Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Well, well, well...................thought the script was set for a revenge crack at Derry in the final, obviously not.

Fair play to Monagahan, totally bossed the game and prob should have won by much more.

MH will need a different approach to this one. Monaghan have nothing to lose and with the forward players they have.................................a very interesting game lies ahead.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

An Fear Rua

19 year wait to get revenge on Noodie and Co, I rem it all too clearly, Tyrone played in red, it pissed down, and there cant have been more than 3 words said in the car on the way home.
Its Grim up North

tyroneman

Will be some Game I imagine. Monaghan will be confident thier nippy forwards can cause us a lot of bother.

ONeill

Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 24, 2007, 05:19:35 PM
19 year wait to get revenge on Noodie and Co, I rem it all too clearly, Tyrone played in red, it pissed down, and there cant have been more than 3 words said in the car on the way home.

That was my first Ulster Final. Took months to get over it. It was a penalty too. Cranney you Mourne Maggot.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shamrock Shore

Where's FarneyboyII when you need him.

I wish Monaghan all the best in the Ulster final.

I assume it's in Clones?

Tyrones own

Should be a real cracker alright,
Ricey and Carlin will have their work cut out with T.Freeman and Hanratty,
hopefully C.Cavanagh at the edge of the square with his height might entice Vinny
into fullback as he would be a little much for Mulgrew IMO as i rate him quite highly at CHB,
D Freeman and Dooher should be a titanic battle,
Finley will be a huge loss to them, i hope its not too serious whatever it is.
Monaghan are def a talented bunch but Tyrone should just shade it, i hope.
Congrats on a fine win today lads.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

orangeman

What's the score with Paul Finlay  ? I hope he's ok.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on June 24, 2007, 08:00:07 PM
What's the score with Paul Finlay  ? I hope he's ok.

Heard on the radio that his father has said that he hopes that the condition that his son is suffering from (didn't specify what) would clear quickly, but that he could not play football whilst afflicted by it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

I take it we'll be in all red for the final with Monaghan all blue - as it was in 2005 in Croker and 2006 in Casement.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sam03/05

i think tyrone will win the final easy. Derry are pretty aweful. dont think monaghan are a better team than Donegal to be honest. couple of tricky forwards mind

orangeman

You'd think Tyrone will be big favourites for the final ? But football never works out like that - Monaghan will be underdogs and will have nothing to lose - so wtach out.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2007, 08:16:01 PM
I take it we'll be in all red for the final with Monaghan all blue - as it was in 2005 in Croker and 2006 in Casement.

Would prefer if they allowed a toss-up to keep the white-with-trim.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

What's the chances of seeing securicor at all matches from now on ? Like Hello, but imagine sending a man home with 200k in cash ? What were they thinking of ?

ziggysego

One paper Tyrone should win this match. However this is the Ulster Championship and the paper bes thrown out the window.

Tyrone had a terrific game last week, but on the back of a terrible run. We could so easily go back to that rut again. After all, there was emotive reasons why Tyrone upped their performances last week.

When you add to the mix that this is Monaghan's first final appearance in 20 years, you can bet they will be going for hell and leather. Their hunger is bound to be greater than Tyrone and they'll have nothing to lose.
Testing Accessibility