Formula 1

Started by Eamonnca1, March 07, 2018, 12:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Are F1 cars much quicker than Nascar cars?

thebigfella

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 28, 2018, 06:46:34 PM

Top speed of a NASCAR is > 200mph but the power to weight ratio is vastly superior for the F1 car. I suspect round a traditional circuit the F1 car would destroy it's times.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 28, 2018, 06:46:34 PM

Depends what you mean by "quicker." F1 cars are better at braking and accelerating because of the kind of tracks they have to race on, plus they have massive levels of downforce. A Nascar car on an F1 track wouldn't be very fast. As for an F1 car on a banked Nascar track, I'm not sure if it'd be faster. Horses for courses.

One thing I find interesting is the comparison of pit stops across different motorsport disciplines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rp_FtFCs54

AZOffaly

I mean average MPH. Who is going quicker, on their own courses?

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 30, 2018, 10:58:58 AM

AZ
any of us with four massive lads drinking cans in the back and three bags of cement in the boot would hammer a Nascar.

Denn Forever

At the end of long straights, F1 cars are doing at least 200 mph.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: turk on March 30, 2018, 11:33:45 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 30, 2018, 10:58:58 AM

AZ
any of us with four massive lads drinking cans in the back and three bags of cement in the boot would hammer a Nascar.

Jesus. The dead arose and appeared to many!

Hardy

And two days early.

Anyway, for me, the most important difference between a Nascar redneck buggy and an F1 trolley is that I don't think you can recycle the stuff the make the F1s out of.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Hardy on March 30, 2018, 02:10:35 PM
And two days early.

Anyway, for me, the most important difference between a Nascar redneck buggy and an F1 trolley is that I don't think you can recycle the stuff the make the F1s out of.

Not necessarily. https://www.compositesworld.com/columns/recycled-carbon-fiber-its-time-has-come-

Eamonnca1

Ferrari 1 and 2 on the grid tomorrow in Bahrain. This should be good.

GJL

Brilliant win for Vettel yesterday. getting to the end on the soft tyres took a bit of intelligent driving. Fair play to Hamilton as well to get up to 3rd from such a poor starting position.

Capt Pat

That was a bad accident the mechanic had yesterday. How could that have happened?

GJL

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 09, 2018, 12:40:03 PM
That was a bad accident the mechanic had yesterday. How could that have happened?

Not sure exactly but one person who is not to blame is the driver. Either the lollypop man fecked up or the go lights faulted. Bad result for the mechanic who has a badly broken leg.

Franko

Guy on the lollipop f**ked up badly.

It's his SOLE job to hold the driver until all work is done and the mechanics are clear.

NAG1

The new system is on the steering wheel and when the light goes green thats the release for the driver.