?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

stew

Quote from: Hectic on June 02, 2017, 12:48:38 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on June 01, 2017, 03:28:16 PM
I hope,like me, all you die hard fans have placed a bid for one of the autographed match issue shirts from last Sunday's charity game,on eBay to benefit the charity foundation.

I see also Linfield are one of Celtic's prospective opponents in the Champions League qualifiers

I give to charity confidentially as I see fit not so as I can tell people I am doing it.

I gave away a fourball to a local golf course for a charity drive to a well knwn character around Armagh and sent a pm asking him not to name the donor, I watched for about a week and nothing and was happy with that, right up until the point i had to send him another message three weeks later asking whythefack he had put my name to the donation, took all the fun out of it but what do you do?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Instead of Hayes,I reckon Liam Boyce would be a better signing for Celtic.From Belfast and Cliftonville and the SPL's top scorer last season and about to establish himself in the international team,he is a much better bet than Hayes.

Hectic

Not sure if either is the answer. If you were to offer me a choice between those two and Christie it would be Christie hands down.

T Fearon

I would have thought an Irish guy who finished top scorer in the SPL with Ross Co,would have been top of Celtic's list if they are in the market for a proven goal scorer.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: T Fearon on June 03, 2017, 07:28:31 PM
I would have thought an Irish guy who finished top scorer in the SPL with Ross Co,would have been top of Celtic's list if they are in the market for a proven goal scorer.

If Frodo's ginger hobbit mate is the height of BR's ambition for a hitman I'll be very disappointed!

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on June 03, 2017, 07:28:31 PM

Yeah it does not always work out that way though. Plenty of players do really well at smaller clubs but do not cut it at the top clubs. Only have to look at Cifti as a recent example or Niall McGinn the other way.

Boyce is going great guns at the mo and I am delighted for him but the challenge for us now is to bring in players better than what we have to take us to the next level.

Do you think Boyce is better than Griffiths or Dembele or do you simply think we have gone as far as we can and should be looking at value for a few domestic goals to try and maybe stay a bit above the rest in Scotland?

Above is the reason for my reservation about Hayes also.

T Fearon

Yes,but Boyce is a better bet than Hayes surely, and would be a good addition to the squad.

Hectic

I suppose if you are talking cover rather than first tean players we play with one up front. Griffiths has struggled for game time time this season and had he played 30 games would have been top scorer. When both he and Dembele have been out Sinclair has been a more than adequate replacement. We also have a couple of very promising young forwards in our ranks who will be worth a look. Where we are light with Roberts returning to city and GMS on the way out is on the wing. Forrest has injury concerns and along with Sinclair is our only real wide options right now. So as it stands if we are talking about buying cover rather than improving then this is why Hayes is probably the more logical option.

tonto1888

It wouldn't be Hayes or Boyce. Two different types of player in different positoons

illdecide

TBH i've mothing against either lad but if we're serious about CL qualification next season then we need a better calibre of player than those two mentioned, they would be just squad players alright that would weaken the Scottish opposition but would not really strengthen Celtic
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Quote from: illdecide on June 04, 2017, 09:50:16 PM
TBH i've mothing against either lad but if we're serious about CL qualification next season then we need a better calibre of player than those two mentioned, they would be just squad players alright that would weaken the Scottish opposition but would not really strengthen Celtic

In Hayes case it would give the like of Sinclair or Roberts a rest around European games by having an adequate replacement for the Scottish Premier League. Boyce is a non starter.

themac_23

I like Boycie, know the lad but don't think he is anywhere near the level required for Celtic, in saying that, i wouldn't be surprised to see him in green and white next season, just not the hoops

T Fearon

I see Brendan was married today.Wonder will this one,unlike the last one,be invincible?

dclane

Quote from: T Fearon on June 09, 2017, 09:23:02 PM
I see Brendan was married today.Wonder will this one,unlike the last one,be invincible?

She's a fair upgrade on the last wife to be fair, good for him

thebar

Quote from: T Fearon on June 09, 2017, 09:23:02 PM

You'd be safer worrying about ur own doll!  ;D ;D ;D