2019 All Ireland Football Qualifiers

Started by Don Draper, June 11, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Three changes if the clonaslee man I was talking to is right ??
Donie scully and Begley all in

Anyone confirm or is it just rumours
LAOIS ABÚ

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 21, 2019, 10:25:51 PM
Three changes if the clonaslee man I was talking to is right ??
Donie scully and Begley all in

Anyone confirm or is it just rumours

Personally, I wouldn't believe a word from Tommy Tynan!  ;D
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

Same team named ...strange

No Kingston no who I thought would been nailed on .
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 21, 2019, 10:39:29 PM
Same team named ...strange

No Kingston no who I thought would been nailed on .

I think he's trying to teach Kingston a lesson or two. It has to be that as Donie is playing very well lately but still hasn't reached his potential. This will benefit Donie in the long term, pity some of the other managers didn't do something similar years ago..

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/06/21/laois-football-team-named-for-qualifier-clash-with-derry/

Seems like there will be changes to the Laois team before throw in according to this..
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/06/22/all-you-need-to-know-as-laois-face-derry-in-round-2-of-the-all-ireland-qualifiers/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Countyminor

Donie, Begley and Collins all in from the start apparently if the rumours are true. Don't see how we could possibly set up without Donie on the Meath games basis.

BallyroanAbu

Great Result

Laois Football needed this result

Helix.

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 22, 2019, 06:47:17 PM
Great Result

Laois Football needed this result

Great result the bench making the difference. Bring on the next draw Monday morning  8)

Junior Ex Laoistalk

What a brilliant result given the way the game went. Delighted for Dicey getting Man of the Match from Midlands radio, a well deserved reward for the way he has got himself back into the game after his awful injury.
Another shocker from Evan but fair play to the bench who are really proving their worth. After losing Evan and Donie we could well have dropped the heads but a lot of the younger crew showed us what they are worth and won well in the end.
Well done lads ..

Don Draper

Countyminor

Some win up there. Think about it: Pigott, Collins, O'Sullivan, O'Flynn, Lowry, Barry, Scully etc all blooded by Sugrue and all stood up today when needed. Our future is looking a hell of a lot brighter than 2 years ago.

on the hop

Well the trip back was made a lot shorter with that win. A few thoughts,Fabulous facilities up there and a cracking pitch. First half we were poor with the breeze and seemed to all over the place defensively. They had loads of ball and were pulling us from side to side and we were fouling a bit. We had problems in the centre with booth on a yellow card and piggott at sea. We also couldn't get a handle on Enda Lynn or their kick outs. The placement of Donie was a disaster with Mckaigue pinning him back into our half by driving forward. With Evan also misfiring we looked in a bit of bother but the last score before half time that made it 8-7 was vital and it came from a great run forward by Lillis. Murphy had been excellent as well living off scraps. It was noticeable that they had carried a lot of ball and appeared a bit leggy going off plus a few of their forwards were well strapped up.

Booth sacrificed at half time as he was in danger and piggot went back full. Sean Byrne went centre and made a big difference. We started driving at them and missed four goals, the first two in particular were sitters. The pictures for the second one are on the Facebook and I don't know how it was missed. We really pressed their kickout and had them in trouble. We still missed frees and the feeling that we were leaving this behind us started to creep in. But it was the upped work rate, dicey in particular and the pace that the bench injected that turned the screw. Marty made a massive difference running directly. Once we got the goal it was over and we finished out the game. Mention especially for mark barry who is a loss to the u-20's but displayed a massive football brain when he came on. I think the team finished- brody, attride, o Flynn, Dillon, Collins, Byrne, buggie, Lillis, jol, dicey, Boyle, Scully, Lowry, Murphy, Barry. I don't think I could have imagined that at the start of the year.

Junior Ex Laoistalk