Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 21, 2020, 10:12:40 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 21, 2020, 08:15:37 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 21, 2020, 04:34:39 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 21, 2020, 04:20:25 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 21, 2020, 02:19:29 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 21, 2020, 02:02:08 PM
Can I ask a question.

I've seen on social media lately some pictures of clubs having their 'final' juvenile sessions of the year.

Am I wrong to think that clubs were shut down weeks ago?

No still allowed to train in pods of 15 up until this week(non contact)

I thought that was for elite squads and I whilst there's some good work going on I didn't think an U8 group were elite..

;D

I don't know anymore lol, totally confused at this stage tbh, see load of clubs on Twitter training, mostly in ROI to be fair

Language of a partitionist.

Soup taker surely

Mínigh dom le do thoil cén dóigh a smaoiníonn tú sin?

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 21, 2020, 11:04:28 PM
Can I ask a question.

I've seen on social media lately some pictures of clubs having their 'final' juvenile sessions of the year.

I thought that was for elite squads and I whilst there's some good work going on I didn't think an U8 group were elite..

;D

I don't know anymore lol, totally confused at this stage tbh, see load of clubs on Twitter training, mostly in ROI to be fair

Don't be a dick all the time, you know fine well that the Ulster Council had 2 different sets of instructions depending on govt policy either side of border

Nobody in the GAA uses the term 'ROI', nobody.

It's a DUP/UUP/BBC etc. term....definately not a GAA term.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on December 22, 2020, 06:09:51 PM
Can I ask a question.

;D

Don't be a dick all the time, you know fine well that the Ulster Council had 2 different sets of instructions depending on govt policy either side of border

Bunch of free staters if you ask me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on December 22, 2020, 06:09:51 PM
Can I ask a question.

;D

What an absolute idiotic statement and one only looking for aggro. Wouid ye ever wise yerself up. You must be bleeding pure green, white and orange.

paddyjohn

Terrible and tragic news about James McLean from Dunloy. An gentleman in any dealings I ever had with him.

johnnycool

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 11, 2021, 01:06:40 PM
Terrible and tragic news about James McLean from Dunloy. An gentleman in any dealings I ever had with him.

Sorry to hear that. Condolences to the family and community of Dunloy.

Decent lad and a good referee back in his day.

Tyrdub

What happened? first I'm hearing of anything

Milltown Row2

Gutted to hear this, lovely man first and foremost. Committed Dunloy and Antrim man.

One of the best referees that I encountered when playing, never afraid to tell you off and explained things well during the game..

He would have always had a word or two before games that I refereed, and after, never too critical lol.. but always on the money!

Be strange not to see him hanging over the fence in Dunloy this year

RIP in peace James
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2021, 01:59:06 PM

Gutted to hear this, lovely man first and foremost. Committed Dunloy and Antrim man.

One of the best referees that I encountered when playing, never afraid to tell you off and explained things well during the game..

He would have always had a word or two before games that I refereed, and after, never too critical lol.. but always on the money!

RIP in peace James

It was never a good thing when he was on first name terms with you  ;D

imtommygunn

Ah that's sad. My dad would have known his family and they are decent people.

RIP James.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on January 11, 2021, 02:06:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2021, 01:59:06 PM

RIP in peace James

It was never a good thing when he was on first name terms with you  ;D

I remember we were playing Loughgiel in a semi final at Casement (remember Casement !) and I was on the management team, So I was running round to the keeper and giving instructions on the puck outs.

I'd stayed longer than I was welcomed, as he came down to me, and he's a big man, (though not difficult when standing besides me!) said me to get to the side of the pitch or otherwise get to the stand, didn't shout or howler, i just knew there wouldn't have been a second request.

north_antrim_hound

RIP James
Will be sorely missed round the club.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

Very sad news. James had a short illness towards the end of last year and its been hard on his family to see him go from full of life to now.

I cant rem the last time i spoke to him but he was a great character and someone i got on very well with. When he was a ref he used to get me to come along with him to do umpire at some games. I loved the craic with the older lads as i was much younger than them all so you never had to dip to buy a dinner or anything when you were with him. Rescued me a few times from some angry senior hurlers who didnt agree with my call in some games  ;D but that was him, he trusted us to make the calls and even in my late teens he had me at some big games as part of his team

Got to umpire at National league games in various counties, senior hurling championship matches, the ulster shield final at clones etc. He used to always say to me before you went to your post at the start of the game 'go out and enjoy the game and please dont make any f**k ups! lol

He was in the pitch every day during lock down and i used to keep him going that he was that bored he was up to watch the grass grow!

Gave a lot of time to the GAA and to our club and will be badly missed.

hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 11, 2021, 03:55:37 PM
Very sad news. James had a short illness towards the end of last year and its been hard on his family to see him go from full of life to now.

I cant rem the last time i spoke to him but he was a great character and someone i got on very well with. When he was a ref he used to get me to come along with him to do umpire at some games. I loved the craic with the older lads as i was much younger than them all so you never had to dip to buy a dinner or anything when you were with him. Rescued me a few times from some angry senior hurlers who didnt agree with my call in some games  ;D but that was him, he trusted us to make the calls and even in my late teens he had me at some big games as part of his team

Got to umpire at National league games in various counties, senior hurling championship matches, the ulster shield final at clones etc. He used to always say to me before you went to your post at the start of the game 'go out and enjoy the game and please dont make any f**k ups! lol

He was in the pitch every day during lock down and i used to keep him going that he was that bored he was up to watch the grass grow!

Gave a lot of time to the GAA and to our club and will be badly missed.

Well said

Milltown Row2

Quote from: groundlie on January 15, 2021, 12:48:56 PM
I hate to be a spoil sport and  I have a lot of time for our current county hurling management but the way they are treating this current lockdown is shocking and downright disrespectful. I have heard the squad have been in the dub this week and are playing a game in Jordanstown tomorrow. We all want to be back to our national games and our clubs as soon as possible but this behaviour is careless and basically a two fingers up to all of us who are following the guidelines. This mixing households amoung young people is a huge part of the problem. Sharing cars, sharing equipment, bringing this dreaded and hateful virus home. We will all be back sooner if this madness stops. Wise up.

What time at? Might dander down