Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

I cant understand why they would release these fixture number of weeks ago, just to pull them now.
Thats the frustrating thing for the club players.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

redhandefender

Why if this is true do they not make the call as early as possible. If people here know then it is clearly being discussed somewhere. Call an emergency meeting or whatever has to happen tonight and let people know tomorrow.

Very disrespectful!

Degrassi Hi

Over this past couple of years It's probably worth noting how Trillick get out of the blocks early to secure their senior status but never seem to make the league play-offs. It must be very frustrating for the players, management and supporters to see these early league title aspirations fade away when the starred games begin prior to the Ulster championship. I see Monaghan club teams get 5 points for a win with their full complement of players and less for starred rounds. 
What are the thoughts on the Tyrone leagues following the Monaghan approach of awarding more points for games that are not starred and less for the starred rounds?

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on April 12, 2018, 01:58:33 PM
Over this past couple of years It's probably worth noting that Trillick how get out of the blocks early to secure their senior status but never seem to make the league play-offs. It must be very frustrating for the players, management and supporters to see these early league title aspirations fade away when the starred games begin prior to the Ulster championship. I see Monaghan club teams get 5 points for a win with their full complement of players and less for starred rounds. 
What are the thoughts on the Tyrone leagues following the Monaghan approach of awarding more points for games that are not starred and less for the starred rounds?

A suggestion was put to the clubs last year of something similar. They wanted to change the leagues to 12 teams. You would play 11 games with the county players and 11 games without. The one's with county players would be worth double the points meaning the ratio of points with the county players would be the same as now, while at the same time giving regular games for club players during the summer months. It didn't get voted through though.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 12, 2018, 11:29:38 AM
I cant understand why they would release these fixture number of weeks ago, just to pull them now.

Honestly, as a club player I'm happy enough it's going to be pulled. I think 99% of players would be happy with the talk of one Saturday fixture.

And 99.9% would love all fixtures to be Saturday full stop.

Under Lights

I personally would really like to see sunday freed up, the reserve + senior fixture on the one day should be done away with as well as with other counties.

Even if they kept it the same but moved the games to 13.00 and 14.15 at least it would be better.

TabClear

Quote from: Under Lights on April 12, 2018, 02:42:46 PM
I personally would really like to see sunday freed up, the reserve + senior fixture on the one day should be done away with as well as with other counties.

Even if they kept it the same but moved the games to 13.00 and 14.15 at least it would be better.

I ve said it on here before that I think  Sat evening games would have a big impact on the availability and numbers of reserve players , in particular at the two ends of the age spectrum. Younger lad who want to go out on a Sat night for a few beers and older players with families who want to do something with the kids on a Sunday

Club boi

Quote from: TabClear on April 12, 2018, 03:25:08 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 12, 2018, 02:42:46 PM

I ve said it on here before that I think  Sat evening games would have a big impact on the availability and numbers of reserve players , in particular at the two ends of the age spectrum. Younger lad who want to go out on a Sat night for a few beers and older players with families who want to do something with the kids on a Sunday

100%

redhandefender

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2018, 02:07:32 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 12, 2018, 11:29:38 AM

Honestly, as a club player I'm happy enough it's going to be pulled. I think 99% of players would be happy with the talk of one Saturday fixture.

And 99.9% would love all fixtures to be Saturday full stop.

Im injured so doesn't effect me, but people with families etc still need to know what they are doing in advance

WT4E

Predictions for this week:

Moy v Trillick
Ardboe v Pomeroy
Carrickmore v Clonoe
Dromore v Derrylaughan
Galbally v Aghyaran - Draw
Killyclogher v Donaghmore
Omagh v Edendork
Coalisland v Errigal Ciaran

Augher v Eglish
Derrytresk v Tattyreagh
Aghaloo v Kildress
Dungannon v Stewatrstown
Moortown v Loughmacrory
Owen Roes v Gortin
Strabane v Cookstown
Urney v Greencastle

Errigal Ciaran v Eskra
Beragh v Drumquin
Brackaville v Kileeshil
Castlederg v Glenelly
Clann na Gael v Fintona
Clogher v Drumragh
Killyman v Dregish
Rock v Newtownstewart

Under Lights

Official word about the fixtures at the end of the month?

chieftain

Moy v Trillick
Ardboe v Pomeroy
Carrickmore v Clonoe
Dromore v Derrylaughan
Galbally v Aghyaran
Omagh v Edendork

Augher v Eglish
Derrytresk v Tattyreagh
Aghaloo v Kildress
Dungannon v Stewatrstown
Moortown v Loughmacrory
Owen Roes v Gortin
Strabane v Cookstown
Urney v Greencastle

Errigal Ciaran v Eskra
Beragh v Drumquin
Brackaville v Kileeshil
Castlederg v Glenelly
Clann na Gael v Fintona
Clogher v Drumragh
Killyman v Dregish
Rock v Newtownstewart

chieftain

Quote from: Under Lights on April 13, 2018, 02:21:04 PM
Official word about the fixtures at the end of the month?

Friday games pulled

HalfBack7

Moy v Trillick
Ardboe v Pomeroy
Carrickmore v Clonoe
Dromore v Derrylaughan
Galbally v Aghyaran
Omagh v Edendork

Augher v Eglish
Derrytresk v Tattyreagh