Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

The fact remains no one club enjoys such a huge advantage in England over all its rivals as Celtic does in Scotland.In truth Celtic should not even be drawing with Scottish clubs,they should be winning every single domestic fixture.

Name another player with any other club in Scotland who would get into the current Celtic squad? There aren't any and if there were Celtic would buy him immediately.

Also if Aberdeen win the Scottish Cup on Saturday Brendan will simply have won the same two trophies as Ronny did in his first year.The only difference is that Ronny qualified for the knock out stages of the Europa League in his first season

playwiththewind1st

Didn't know it was Groundhog Day today.

thebar

Quote from: T Fearon on May 22, 2017, 07:05:54 PM
The fact remains no one club enjoys such a huge advantage in England over all its rivals as Celtic does in Scotland.In truth Celtic should not even be drawing with Scottish clubs,they should be winning every single domestic fixture.

Name another player with any other club in Scotland who would get into the current Celtic squad? There aren't any and if there were Celtic would buy him immediately.

Also if Aberdeen win the Scottish Cup on Saturday Brendan will simply have won the same two trophies as Ronny did in his first year.The only difference is that Ronny qualified for the knock out stages of the Europa League in his first season

lmao dont even mention Ronny that man had us sweating in case he couldnt even win the league lol!!!

playwiththewind1st

"Also, I forgot to say that if Aberdeen win the Scottish Cup on Saturday, I will be one extremely happy bunny. Brendan will simply have to get get his P45"

imtommygunn

Lol. Yes the prestigous europa league. That champions league is like the poor relation of european football. Ronny obviously was a genius by setting himself to get knocked out of the cl ;D

You should try harder.

StGallsGAA

Yes Stallion. You are right again! 🙄

yellowcard

The EPL is a financial cesspit where so many of the big clubs have been used as status symbols and play things by wealthy investors. What was formerly a game attended by working class people has now turned into a corporate day out where day trippers spend as much in one day on merchandise and match tickets as a season ticket holder would in the likes of the Bundesliga. A lot of the bigger clubs have lost their identity and barring the innocence of kids growing up, it's hard to feel any real affiliation to what are effectively mini multi nationals. Everyone is treated as a consumer and not a supporter. I think Celtic are still a club for all the people and would hate to see them lose that connection.

tonto1888

After failing to qualify for the group stages of the champions league. Remind me. Was that the season he got celtic knocked out of the CL not once but twice?

Armamike

First team to go unbeaten in Scotland in over 100 years.  Some achievement that for Rodgers and his team.  Rangers with all their dosh in the 80s and 90s couldn't achieve it.  Stein and the Lisbon Lions neither.  Surely credit where it's due.
That's just, like your opinion man.

T Fearon

The difference is Stein"s team had stiff domestic opposition.

thebar

Quote from: Armamike on May 22, 2017, 09:58:48 PM
First team to go unbeaten in Scotland in over 100 years.  Some achievement that for Rodgers and his team.  Rangers with all their dosh in the 80s and 90s couldn't achieve it.  Stein and the Lisbon Lions neither.  Surely credit where it's due.

i couldnt have put it better myself :)

Franko

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 08, 2017, 11:40:58 PM
Fearing makes stupid statements and ignores anyone who contradicts them. I'm going back to ignoring him

How you getting on with this tonto?  ::)

Keyser soze

Sad to say but this thread needs locked.

illdecide

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 23, 2017, 09:51:09 AM
Sad to say but this thread needs locked.

No it doesn't need locked...you guys have to learn to ignore that Fearon woman and stop responding to her posts, i know it's hard as time i feel like jumping in and saying a lot of things that would have me banned. Ignore her posts and when she gets no reactions to her silly wind up's she'll run off to the Spurs thread or wind up the Armagh ones on the Armagh thread as she's already doing.

IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE PLEASE...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

PAULD123

If you read my post earlier you will see that I answered this exact point. You are wrong.

Celtic's advantage over their rivals is very comparable to Chelsea's advantage over Crystal Palace. yet they lost to them. And I gave a long list of the same thing over ten years. EPL champions each year losing to teams that they spend ten times more than. So by your theory the EPL champions should never even draw against a team with a fraction of their income, but they do. If Celtic are expected to beat every Scottish team every time then Chelsea should have won every single game against Burnley, Swansea, Crystal Palace. But they didn't!

Second point - Name a single player in the Crystal Palace team that would get in the Chelsea first eleven (this can be repeated for any of the last 25 years except the invincibles). Celtic have four players in their team that played for other Scottish clubs first.

Like I said I'll give you the top 5-6 teams in the EPL. We'll only count games below Europa spots for comparison. But when EPL champions are losing to a relegation contender you cannot claim that Celtic unbeaten for an entire season is not worthy of praise. That is a totally fair like-for-like comparison.