Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on May 09, 2023, 10:59:25 PM
What is it about? As far as I can see it's turned into Pride on acid. LGBT fest with gothic / dark undertones in the performances. The weirder and more out there the better. Forget about the music or songs.

A pile of shite.

You weren't about during the 80's then?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: Main Street on May 09, 2023, 10:20:18 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 09, 2023, 10:13:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2023, 09:19:25 PM
Sweden was decent

I think the singer for Sweden won it before.  Another semi final exit for the Irish, 5th year in a row?
She certainly did the heavy lifting this evening.

The rest of the songs were absolute shite, but it's not about the songs.

It's not, Marketing and getting as much air play as possible in Europe before the voting. Are Ireland putting in the same effort as other countries in that regard?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 09, 2023, 11:03:39 PM
Sweden was decent

I think the singer for Sweden won it before.  Another semi final exit for the Irish, 5th year in a row?

It's not, Marketing and getting as much air play as possible in Europe before the voting. Are Ireland putting in the same effort as other countries in that regard?

Would it have mattered with that attempt?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

What is it about? As far as I can see it's turned into Pride on acid. LGBT fest with gothic / dark undertones in the performances. The weirder and more out there the better. Forget about the music or songs.

A pile of shite.

That's about  the height of it.  Women with  beards, and  Freaks and weirdos.  Reminds me of  Eurotrash back in the day

Up until  Dana international it wasn't   that bad. Yes it had  annoying songs and  neighbouring countries voting for each  other, and all that usual stuff , but  it was  more about the songs,  even if they weren't  that  great

Blowitupref

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2023, 11:12:46 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 09, 2023, 11:03:39 PM
Sweden was decent

Would it have mattered with that attempt?

I think so, not a great song but still better than some that qualified instead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 09, 2023, 11:16:28 PM

A pile of shite.

That's about  the height of it.  Women with  beards, and  Freaks and weirdos.  Reminds me of  Eurotrash back in the day

Up until  Dana international it wasn't   that bad. Yes it had  annoying songs and  neighbouring countries voting for each  other, and all that usual stuff , but  it was  more about the songs,  even if they weren't  that  great

But you both took time out to watch it and comment on it

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2023, 11:34:32 PM

A pile of shite.

I happened to  turn the tv on  and  seen men in y fronts  prancing about  the stage. That was  enough for me.

Eire90

i dont think i could be arsed with it this year.

Jell 0 Biafra

That sounds much better than usual.  Might watch it this year for a change.

BrotherMore6592

A pile of shite.

Nope, incorrect assumption I'm afraid.

Was able to make that summary from a 30 second highlight reel here and there over the past few years of glancing at it on tv . Impossible to avoid on the news etc

ONeill

A pile of shite.

What's your problem with women with beards?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on May 10, 2023, 11:27:22 PM

A pile of shite.

Nope, incorrect assumption I'm afraid.

Was able to make that summary from a 30 second highlight reel here and there over the past few years of glancing at it on tv . Impossible to avoid on the news etc

Aye, dead on ;D

Main Street

I only watched the last 10 mins of the first semi final, onward from where Norway went ballistic and where there was  a 10 second wrap of each of those performances  that made it to the final, mostly pure gunge.
In retrospect the Irish people were 15 years ahead of time in selecting Dustin to represent the nation at eurovision. The song doesn't matter now in 95%  of the performances, it's just a vehicle for other stuff.

Capt Pat

The eurovision voting which was always a strong point for me is going too fast. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Saffrongael

When did the Eurovision become trendy? I always thought it was a laughing stock
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come