Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: downjim on November 17, 2019, 03:40:57 PM
Can anything be more negative than Kilcoo style of football, Mickey Moran makes poacher look like Micko
Correct me if i'm wrong but has any team scored more than Kilcco in a game of championship football this season? Nothing negative about outscoring every opponent

Dubh driocht

"There's nothing to do in Kilcoo except going to mass, having a few sheep and playing football " Aaron Brannigan

Targetman

Glenties are a fairly defensive team so we're in for a real cracker of a final, Kilcoo to win by 1!!

imtommygunn

Square Ball

U21 A final Carryduff v Mayobridge

B  Clonduff v winner of Bredagh/Bryansford
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Maurice Moss

Delighted with the result for the club tonight. We will absolutely not be taking anything for granted coming up against Glenties. We seen what kind of game plan they follow and bossed Clontibret so we are expecting a fierce tough game against them.

That was a serious effort from our men and I'm bursting with pride. They've done the village proud.

#UTM

Last Caress

Quote from: downjim on November 17, 2019, 03:40:57 PM
Can anything be more negative than Kilcoo style of football, Mickey Moran makes poacher look like Micko
Yeah there is....your posts. That must be a very large pill for you to swallow. Watch you dont choke on it. Along with those sour (now rotten) grapes. Not pleasant football to watch but they wont care.

befair

Great stuff from Kilcoo; indomitable spirit, those Branagans in defence are formidable

6th sam

Fair play to kilcoo again, outstanding defending, and some great flair going forward.

Mourne Rover

This may not be the best Kilcoo side of the last decade but it is packed with effective performers and it will be a shame if more of them do not get at least the opportunity to see what they can do in a Down jersey. All five Branagans are county standard players, although Aidan and Niall are at the veteran stage and Eugene may be too lightly built. However, Aaron was again outstanding today and Dabs is close to the same level. If they finally get an Ulster medal, every effort should be made to recruit them for the National League. If they again turn down the invitation, which sadly seems likely, the next step should be getting Ryan McEvoy and Dylan Ward on board.  The `us against the world' notion will only take Kilcoo so far, and their best talents need to get their chance on the biggest stage.

snoopdog

Quote from: Mourne Rover on November 17, 2019, 10:04:07 PM
This may not be the best Kilcoo side of the last decade but it is packed with effective performers and it will be a shame if more of them do not get at least the opportunity to see what they can do in a Down jersey. All five Branagans are county standard players, although Aidan and Niall are at the veteran stage and Eugene may be too lightly built. However, Aaron was again outstanding today and Dabs is close to the same level. If they finally get an Ulster medal, every effort should be made to recruit them for the National League. If they again turn down the invitation, which sadly seems likely, the next step should be getting Ryan McEvoy and Dylan Ward on board.  The `us against the world' notion will only take Kilcoo so far, and their best talents need to get their chance on the biggest stage.
If Kilcoo win Ulster will any of their players be availabe for county. I would assume club would take priority. Best of luck to them in final. Hard luck to Glenn today.

thewobbler

Brilliant stuff from Kilcoo today. By right any team that suffers such a wipeout at midfield should be beaten out of the park, yet they always looked comfortable. Hopefully they finish the job now against Glenties.

The midfield thing kind of makes me wonder (again) about the usefulness of stats. Every club has men punching furiously into iPads throughout every match. Today's game would suggest there's little to be gained from precise knowledge of the breakdown of kickouts.

Smurfy123

Woobler I think you will find that the fact Derrygonelly hadn't 1 decent forward was the reason as to why that midfield dominance didn't show on the scoreboard. At that level I have never seen a worse forward unit. 7 scorable frees all missed along with those 2 goal chances.

downjim

I seen better forwards in the east Down reserve league ffs

Godsown

Fecking begrudgers . Kilcoo are in an Ulster Final on merit. Get over it.