced fixture league will have to suffice for the next 50 odd years- the joys the joys !!

Truth hurts

Quote from: Cuan12 on September 17, 2021, 01:52:03 PM
Championship Clean sweep for east down this year ( for a change), Warrenpoint typically bullish before longstone  game but failed to deliver again, ah well winning a reduced fixture league will have to suffice for the next 50 odd years- the joys the joys !!

Might be a clean sweep at senior level but South Down will win all in underage again.
Was chatting to a few people about the game today and they were all saying the same thing, the Point cannot handle pressure. I argued my case for them but maybe there is a mental block with some of their players. Darragh Cross needs to get a championship this year, it will be a great boost to GAA in Saintfield area which in time will become a good gaa area, mark my words!

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 17, 2021, 02:01:22 PM
Quote from: Cuan12 on September 17, 2021, 01:52:03 PM

Might be a clean sweep at senior level but South Down will win all in underage again.
Was chatting to a few people about the game today and they were all saying the same thing, the Point cannot handle pressure. I argued my case for them but maybe there is a mental block with some of their players. Darragh Cross needs to get a championship this year, it will be a great boost to GAA in Saintfield area which in time will become a good gaa area, mark my words!
Are drugs you take illegal or prescribed? Either way they are affecting you badly