Championship 2008 - Odds suggest the big 4 have changed.........

Started by tyroneman, September 17, 2007, 01:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Odds from Paddy Power fro next year..........................some interesting value to be had.

Kerry                             6-4
Tyrone                          9-2
Dublin                            9-2
Cork                              8-1
Mayo                             14-1
Armagh                          16-1
Meath                            16-1
Donegal                          18-1
Galway                           20-1
Derry                             20-1
Laois                              28-1

So the big 4 now includes Cork at the expense of Armagh..........................

Derry at 20-1 look the dark horse bet of the year though

Pietas

Derry are a good bet at that price.  Mayo's odds should be much longer, but they're always around 12s or 13s despite not having won it for over half a century.
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

jodyb

Tyrone Dreamer

Monaghan at 40-1 are far and away the best value. They are a team that are reaaching their peak and should come back better from the experience they gained this year. All their key players should be just reaching their prime.

blasmere

I wouldn't be convinced that Monaghan can repeat this year. This has been their first good season for a while. Who's to say that they can repeat it again.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

rosnarun

for obviously busted flushes like dublin and tyrone 9-2 is just greedy . meath at 16-1 looks best value on show. 2007 was just a year too early from them but they are one of the few impoving teams on the scene at the moment
I can feel the dark forces rising from the east
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: jodyb on September 17, 2007, 01:39:39 PM
Not with Crozier at the helm...... :(

yep 100% correct jody

they are great odds alright.....for the bookies

spiritof91and94

Get on Kerry - they will cruise it again next year, all you have to do is look at the squad - their subs are capable of doing the business any day.

BallyhaiseMan

stick 50 on Cavan. i feel that next year is going to be our year!!!!

GalwayBayBoy

There is no big 4. Just a big 1 and that 1 is Kerry.

Everyone else is just trotting after them at present.

Tyrone Dreamer

This is the first back to back titles in over 15 years and people began to say it was impossible to do. I really cant see Kerry winning 3 in a row, just to tough in the modern game. No value what so ever at 6-4. After a team wins an ireland people initially look at there strengths and say they are unbeatable going forward. Cant see Kerry having enough in the tank next year. Really dont know who will be the team to take their title though. My favs would be Dublin, Tyrone and Monaghan.

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteMy favs would be Dublin, Tyrone and Monaghan.

Doubt Monaghan have a chance. They were lucky that they played Kerry at the best time possible after Kerry had gone 6 weeks without a game. That was the time to catch them.

Tyrone maybe if everyone is fit but no guarantees that they will come back the same team as a few years ago.

Dublin probably have the best chance right now even though they are a bit short of being an AI winning team IMO.

DB

Galwaybay is right. Kerry are the only ones I can see with value cause they're the only team I see winning it nxt year. Can you get odds on making the last 8? I fancy Down to make a break through in the way Monahan did this year and Fermanagh before them.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 17, 2007, 08:26:51 PM
This is the first back to back titles in over 15 years and people began to say it was impossible to do. I really cant see Kerry winning 3 in a row, just to tough in the modern game. No value what so ever at 6-4. After a team wins an ireland people initially look at there strengths and say they are unbeatable going forward. Cant see Kerry having enough in the tank next year. Really dont know who will be the team to take their title though. My favs would be Dublin, Tyrone and Monaghan.

I think TD that having broken the 17 year rule that no team could defend an All Ireland Kerry are in an excellent position to go fro the 3 in a row.

I will pass on your comments to Paul Galvin for inclusion in his little black book should Kerry and Tyrone face off some time late next summer.
KERRY 3:7

mannix

Big four my ass!
Since when are dublin a top team,armagh have been gone for a while too.Cork were shown up as pretenders too and all tyrone have to say is we have injuries.Monaghan have a lot more claim than armagh to be mentioned as atop team.
Its a bit like saying the moon is another sun,the reality is that the next to kerry bunch can all beat other rather easily.