All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

As good a first half as I've ever seen from us. 3/8 to 4

Rossie will be lucky to keep 12 on the pitch here. Mullolly is dying to get the line

I assume
We'll ease up in the second half
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

seafoid

Weaker teams have to win the first day. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

RedHand88

The middle channel in rossie defence are parting like the red sea every time.

sid waddell

Reality bites in a big way for Roscommon.

They caught Galway on the hop in the Connacht final by getting a good start on a rainy day, and caught Mayo on the hop in the quarter-final by getting a good start on a rainy day.

Roscommon were thought by a lot of observers to be the fresher team coming into this, but Mayo are well used to having to recover quickly for this sort of game. Roscommon aren't.

We now know who the drawn match took more out of.

The gap in pace, physicality and ability is absolutely frightening.

You could sail a car ferry through the Roscommon defence.

It's a complete turkey-shoot.

Mayo can coast through the second half at training pace now and empty their bench for match practice.

Il Bomber Destro

Guys like Vaughan, Higgins, Boyle and McLoughlin who have looked dead on their feet at times this year now playing with the same zest three of four years back.

They will give Kerry their fill of it and they are ready made for Kerry given how susceptible Kerry are to runners down the middle.

straightred

Quote from: JoG2 on August 07, 2017, 02:29:09 PM
But but but it's Dublin, Kerry, then Tyrone as the top 3 according to the board experts

roscommon have completely capitulated. Mayo are being ruthless today but don't forget its a short week since they drew with thi same  team. When they put it up to kerry i'll change my mind

Wildweasel74

The super 8 going to be super crap with some big hammerings handed out! Age old saying of dont poke the bear coming to the fore here!@

Mayo4Sam

I presume somewhere Syf has slipped out of his Rossie jersey into a more comfortable red and green number
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

omagh_gael

That's the thing, Kerry may have the best FF line left in the championship but they are vulnerable to runners up the middle.

seafoid

Whishtup

Fair play, Mayo, wasn't expecting that.  With a bit of rest, ye can put it up to Kerry.  Would be nice to see Tyrone Mayo final. I would fancy Mayo to break the hoodoo if that were the case...

sid waddell

Fook knows what McStay was at dropping his two goalscorers from last week.

JoG2

Quote from: straightred on August 07, 2017, 02:44:59 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 07, 2017, 02:29:09 PM
But but but it's Dublin, Kerry, then Tyrone as the top 3 according to the board experts

roscommon have completely capitulated. Mayo are being ruthless today but don't forget its a short week since they drew with thi same  team. When they put it up to kerry i'll change my mind
;D

whitey

With all due respect to Roscommon, Mayo were just terrible last week.

As mentioned on the Mayo podcast, neither COC or AOS even got ONE vote for MOM on the Mayogaablg poll