Good news for US "illegals"

Started by Star Spangler, May 18, 2007, 01:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaf stateside

hello all, i,ve a few words of wisdom for the likes of j70 and armaghniac. for you small minded hicks that never had the balls to leave your little goldfish bowls and let go of mammys apron strings just to see a bit of the world, you might understand a little bit of what we go through. we make a living out here, a very good living, we've familys. i've a beautiful 4 mth old daughter, whos grandfather would kill to see her, but he's not well enough to travel. we work hard and pay for what we have, not like  home living in a house owned by the bank!! we deserve this bill, we've done no harm, and if ye were not so small minded you'd be supporting the Irish people here, not letting us down!    >:(    >:(
Dont Do It

stew

Dear Mrs Redandblack, I have not now nor will I ever forget where I came from so you can put your mind at ease on that score, I am from Armagh and proud of it.

Now why is it every time you take a pop at me you bring politics into it, I know you like to feel that you and your wee hubby are uber chuckies and you are a die hard liberal, thats all great but here the thing, i have no time for illegal aliens walking about milking my own country dry so why would i think it is ok to do so here?

We chose to move to the States because of the fact that we had two daughters and we did not want them growing up in the north were they would have been treated a s second class citizens in their own country and thats why me moved, financially I knew we would take a hammering for about 5 years and we did but we went to give our kids a better shot at life, at no time did we ever ever forget our  roots.

I have a good job here and I  am blessed to have it and the wife is in the same boat, the funny thing is we did things the right way, we filled in all the proper paperwork and we got our visa's, we pay or taxes and contribute in many ways to the community in which we live and we cause no one any trouble. Thanks by the way for making me realize that I pay probably $50.000 in taxes what with groceries and petrol etc ???

Ask yourself why you got out of the six mrs redandblack, there is in all likelyhood a vast difference in our rationale just as there is in our politics, and by the way mrs redandblack, why is it every time you come after me you do so playing politics, and I have more to worry about than people's political motives, now away with you, there must be a football team that you can harass somewhere in Chitown, maybe you will even get yourself a bit of publicity out of it ;)

As for oakleaf, I have supported Irish people more than you will ever know and am happy to be in a position to do so but I dont condone illegal aliens in either Ireland or the US.

I had a sister who wouldnt come home for my wedding because she would not be able to get back in and I was disgusted by that decision so you  can spare me all that talk about the sick grandfather, if you were that bothered you would take the child and go and see him especially if he is unfit to come see her. You are doing that to yourselves so dont expect any pity out of me, and if I was illegal and in that situation you find yourself in I would make a visitation to him happen  but hey thats me.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: oakleaf stateside on May 20, 2007, 03:22:55 AM
hello all, i,ve a few words of wisdom for the likes of j70 and armaghniac. for you small minded hicks that never had the balls to leave your little goldfish bowls and let go of mammys apron strings just to see a bit of the world, you might understand a little bit of what we go through. we make a living out here, a very good living, we've familys. i've a beautiful 4 mth old daughter, whos grandfather would kill to see her, but he's not well enough to travel. we work hard and pay for what we have, not like  home living in a house owned by the bank!! we deserve this bill, we've done no harm, and if ye were not so small minded you'd be supporting the Irish people here, not letting us down!    >:(    >:(

I don't oppose the bill, as I don't see much other alternative, but I don't really care about your complaints about not being able to take your daughter home to see her grandfather. You made that choice in your life, so you have to live with the consequences. I'm sorry that your father is not well enough to travel, but again, the consequence that he cannot see his grand-daughter is only an issue because you chose to build a life in a situation where that might be a problem. I have no doubt that you work hard, but so what? What makes you more worthy than the person who did everything legally, and maybe didn't get the opportunity to try out life in America? Should you get your visa before him? And if you really want to go down the road of who is letting who down among the Irish in America, I'm hard-pushed to see how those who came out and did everything according to the law are letting down those who broke the law and snuck in or overstayed their visas.  I don't owe you anything just because you're Irish.

Pangurban

Having sought to alleviate the handicaps suffered by our illegals in America, will the Irish Government now accord the same priveliges to people classed as illegal immigrants in our own Country

stew

Quote from: Pangurban on May 20, 2007, 08:52:13 PM
Having sought to alleviate the handicaps suffered by our illegals in America, will the Irish Government now accord the same priveliges to people classed as illegal immigrants in our own Country

You would think they would have to but you never know .

armaghniac

Quotehello all, i,ve a few words of wisdom for the likes of j70 and armaghniac. for you small minded hicks that never had the balls to leave your little goldfish bowls and let go of mammys apron strings just to see a bit of the world

Who are you calling small minded Hick. I've visited a dozen countries in the last couple of years, including the US, how many have you been in? Let me guess, one..

Quotewe work hard and pay for what we have, not like  home living in a house owned by the bank!!

Me too. Why not work hard somewhere where your Dad can see his Granddaughter?

Quoteand if ye were not so small minded you'd be supporting the Irish people here, not letting us down! 

Why support law breakers just because they are Irish?

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Iceman

Dear Stew (ha how patronising can you get on a forum writing "Dear".)

