Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Think it's available from the website.

bennydorano

Tis alrite, no sizing guide, anyone buy one able to give any indication? L or XL normally & cycling gear sizes can be all over the shop.

LeoMc

Still looking round at Bikes ot get myself started. I think I have worked out what I need and have narrowing it down to a couple of bikes within my price range. Both are designed as endurance bikes and have carbon forks and both have the same Shimano Sora gear sets but there is still a bit of a price difference. Doent know if it is dowen to the shops involved or the build quality of the bike but does anyone have any thoughts about the quality of Giant (Defy 3) v Specialized (Allez Sport)?

maddog

Quote from: LeoMc on May 23, 2013, 12:08:40 PM
Still looking round at Bikes ot get myself started. I think I have worked out what I need and have narrowing it down to a couple of bikes within my price range. Both are designed as endurance bikes and have carbon forks and both have the same Shimano Sora gear sets but there is still a bit of a price difference. Doent know if it is dowen to the shops involved or the build quality of the bike but does anyone have any thoughts about the quality of Giant (Defy 3) v Specialized (Allez Sport)?

Wouldn't be anything in them i would guess other than the brand name on them, alu frames with Sora components. Dont get too hung up on whether one component is slight lighter than another (sora v tiagra v ultegra etc) If you get either bike you should be a long time before worrying about upgrading. Either should be an excellent bike for someone starting out. Take the plunge and good luck with it.

LeoMc

Quote from: maddog on May 23, 2013, 04:02:40 PM

Wouldn't be anything in them i would guess other than the brand name on them, alu frames with Sora components. Dont get too hung up on whether one component is slight lighter than another (sora v tiagra v ultegra etc) If you get either bike you should be a long time before worrying about upgrading. Either should be an excellent bike for someone starting out. Take the plunge and good luck with it.

Cheers, the main things I was looking for were comfort, carbon forks (reduced road vibrration!) and puncture resistant tyres. After that I wasn't to hung up. My thinking is a heavier bike the more benefit I will get from it.

Orior

Quote from: bennydorano on May 18, 2013, 08:34:53 PM
Tis alrite, no sizing guide, anyone buy one able to give any indication? L or XL normally & cycling gear sizes can be all over the shop.

I've gone for L.

It had better fit or there'll be hell to pay.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

I bought one tonite myself, an L, last time i saw you i thought i was a bigger  L than you, which has me worried a bit now  :P

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on May 23, 2013, 08:32:48 PM
I bought one tonite myself, an L, last time i saw you i thought i was a bigger  L than you, which has me worried a bit now  :P

Worry about it when you think you are being sponsored by castlemaine

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on May 08, 2013, 11:24:53 PM
Early days in the Giro but think Cadel Evans is looking well up for it, backed him there EW at 14/1. Wiggins losing time in lost bonuses & getting caught in crashes, TT on Saturday will tell a tale, but Wiggins still Evens fav. I'd lay him all day on Betfair.

Pan flat 2moro, Cavendish odds on for the stage, backed Roberto Ferrari @ 33's for an intetest - took a stage last year taking Cav out by the root in the process.
Cadel slips to third, but he'll be delighted with his Giro i'd imagine, he's got some real form to build on for Le Tour.

Doing the Sperrin Sportive 2moro, lumpy looking profile.

RealSpiritof98

Was at Armagh Boot sale this morning and seen this great sign. Some great Bicks for you cycling lads

gerry

i am surprised with cadel performance so far it just goes to show the old man is not done yet.  i seen a video of yesterdays cancelled stage and the snow was piling down so they had no other choice but to cancel it.  this tour makes the tdf look like a sunday spin.

i am doing 100 miler tomorrow so the panic is on to get back to omagh to see the tyrone match, so hopefully there is not much half turns being shouted
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

Quote from: Orior on May 23, 2013, 08:09:18 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 18, 2013, 08:34:53 PM

I've gone for L.

It had better fit or there'll be hell to pay.
Any sign of ur top? I ordered last Thursday & no sign, £4.95 for p&p i'd expect mucho better :-\

johnneycool

Thinking of a bike myself, but haven't the foggiest about frame sizes I should be looking at. I'm 6', inside leg of 32" and dress to the left, what sort of frames should I be looking at as it'll probably be a gumtree special I'd go for?

maddog

Looks like the issue of who will lead sky in the Tour de France has been settled. Wiggins out.

laoislad

Bought this yesterday.

Got some great reviews on bikeradar.com and other sites I checked and Halfords are having a bank holiday sale this weekend so got it for €435.
Not a top of the range bike I know but I didn't want to spend a fortune on something that will probably spend the winter in the shed!
Took it for a quick 20km spin this evening and I can't get over how nicer it is to ride than the last bike I had which was a mountain bike.
Very happy with it.I have a bit of a sore hole after it though,the seat isn't as soft as the last bike!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.