Kildare GAA to move house..

Started by Dinny Breen, November 29, 2006, 08:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Jaysus whats with all the sentimentality it won't be gone for at least another 3 years. Clane of the early 90s were brilliant to watch though, lost a county minor final (I was marking Eddie McCormack and the fecker scored 7 points including the winner) and a Senior B final but did manage to win a minor hurling title, amazing how all those jockeys from Tipp look like 16 year olds  :D

Some more info for you..

The site is free under the new Newbridge Development plan and will be housed within the new Citygate development at Old Connell, Naas end of the town less than 1/2 a mile from the nearest pub.  The following was robbed from the Kildare GAA site

The Games Devleopment presentation was in 2 sections. The Hurling Acadamey (which started last April) and the Football Acadamey (starting in Jan 07). It really was good to hear about the work that has gone into underage hurling so far. And the plans for football is equally as good. All the info logged from the Development Squad seissions is to be logged to monitor improvements.
There is provisions at the moment for 7000 seats (which can be increased) and covered terracing for another 12000. I think some of the remainder will be uncovered.
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Timothy Leary on November 29, 2006, 12:55:56 PM
Lynchboy, makes two of us!!!
Good man Timmy,
I dont think the Cloughs are too fond of myself of brothers any more after leaving 14 years ago.

Its a long story, but they only have themselves to blame (well mostly, greed and ambition fueled the rest for us)

I still watch the Cloughs results and checked out their website.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 29, 2006, 01:03:24 PM
Jaysus whats with all the sentimentality it won't be gone for at least another 3 years. Clane of the early 90s were brilliant to watch though, lost a county minor final (I was marking Eddie McCormack and the fecker scored 7 points including the winner) and a Senior B final but did manage to win a minor hurling title, amazing how all those jockeys from Tipp look like 16 year olds  :D

Some more info for you..

The site is free under the new Newbridge Development plan and will be housed within the new Citygate development at Old Connell, Naas end of the town less than 1/2 a mile from the nearest pub.  The following was robbed from the Kildare GAA site

The Games Devleopment presentation was in 2 sections. The Hurling Acadamey (which started last April) and the Football Acadamey (starting in Jan 07). It really was good to hear about the work that has gone into underage hurling so far. And the plans for football is equally as good. All the info logged from the Development Squad seissions is to be logged to monitor improvements.
There is provisions at the moment for 7000 seats (which can be increased) and covered terracing for another 12000. I think some of the remainder will be uncovered.

Dinny,
any plans for buying in some new players !

seriously the plans sound good. A young Kildare squad will hopefully benefit from this.
Need Paidi to take them onwards I'd say

Dinny Breen

Anyone but JC at least the squad don't have the shadow of Glen Ryan over them.....

To be honest the players are there, the clubs are regularly contesting Leinster Club Finals, Sarsfields, Towers and now the Moors, the infrastructures are being put in place but we just need to get the management structure right....A Liam Kearns or a Luke Dempsey would have been perfect..
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 29, 2006, 01:37:09 PM
Anyone but JC at least the squad don't have the shadow of Glen Ryan over them.....

To be honest the players are there, the clubs are regularly contesting Leinster Club Finals, Sarsfields, Towers and now the Moors, the infrastructures are being put in place but we just need to get the management structure right....A Liam Kearns or a Luke Dempsey would have been perfect..

still not convinced with Dempsey

you know who i'd pick

and Kildare can afford him !

Blue Boy

Lilywhites plan new 25,000-capacity stadium - from www.setanta.com

The Kildare county board has outlined its plans to move its county ground to a new purpose built 25,000-capacity stadium.

The Lilywhites will move from St Conleth's Park to a new venue with state-of-the-art dressing rooms, car park and a training pitch.

There are provisional plans for 7,000 seats, a 12,000-capacity covered terrace and an uncovered terrace that will hold 6,000 people, however the number of seats may even be increased.

A presentation on the new complex took place at the Hotel Kadeen in Newbridge on Tuesday night.

The horseshoe shaped design is based on the Liberty Stadium in Swansea, Wales, which is home to the Ospreys rugby team and soccer outfit Swansea City.

A new site will be handed over to Kildare chiefs free of charge under the Newbridge Development plan. It will be located within the new Citygate development at Old Connell, is on the Naas side of Newbridge.

The Liberty Stadium cost STG27 million to build and the new Kildare ground is estimated to be ready for use in two years time.

St Conleth's Park, a six-acre site, is expected to fetch around EUR25 million.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

thats great
also the local lads can go snowboarding off the roof in winter...

tayto

Looks good, also glad to see they havent gone totally crazy with the capacity. [although the liberty stadium looks big]

The Hurling academy started before the football? Good stuff!

There's a nice stand just after the kildare on the dublin to cork train, who's is that?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tayto on November 30, 2006, 10:57:50 AM
Looks good, also glad to see they havent gone totally crazy with the capacity. [although the liberty stadium looks big]

The Hurling academy started before the football? Good stuff!

There's a nice stand just after the kildare on the dublin to cork train, who's is that?

Curragh racecourse perhaps ?

tayto

lynchbhoy

tayto

impressive looking stand they have themselves, well, it looks good from the train.

Dinny Breen

Moorefield me bollox, that's our white elephant The Mighty Round Towers  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 30, 2006, 11:52:51 AM
Moorefield me bollox, that's our white elephant The Mighty Round Towers  ;D

jayzuz
how could I have got that wrong !

I forgot you play football down there ! ;)