Congratulations on getting into the states "legally" how long ago did you fill out that paperwork? Did you get in through a lotto? Or did you have to "know somebody"?

Legally getting in is not an easy thing to do.  Its not a 'try your luck scenario'.  What would you have done if your application had been turned down?  Put yourself in those shoes and see what your answer might be.

Your opinion on this is obviously tainted by the actions and choices of your family members.

I have spent a little time in America and I am one of the lucky ones - I am able to get a visa through my Fiancee out there, but I don't for a second have a chip on my shoulder about everyone else.  I am able to come home and see my family - I can't imagine not being able to do that and your lack of sympathy about this is a disgrace.  Would you give up your entire life in America (one that has taken you a long time to build up)  to come home and see a family member? 

The dollar goes a long way in America.  $20000 behind you has you in a comfortable position.  Change that into pounds or euros and what have you got, how far will it get you, how much will you be taxed on it, screwed into the ground by it?

Ireland as a whole is a joke.  The economy is crucifying everyone.  Yes town and country are driving around in big cras, living in a big house, two holidays a year and all the luxuries that the media tells us we need to have - but the bank owns it all!!!!

What the hell is wrong with wanting a better life for yourself, for your family, your children? What is wrong for trying to escape Ireland anyway you can and now seeking recognition for your contributions and life in America?

Shame on you all for not supporting your fellow Irish men and women in America.

The Iceman
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

DrinkingHarp

My Ma was born in Armagh and came over here (U.S.) when she was only 18. She had to have 3 teeth removed and wait another 5 years before all the LEGAL paperwork went through before she was allowed citizenship. I was a citizen 7 months before she was granted citizenship. My mother went through the whole dog and pony show to become a U.S. citizen. So why should someone else who decides I'LL stay here for a few years get citizenship because they did not to go through the proper channels, deserve U.S. citizenship?

I served 3 year in the US Army to defend the US constitution and freedoms of all American Citizens both near and wide and I'LL be damned if that helps ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS - Irish, Mexican, Polish or wherever they come from to take advantage of pressure from the ACLU, immigrant right lawyers or kind hearted citizens. The right to become a US citizen from an immigrant has to be earned  the Legal way.

This might blow Stew (republican) away but I am a Democrat who feels Immigration is a privelage and not a concession. I now hold a dual citizenship for the US and Ireland, but again I went through the proper channels to attain this honor. I can not fathom how Irish citizens would just sit back and allow 20 million plus Illegal Aliens to become Irish citizens per year just because they were living there and wanted to stay there.

I guess my point is citizenship has its privilage but ONLY when attained properly.

Besides, half of my friends who were born here in the US would love to move to Ireland to take advatage of the Celtic Tiger but learned how hard it would be to become legal immigrants in Ireland have passed on the thought because of all the rules the Irish government imposses on immigrants.

Remeber the grass always looks greener on the other side.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Donagh

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on May 21, 2007, 09:48:58 AM
I served 3 year in the US Army to defend the US constitution and freedoms of all American Citizens both near and wide

Was the US invaded – who won?

cavan4ever

Quote from: oakleaf stateside on May 20, 2007, 03:22:55 AM

Well i have words of wisdom for u yankee wannabe.. So what if some of are homes are owned by the bank, we work hard aswell it's not as if the bank doesn't want the money back .  We also have familys so were hardly going to jump on the next plane to another country where we'd b living iillegal and watching our backs the whole time. If you want us irish at home to support you don't try and make little of us hard working people at home.

Star Spangler

Quoteif ye were not so small minded you'd be supporting the Irish people here, not letting us down!

And what support are you giving Ireland by paying your taxes in a foreign country?

The Iceman

My Ma was born in Armagh and came over here (U.S.) when she was only 18. She had to have 3 teeth removed and wait another 5 years before all the LEGAL paperwork went through before she was allowed citizenship. I was a citizen 7 months before she was granted citizenship. My mother went through the whole dog and pony show to become a U.S. citizen. So why should someone else who decides I'LL stay here for a few years get citizenship because they did not to go through the proper channels, deserve U.S. citizenship?

I served 3 year in the US Army to defend the US constitution and freedoms of all American Citizens both near and wide and I'LL be damned if that helps ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS - Irish, Mexican, Polish or wherever they come from to take advantage of pressure from the ACLU, immigrant right lawyers or kind hearted citizens. The right to become a US citizen from an immigrant has to be earned  the Legal way.

This might blow Stew (republican) away but I am a Democrat who feels Immigration is a privelage and not a concession. I now hold a dual citizenship for the US and Ireland, but again I went through the proper channels to attain this honor. I can not fathom how Irish citizens would just sit back and allow 20 million plus Illegal Aliens to become Irish citizens per year just because they were living there and wanted to stay there.

I guess my point is citizenship has its privilage but ONLY when attained properly.

Besides, half of my friends who were born here in the US would love to move to Ireland to take advatage of the Celtic Tiger but learned how hard it would be to become legal immigrants in Ireland have passed on the thought because of all the rules the Irish government imposses on immigrants.

Remeber the grass always looks greener on the other side.

