Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Gone from last year are Bradley, McNulty and M O'Neill. You'd imagine McHugh and B Burns will go too.  Has anyone else left? That's 5 gone with around 9 called in.
I assume McCarron, McNabb, and  Loughran are all still injured and will be kept on?   

Out of the players called in I'd have thought Gallen, Rafferty, Coney, McCurry and Kennedy are certs to stay after their performances in the McKenna Cup. Grugan (who was quiet enough in the games that I saw) and Canavan will probably get kept on too. Murnaghan and Gray may miss out but injuries restricted appearances.

I'd have guessed before the McKenna Cup that McDonnell was a cert to go. But to be fair to him he did fairly well in the games that I saw.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 24, 2019, 10:50:45 AM
Gone from last year are Bradley, McNulty and M O'Neill. You'd imagine McHugh and B Burns will go too.  Has anyone else left? That's 5 gone with around 9 called in.
I assume McCarron, McNabb, and  Loughran are all still injured and will be kept on?   

Out of the players called in I'd have thought Gallen, Rafferty, Coney, McCurry and Kennedy are certs to stay after their performances in the McKenna Cup. Grugan (who was quiet enough in the games that I saw) and Canavan will probably get kept on too. Murnaghan and Gray may miss out but injuries restricted appearances.

I'd have guessed before the McKenna Cup that McDonnell was a cert to go. But to be fair to him he did fairly well in the games that I saw.
Mcdonnell and McCrory both should be dropped. It's well noted that they may only be on the panel given where they are from.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 24, 2019, 11:27:24 AM

Mcdonnell and McCrory both should be dropped. It's well noted that they may only be on the panel given where they are from.

Did you see McDonnell in the McKenna Cup? I thought he did fairly well at half back. I'm not sure if I'd have McRory on the panel but he's not as bad as some people on here make out.

deadman

I would be far from McCrory's biggest fan, and I've often put the loyalty thing with Harte down as to how he's still hanging around that panel, but despite my preconceptions I was actually surprised at how decent he got on in the McKenna Cup. For a supposed marking defender, he's always had an uncanny knack for popping up in a good position at the end of a move, although most of the time annoyingly so as you'd much rather have a more accomplished player on the ball in those situations.
Get the feeling Harte was just trotting him out for some obligatory game time as he doesn't intend to use him for National League or Championship all that much.
McDonnell didn't look out of place at wing half back but we're over-subscribed in that department to be honest, so he'd really have to impress in whatever scant opportunities he might get in the league to keep himself in the conversation.

youhavenofans

Ruairi Sludden and Ryan Gray are the first to go.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: youhavenofans on January 24, 2019, 01:23:42 PM
Ruairi Sludden and Ryan Gray are the first to go.

Where can you see this, is it confirmed??

omagh_gael

Thought Sludden was good in the Derry semi final.

Localexpert

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 24, 2019, 11:42:07 AM

Did you see McDonnell in the McKenna Cup? I thought he did fairly well at half back. I'm not sure if I'd have McRory on the panel but he's not as bad as some people on here make out.

You're right he isn't as bad as some posters think..... he's worse!

If he played for derrytresk or similar he wouldn't get a look in

Eastie

Kerry Line up:

1 Niall Morgan
2 Liam Rafferty
3 Ronan McNamee
4 Hugh Pat McGeary
5 Tiernan McCann
6 Rory Brennan
7 Michael McKernan
8 Brian Kennedy
9 Declan McClure
10 Matthew Donnelly
11 Peter Harte
12 Niall Sludden
13 Darren McCurry
14 David Mulgrew
15 Cathal McShane

16 Benny Gallen
17 Lee Brennan
18 Darragh Canavan
19 Kyle Coney
20 Conan Grugan
21 Connall McCann
22 Aidan McCrory
23 Ben McDonnell
24 Kieran McGeary
25 Ciaran McLaughlin
26 Conor Meyler

Heard Yesterday from a few boys in work that Grey and Sludden left Tyrone groupchat.

Under Lights

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Under Lights on January 25, 2019, 07:36:46 AM
Ronan O'Neill?

The bench looks to be named alphabetically (and not necessarily restricted to 26) so O'Neill could still be on it.

Happy enough with that team. I though Rafferty, McClure and Kennedy did enough in the McKenna Cup to earn themselves a go in the league. Mulgrew hasn't had much game time at county level over the last 12 months so will be interesting to see how he gets on. Coney will feel unlucky not to get a go. Could have started him ahead of McShane. But the thing with McShane is he gets through a lot of work and wins a lot of ball. Some people cant see past the 2 or 3 real poor decisions he makes in a game but he is an effective player. Would be better if he could improve his decision making though.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Localexpert on January 24, 2019, 06:35:36 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 24, 2019, 11:42:07 AM

You're right he isn't as bad as some posters think..... he's worse!

If he played for derrytresk or similar he wouldn't get a look in

McRory has did decent jobs man marking jobs on some decent (but not top) county forwards including for example Mark Poland and Grugan from Armagh. He has a terrific engine on him. I'd have no doubt if you dropped him down to division two or three he would keep most forwards quiet. His obvious problem is that he isn't overly comfortable on the ball and for me isn't aggressive enough in the tackle but he gets an overly hard time from some people.

I'm not his biggest fan either but some of the stuff said is way over the top. The fact people try to turn it into an anti Errigal things makes me question their motives for the criticism in the first place.

Under Lights

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 25, 2019, 08:08:15 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on January 25, 2019, 07:36:46 AM
Ronan O'Neill?

The bench looks to be named alphabetically (and not necessarily restricted to 26) so O'Neill could still be on it.

Happy enough with that team. I though Rafferty, McClure and Kennedy did enough in the McKenna Cup to earn themselves a go in the league. Mulgrew hasn't had much game time at county level over the last 12 months so will be interesting to see how he gets on. Coney will feel unlucky not to get a go. Could have started him ahead of McShane. But the thing with McShane is he gets through a lot of work and wins a lot of ball. Some people cant see past the 2 or 3 real poor decisions he makes in a game but he is an effective player. Would be better if he could improve his decision making though.

No its not. He picks the 26 and puts the subs of that in alphabetical order. Cassidy for example hasn't made the 26.
O'Neill hasn't made the 26.
Anyone not named there can't be used on Sunday.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

southtyronegael

Best chance for Tyrone to beat Kerry away for years. Very strong looking panel this year if we can get our forward play worked on. Tyrone are 11/10 with pp so get on.