Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone95

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 16, 2018, 05:33:05 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 16, 2018, 04:56:28 PM
Gormley is not done now never mind 7 years ago!
We aren't world beaters but know where we are.

Roddy you are kidding yourself. He's done. Legend and all that he was, he's clinging on and has been for far too long. He keeps this up he will tarnish the legacy that he had.
I'm presuming you weren't at the game yesterday then?

GaaFanatic123

Roddy you are kidding yourself. He's done. Legend and all that he was, he's clinging on and has been for far too long. He keeps this up he will tarnish the legacy that he had.

Conor Gormley was the second best player on the field in last years Championship Semi Final behind Sparky Kavanagh!
And going by reports in the Trillick game he was their best performer and against Omagh he seems to be taking the plaudits also.. Doesn't sound like a man finished at club football to me?

Anyone know whats going with Omagh at the minute, reports of a lot of players missing, that 2 games now you'd have expected them to win and they've just about rescued a draw!!

Dromore seem to be brushing teams aside at the minute, Ruairi Sludden the main instigator of scores, surely merits a run out for Tyrone!
Ricey also played for Dromore reserves at the wkend, Ive no doubt he'll feature in a few senior games this season!!

WT4E

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on April 17, 2018, 07:52:34 AM

Conor Gormley was the second best player on the field in last years Championship Semi Final behind Sparky Kavanagh!
And going by reports in the Trillick game he was their best performer and against Omagh he seems to be taking the plaudits also.. Doesn't sound like a man finished at club football to me?

Anyone know whats going with Omagh at the minute, reports of a lot of players missing, that 2 games now you'd have expected them to win and they've just about rescued a draw!!

Dromore seem to be brushing teams aside at the minute, Ruairi Sludden the main instigator of scores, surely merits a run out for Tyrone!
Ricey also played for Dromore reserves at the wkend, Ive no doubt he'll feature in a few senior games this season!!

Missing players are off searching for the half time draw prize! :)

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: WT4E on April 17, 2018, 11:37:13 AM

Missing players are off searching for the half time draw prize! :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Snapchap

Do his continuously imperious performances in the top tier of Tyrone club football not demonstrate that he is far from past it? You strike me as man who is judging him based solely on his age since you haven't seen his performances.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Snapchap on April 17, 2018, 03:32:41 PM

Do his continuously imperious performances in the top tier of Tyrone club football not demonstrate that he is far from past it? You strike me as man who is judging him based solely on his age since you haven't seen his performances.

Maybe 'Therealdonald' is acting the windup merchant like The Real Donald for the craic. Either way, his assertion that Conor Gormley is done is plainly ridiculous.

Keyboard Warrior

A fair few injuries and some players taking a long holiday, I believe, probably reason for Omagh having a few early season surprise results. Given they are the Co Champions they will hardly care and will be aiming to peak at the right time.

As for Dromore, I'm sure their early season form has something to do with their participation in the Ulster league. That and having really good players.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on April 17, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

A fair few injuries and some players taking a long holiday, I believe, probably reason for Omagh having a few early season surprise results. Given they are the Co Champions they will hardly care and will be aiming to peak at the right time.

As for Dromore, I'm sure their early season form has something to do with their participation in the Ulster league. That and having really good players.

Where Dromore not flying this time last year also?   No trophies handed out this time of year i may add.

Under Lights

Can people learn how to use the quote function, thanks.

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: The Golden Years on April 18, 2018, 12:04:57 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on April 17, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

Where Dromore not flying this time last year also?   No trophies handed out this time of year i may add.

Not strictly true, Dromore were close to winning their first silverware of the year in March but instead it went to Coleraine Eoghan Ruaidh, Stewartstown also came close but the trophy went to Cavan.

GetOverTheBar

Any idea of when Club Championship is meant to be drawn? Was my understanding this was supposed to be done weeks ago and hasn't been for whatever reason?

Degrassi Hi

I believe it is happening on the same night as Mickey is naming the Tyrone team v Monaghan

HealyHellRaiser

County Board do not have a sponsor for the Club Championship yet because Donnelly Bros pulled out after what happened with Mc Aleer and Rushe! FACT! That's why the draw hasn't been made yet!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on April 18, 2018, 02:13:47 PM
County Board do not have a sponsor for the Club Championship yet because Donnelly Bros pulled out after what happened with Mc Aleer and Rushe! FACT! That's why the draw hasn't been made yet!

That would make sense - cheers!

GlenMan

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on April 18, 2018, 02:13:47 PM

Donnelly Brothers three year contract for sponsorship expired at the end of last season so it may also be related to that surely?

The negative publicity after the Galbally incident may have deterred them from renewing or perhaps they just thought they weren't getting value for money? They're still the kit van sponsor so it's not as if they've pulled out completely.