The Celtic Tiger????? Wise the bap big son.  There is no Celtic Tiger.  The banks own everything!
Tell your friends to sell their 4 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom, basement, swimming pool and house with a garage for $400,000. Give up their life in America and come to Ireland.
Tell them to get it changed into Euros and see what kind of house they can get for their money.

The grass is greener on the other side.  Try living in Ireland and struggling to make ends meet and then tell us all its such a great place to live.  Ireland is the best place in the world - but the economy is a load of shite and driving us all into too much dept.

Things have changed a lot since your "ma" as you call her got legally into America. 

I know your type lad - Irish roots - guaranteed to have a tattoo with something Irish on it, gauranteed to have an Irish flag on your car, gets totally smashed on St Patrick's day and think because you are Irish you have to pick a fight at the weekends - just to uphold the Irish reputation.  You are ashamed you don't have ginger hair and freckles and that your ma didn't call you something more Irish like Seamus.  You listen to Irish punk rock which nobody in Ireland listens to.  You drink Jameson.  You drink bad tasting harp and don't understand that you need to let a pint of Guinness to settle before you drink it. You call bacon "rashers" cause you think its cool. You sing Irish songs but don't know why.  You wanted to be in the IRA when you were growing up.

Don't even waste my time

Don't even waste our time with your grass is greener on the other side rhetoric. Hu ha
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

cavan4ever

My Ma was born in Armagh and came over here (U.S.) when she was only 18. She had to have 3 teeth removed and wait another 5 years before all the LEGAL paperwork went through before she was allowed citizenship.

What had getting teeth removed to do with anything?

armaghniac

Whatever the shortcomings of the Irish economy, it is hardly a "load of shite". There is no economy more based on credit than the US, and payback time is coming. You better convert your dollars into Euro now, it will be worth much less in the future.

On this thread you have people who have abandoned Ireland and who don't even visit their families, but who expect Ireland to support them. People who think America is a great place, but who treat its laws with contempt and abuse those of Irish descent who immigrated legally. And if you comment on this these charming folk call you  a "sc**bag" or "small minded hick".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

Quote from: The Iceman on May 21, 2007, 09:24:09 AM
Dear Stew (ha how patronising can you get on a forum writing "Dear".)

Congratulations on getting into the states "legally" how long ago did you fill out that paperwork? Did you get in through a lotto? Or did you have to "know somebody"?

Legally getting in is not an easy thing to do.  Its not a 'try your luck scenario'.  What would you have done if your application had been turned down?  Put yourself in those shoes and see what your answer might be.

Your opinion on this is obviously tainted by the actions and choices of your family members.

I have spent a little time in America and I am one of the lucky ones - I am able to get a visa through my Fiancee out there, but I don't for a second have a chip on my shoulder about everyone else.  I am able to come home and see my family - I can't imagine not being able to do that and your lack of sympathy about this is a disgrace.  Would you give up your entire life in America (one that has taken you a long time to build up)  to come home and see a family member? 

The dollar goes a long way in America.  $20000 behind you has you in a comfortable position.  Change that into pounds or euros and what have you got, how far will it get you, how much will you be taxed on it, screwed into the ground by it?

Ireland as a whole is a joke.  The economy is crucifying everyone.  Yes town and country are driving around in big cras, living in a big house, two holidays a year and all the luxuries that the media tells us we need to have - but the bank owns it all!!!!

What the hell is wrong with wanting a better life for yourself, for your family, your children? What is wrong for trying to escape Ireland anyway you can and now seeking recognition for your contributions and life in America?

Shame on you all for not supporting your fellow Irish men and women in America.

The Iceman

Dear Iceman, I meant it to be patronizing, condescending and dowqnright annoying to be honest, I see it worked.

I filled out the paperwork 11 years ago. I applied like everyone else and I knew nobody, basically i did the right thing and applied legally and got in.

If I had have been turned down I would have kept my business and lived in the north because i was not going to go to the states illegally.

I dont have a chip on my shoulder about illegals being in the states, I just think it is wrong, just as I believe it is detremental to my own Country. Tell me this iceman, who is stopping these people from going home to see their loved one's???? it is their own selfishness that stops them , they put themselves in that position and nobody else is to blame so why should I give a damn about some ballix that hasnt got the gumption to go home whjen a family member needs them?????

Ireland is far from a joke, if you think that you know nothing about economics and the fact is the economy has been predicted to go into recession/depression for quite a few years now and the crash still has not happened.

There is nothing wrong with looking for a better life for your family and yourself, but quit whinging when daddy gets sick and poor you wont take the new grandchild to see him?? that to me is selfish. As for escaping Ireland, if you hate it that much why not move to somewhere in the EU? believe it or not you can do that legally with no problems at all. There is something however wrong with entering a Country illegally, a fact you continue to ignore you lawbreaker you.  :)

As for me being ashamed of myself for not helping Irish people in America, I have done so and I will continue to do so but I really dont give a fiddlers fart where people are from if I can help them i will help them and I owe the irish people in America feck all, what have they done for me??????

I am obliged to pay my taxes and rear my family,I am doing that within the boundaries of the law, shame you cannot say the same.