Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2020, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on May 05, 2020, 05:12:44 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2020, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: maddog on May 05, 2020, 03:11:36 PM
Is the social distancing on the plane not a waste of time with the air being recycled through the aircon anyway ?

aircraft filters stop viruses, you will probably get it directly.
Who told you that one?

Feckin' scientists
https://www.who.int/ith/mode_of_travel/tcd_aircraft/en/

What do they know? Karen says they are a hot bed of virus activity

But all joking aside if you're sitting less than a metre from someone sharing toilets is it safe?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

dress for the occasion
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

maddog

Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2020, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on May 05, 2020, 05:12:44 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2020, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: maddog on May 05, 2020, 03:11:36 PM
Is the social distancing on the plane not a waste of time with the air being recycled through the aircon anyway ?

aircraft filters stop viruses, you will probably get it directly.
Who told you that one?

Feckin' scientists
https://www.who.int/ith/mode_of_travel/tcd_aircraft/en/

Interesting as the news piece i saw on the aer lingus flight yesterday suggested that the aircon negated the social distancing. I know anytime i fly i often get slight head cold few days later. I'd like to think the link from WHO is correct for all airlines and aircraft.

armaghniac

Quote from: maddog on May 06, 2020, 09:06:24 AM

Interesting as the news piece i saw on the aer lingus flight yesterday suggested that the aircon negated the social distancing. I know anytime i fly i often get slight head cold few days later. I'd like to think the link from WHO is correct for all airlines and aircraft.

In airports and aircraft you come into contact with a lot of people, however the air con is more sophisticated than the average building. The pressure changes always kick off sinus problems for me.

Smurfy123

Well lads any thoughts on the way holidays will go now?
Still in limbo but think all will go my side leaving me in a-tricky position
Don't really want to go but if cancel will loose my deposit

screenexile

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 12, 2020, 09:57:58 AM
Well lads any thoughts on the way holidays will go now?
Still in limbo but think all will go my side leaving me in a-tricky position
Don't really want to go but if cancel will loose my deposit

Still hard to see air travel in July from Ireland you'd imagine there would still be an advisory against travelling in which case you'd be entitled to a refund from flights at least. Depending on where you booked the accommodation it should be the same.

Tough situation though. Have airline or accommodation offered to move the date?? We had that option a good while before it became 2 weeks before travel and refund was available.

Good luck!

Just booked a weekend in Dublin at the end of August with free cancellation. . . who knows if it'll go ahead but something to look forward to I guess. The kids have only been to that shit hole of a zoo in Belfast it would be nice to take them to a proper one!

Smurfy123

Thanks Screen
A cost of 200 to move the holiday which is a joke
They have said that all going ahead in July at the moment so can't claim it back until they officially cancel it themselves
If the flights go and hotel open leaves me that it's goong ahead and can't claim anything back

GiveItToTheShooters

I am still seeing people booking holidays abroad for the late summer. Morons wouldn't be the word.

armaghniac

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 12, 2020, 05:24:35 PM
I am still seeing people booking holidays abroad for the late summer. Morons wouldn't be the word.

Spain is likely to allow people in if they isolate for 14 days, so someone with a house there could likely go if they are happy to sit on their own terrace and have food delivered.
Heading to an all night disco in Ibiza wouldn't be on.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: armaghniac on May 12, 2020, 07:22:25 PM

Spain is likely to allow people in if they isolate for 14 days, so someone with a house there could likely go if they are happy to sit on their own terrace and have food delivered.
Or do what anybody normal would do and self isolate at home, without going to another country where its gonna be like a ghost town anyway.

armaghniac

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 12, 2020, 07:43:05 PM

Or do what anybody normal would do and self isolate at home, without going to another country where its gonna be like a ghost town anyway.

Some people find great heat appealing, not sure why.

screenexile

Booked a weekend in Dublin at the end of August in case things do start going well again... probably won't get but sure something to look forward to if it happens but who knows what could happen between now and then!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on May 12, 2020, 09:17:28 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 12, 2020, 07:43:05 PM

Some people find great heat appealing, not sure why.

Ginger people don't
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Is there a government direction that you must quarantine for 2 weeks once you get back from overseas? Is there a link to that?

Rois

Jet2 flights and holidays starting on 1 July so normal cancellation policies apply after that now.