Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Did u ever get ur Ribble Gran Fondo? I see they have a new 365 Sportive which is the Bianco tarted up with mudguards & a spray job for all year round riding, looks the part.

gerry

wouldn't you know it arrived a week after i completed a 200 mile cycle. so i have only done about 80 mile on it so far as i am using my old bike during the winter.  it rides well and i had no issues with ribble except the length of time it took to deliver it. 

10 of us are doing a 5 day cycle at the TDF with the Alpe d'Huez stage being the highlight of it, so the bike will get plenty of miles before then

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

It's a clinker wee bike, i only got the fag end of the summer myself after my bother with the Stealth but was very impressed with it after i got settled on it.

Would love to do something like ur planning, we're heading to France on hols & are close enough to catch at least one stage, i also intend to hire a bike & get out a few times.

Orior

I did 27 mile this morning on my £299 Carerra.

#valueformoney
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gerry

bennydorano: we are hiring a van out there for all the gear and we plan to ride 80 to 100 mile each day and then get the tents out.

Orior: to many people think unless they have a £1500+ bike its no good. i have cycled 4000 mile on a second hand £200 bike this year, its all about getting out and getting the miles in on the cold wet days when the flash guys are tucked up in bed

bennydorano

Tour Down Under starts @ 2am tonite on sky, full live coverage.

bennydorano

Impressive win for Sky's Geraint Thomas down under. He could be a genuine TDF contender in a few years if he sticks to the road & forgets about track.

gerry

some thing makes me thinks he has gicven up the track

WeeDonns

@Gerry, just a random question; When you buy a bike online like that, does it come fully assembled? or had you much to put together?

gerry

Less than 1/2 hour had it done. Screw on handlebars, attach seat to seat post and insert it , attach the two wheels and finally screw in the pedals

ludermor

Do you have to do any fluting around with the gears or breaks???

gerry

No, It ran smoothly straight away.  Maybe I was lucky but I will buy  from them when I need to upgrade my sons bike

bennydorano

I'm going to take advantage of cycle to work scheme & get new Ribble Carbon 365 for delux winter riding :)

gerry

Quote from: bennydorano on January 23, 2013, 07:09:14 PM
I'm going to take advantage of cycle to work scheme & get new Ribble Carbon 365 for delux winter riding :)

show off ;)

bennydorano

Anybody ride with a Campagnolo set up? Thinking of speccing this new yoke with it, have to be Veloce to come in under the 1k cycle to work limit.