Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

During Lockdown I seen a high proportion of people being very aware and sensible, that was the reason why we have a very low proportion of people with out the virus and death rate very low also!

Have a bitta faith in people to do the right thing, those who have should be praised for it and there's no doubt they will continue to be cautious
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2020, 07:46:19 PM
Foreign countries like England you mean?
England is part of the Galltacht (Galltart in Ulster)
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2020, 10:23:56 AM
During Lockdown I seen a high proportion of people being very aware and sensible, that was the reason why we have a very low proportion of people with out the virus and death rate very low also!

Have a bitta faith in people to do the right thing, those who have should be praised for it and there's no doubt they will continue to be cautious

Milltown - I can only say what I see and that is a total breakdown of the social distancing rules. It was probably inevitable when we started relaxing laws. But you cannot rely on people to do the right thing, you have to enforce the right thing. If that wasnt the case we wouldnt bother have drink driving or speed check points.

ONeill

Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 09:45:09 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2020, 11:31:34 PM
It's up to the individual.

Personally, my take is that until we are sure we are on top of this virus on this island, no one should be taking the luxury of a holiday abroad. But that's just my take, as the virus is very much in the infancy of being understood. The opposite view is just as valid in other eyes.

I want my mother to enjoy her remaining years not shielding. She is and will continue to until she's sure she won't be in danger. Again, that's her call. For that to happen I want airports under serious scrutiny with testing but sure even that is unreliable.

Everyone's view on this is valid and no one is correct. You just make a call and judge it on your instinct.

I don't buy into the whole...i've worked hard for this. My da worked 20 times as hard as I did and never felt the need for a foreign holiday. And there are many who feel the opposite...relaxing in the sun is a nice reward.

But again, no one is correct in their stance on this. You have a view, that's it.

However, anyone who uses the word staycation should be shot.

All very easy when you've been off on holidays since March. You're probably holidayed out at this stage.

Would you like a wee tickle? I'd hug you only I'm not a hugger and it's probably inappropriate right now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on July 10, 2020, 11:16:16 AM

Milltown - I can only say what I see and that is a total breakdown of the social distancing rules. It was probably inevitable when we started relaxing laws. But you cannot rely on people to do the right thing, you have to enforce the right thing. If that wasnt the case we wouldnt bother have drink driving or speed check points.

Driving is the perfect example. Road deaths have been greatly reduced over the years, and not by leaving it up to people to decide to do it themselves. Despite what the Healy-Rays say, the drink driving limit is the same for everyone, they do not leave it up to the individual.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on July 10, 2020, 11:29:19 AM

Driving is the perfect example. Road deaths have been greatly reduced over the years, and not by leaving it up to people to decide to do it themselves. Despite what the Healy-Rays say, the drink driving limit is the same for everyone, they do not leave it up to the individual.

That's fair enough and i get that, but since I've started back, nearly 3 weeks, the people that have come in to my clinic have adhered to all of the social distancing measures, wash hands, wear masks and so on. For a lot of people doing this new stuff isn't a big burden to them and if people are not adhering to it its in the minority like drink drivers

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2020, 01:36:04 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 10, 2020, 11:29:19 AM

That's fair enough and i get that, but since I've started back, nearly 3 weeks, the people that have come in to my clinic have adhered to all of the social distancing measures, wash hands, wear masks and so on. For a lot of people doing this new stuff isn't a big burden to them and if people are not adhering to it its in the minority like drink drivers

It's the people who don't think that covid-19 is dangerous or if it even exists. My neighbour is convinced it's a hoax because a guy behind the counter of a car parts shop told him. I'm sure he's not alone.

trailer

Quote from: ONeill on July 10, 2020, 11:16:35 AM

Personally, my take is that until we are sure we are on top of this virus on this island, no one should be taking the luxury of a holiday abroad. But that's just my take, as the virus is very much in the infancy of being understood. The opposite view is just as valid in other eyes.

I want my mother to enjoy her remaining years not shielding. She is and will continue to until she's sure she won't be in danger. Again, that's her call. For that to happen I want airports under serious scrutiny with testing but sure even that is unreliable.

Everyone's view on this is valid and no one is correct. You just make a call and judge it on your instinct.

I don't buy into the whole...i've worked hard for this. My da worked 20 times as hard as I did and never felt the need for a foreign holiday. And there are many who feel the opposite...relaxing in the sun is a nice reward.

But again, no one is correct in their stance on this. You have a view, that's it.

All very easy when you've been off on holidays since March. You're probably holidayed out at this stage.

Would you like a wee tickle? I'd hug you only I'm not a hugger and it's probably inappropriate right now.

I'll be holidaying in Ireland and later on in the year I'll be holidaying abroad. And I'll do it all with a big smile on my face.

ONeill

That's more like it, chin up old chap.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 02:14:16 PM

I'll be holidaying in Ireland and later on in the year I'll be holidaying abroad. And I'll do it all with a big smile on my face.

I wont holiday in Ireland - not a penny will I give to the rip off merchants.

If the virus subsides/weakens and it is safe to do so I will holiday abroad at the end of the year

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Taylor on July 10, 2020, 02:38:03 PM

If the virus subsides/weakens and it is safe to do so I will holiday abroad at the end of the year
You can get great value for self catering in Ireland if you know where to look

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 10, 2020, 07:08:05 PM

6 of us  are heading down to Kerry for a week tomorrow, we booked a  4 bedroom house for the week on Homeaway ,it was very reasonable and touch wood its as good as the reviews it  received on the site .

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on July 10, 2020, 08:29:49 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 10, 2020, 07:08:05 PM

6 of us  are heading down to Kerry for a week tomorrow, we booked a  4 bedroom house for the week on Homeaway ,it was very reasonable and touch wood its as good as the reviews it  received on the site .
Enjoy, and spend plenty of money!
Too many doom merchants about Irish holidays

I've done both foreign and self catering in Ireland and all holidays are enjoyable

BennyCake

I holiday in Ireland every year. Did the beach holiday thing once, and I'll never do it again.

I like to visit places where it has importance or interest to Irish history or culture. We have spectacular scenery, fantastic driving routes, a complicated but fascinating history and loads of hidden gems.

Can't get away this year, and I'm gutted, as I'd so many things on my list to see.

5times5times

Members of the board..

Looking to spend 7-9 days in Sept/Oct. Ideally starting in Dingle direction, then working our way up the west coast.

Kerry/Clare/Mayo/Galway?

Any recommendations on where to go & how long for? Say starting in dingle for 2/3 nights?