China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

For the 'just a flu' merchants, if they still exist, this explains it in yet another way:

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1241804469387644933
Hasta la victoria siempre

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

just listening to Michelle O Neill on Radoi Ulster saying if you are not an essential servive you should be shut down. FFS how weak is that!!! Do it then and help us workers who are being asked by employers to come in to work.

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 11:49:26 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2020, 10:53:20 PM
Look, closing beaches is like closing Cavehill or closing streets. When full lockdown comes, you won't be allowed there without good reason. That will be soon, I think. I mean, you can call for beaches to be closed but having Royal Ave or O'Connell St open at the same time, you're pissing into the wind.

Ok so people put up charts showing where we are now in comparison to Italy and if Italy had a Chance to go back to that point they would have locked down earlier. Itchy is waffling that you can't close the beaches, you can enforce it with fines, yes some clampits will continue to do it but let them be fined!

But yes we need a lockdown, essential travel only in my view

If anyone has been shown to be a total waffler on here its you, just take a look at our pathetic posts early in this and ignoring of all info put in front of you and now you are looking for lockdown of beaches! You are the Donald Trump of the board.

naka

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 07:15:34 AM
just listening to Michelle O Neill on Radoi Ulster saying if you are not an essential servive you should be shut down. FFS how weak is that!!! Do it then and help us workers who are being asked by employers to come in to work.
Genuinely I think there will be a full lock down by Friday
Most employers like myself are awaiting the breakdown of what " furloughed workers" entails.
For myself I am going into work as need to ensure salaries paid this month.
Chatting to a bar owner  yesterday  on phone as he needed advice who had laid 10 off
He simply said he isn't re-opening after this so whilst a lot of employees rightly lambast employers, everyone is stressed to the hilt on this.
It's a shit show and genuinely it's getting worse

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: naka on March 23, 2020, 08:29:59 AM
Most employers like myself are awaiting the breakdown of what " furloughed workers" entails.
Chatting to a bar owner  yesterday  on phone as he needed advice who had laid 10 off
He simply said he isn't re-opening after this so whilst a lot of employees rightly lambast employers, everyone is stressed to the hilt on this.

Yes I fully understand that. But I prefer to be poor than be dead

gallsman

Can anyone actually confirm that Joe Brolly was at Cheltenham? If he was, it wouldn't make anything he's saying about the state of things wrong but it would make him an absolute hypocrite.

Itchy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 23, 2020, 04:04:19 AM
Quote from: Gold on March 23, 2020, 12:18:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 11:49:26 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2020, 10:53:20 PM
Look, closing beaches is like closing Cavehill or closing streets. When full lockdown comes, you won't be allowed there without good reason. That will be soon, I think. I mean, you can call for beaches to be closed but having Royal Ave or O'Connell St open at the same time, you're pissing into the wind.

Ok so people put up charts showing where we are now in comparison to Italy and if Italy had a Chance to go back to that point they would have locked down earlier. Itchy is waffling that you can't close the beaches, you can enforce it with fines, yes some clampits will continue to do it but let them be fined!

But yes we need a lockdown, essential travel only in my view

I agree re the lockdown. If we all literally cant leave the house for 2 weeks it has to flatten the curve...but how do we eat?
We need medics to travel, cops on the streets to arrest people breaking the curfew or murdering their wife. Then do we need a Judge to decide whether or not to jail or bail them...lawyers to represent them so they have a fair hearing, Prison officers to keep them in jail. Those officers dont live in the jail so they have to drive in and out. As do the medics in jail who give the lags their medication. Those prison officers and  medics need deisal for their cars...so people need to work in filling stations. Lorry drivers need to bring the fuel to the filling stations....sometimes travelling by boat...people need to sail the boat and other workers on it. People need to work at the Ports.

Etc etc. Point being there is alot of essential travel. TOTAL Lockdown is nigh on impossible

It is frightening
No going out except for essential activities like getting medicines or groceries. Under our shelter-in-place order we're still allowed out to take a walk and exercise if we maintain distance from other people, but even that might be curtailed if we don't get the curve flattened.

I dont know what you mean by a lockdown. What about people who work in shops, people who work in meat plants, people who make respirators, people who make other medical devices, police, ambulances, nurses. There is no such thing as a true lockdown. Not even one in Italy or China.

naka

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 08:32:23 AM

Then don't go in
Genuinely not being cheeky but simply self isolate.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: naka on March 23, 2020, 08:58:15 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 08:32:23 AM

Then don't go in
Genuinely not being cheeky but simply self isolate.

It is not cheeky, and a lot of men here considering that today, but it would be good to get some leadership from Stormont instead of weak sound bites from Arlene and Michelle.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: bennydorano on March 22, 2020, 11:23:13 PM
Yis can totally agree all you want but you're wrong. Food production is of primary importance everywhere, all links in the chain are key workers it can't be left to break down or there will be total anarchy - that aint happening on any Government's watch.

If half those links in the chain get the virus then the number of people they spread it to will completely overwhelm the NHS/HSE and then your looking at Italian mortality rates.

i usse an speelchekor

gallsman

Quote from: Itchy on March 23, 2020, 08:55:04 AM
There is no such thing as a true lockdown. Not even one in Italy or China.

Of course not. People need to eat. Sick people need to be looked after. Rubbish needs to be collected.

People do not need to go for walks, go to the park, go to the beach etc. Today is day 10 of the lockdown here in Spain. I have left the (small) apartment on 3 occasions. Twice for shopping, once to bring out the rubbish. My pregnant wife hasn't left the house once. There is still a big gap between what's happening in Spain and Italy and the UK and Ireland. People have shown they don't have the sense to cop the f**k on themselves, so the only solution is for it to be different mandated and backed up with appropriate policing.

It's likely already too late to stop the NHS being overwhelmed given how much Boris has fucked things in the last fortnight but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 09:09:20 AM
Quote from: Itchy on March 23, 2020, 08:55:04 AM
There is no such thing as a true lockdown. Not even one in Italy or China.

Of course not. People need to eat. Sick people need to be looked after. Rubbish needs to be collected.

People do not need to go for walks, go to the park, go to the beach etc. Today is day 10 of the lockdown here in Spain. I have left the (small) apartment on 3 occasions. Twice for shopping, once to bring out the rubbish. My pregnant wife hasn't left the house once. There is still a big gap between what's happening in Spain and Italy and the UK and Ireland. People have shown they don't have the sense to cop the f**k on themselves, so the only solution is for it to be different mandated and backed up with appropriate policing.

It's likely already too late to stop the NHS being overwhelmed given how much Boris has fucked things in the last fortnight but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

Winemark telling their workers they are frontline.

Franko

This is some reality check for everyone.

We now see what roles are actually essential and which are a waste of time.

The 'free' market has again been shown to be a farce and totally unable to cope with a crisis like this.

Where are all the 'wealth creators' that we couldn't tax in case they left the country?

They're sitting with their hands out begging for the state to bail them out again.

If this doesn't result in a massive move leftwards in the thinking of the population I don't know what will.

Franko

Cue MR2 telling me that I need to shut up as I can't do anything about it so no point talking about it.

Yet he's rattling about whether or not he's getting paid his sales commission by the government.  ::)

Franko

Also.

Cancel the f**king Olympics.