Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 06:08:33 PM
The mayor of Calais has said the town will stop screenIng refugees and that all border controls will take place in England.

Doubt that is her call.

seafoid

Quote from: Minder on June 25, 2016, 05:59:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 04:03:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2016, 01:55:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 01:05:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2016, 12:58:55 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 09:29:14 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 25, 2016, 08:55:40 AM
I went out for a run this morning. Was enjoying the fresh air, the countryside and my second captains podcast when it was taken over by Brexit talk with a couple of the English guests they had on. All doom and gloom. No place for it on a sports podcast. People worry way too much about money. No one will starve over this.
I dunno asal.
An awful lot of people in the UK already depend on food banks. This is serious shit.
People are dying earlier than they used to. Mental illness incidence is very high.

Every 1% rise in unemployment generates something like 300 extra cancers and 500 suicides in the US
Economic chaos is literally fatal for some people at the poorer end of the income spectrum

Do you just make this stuff up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35550407

North East lower life expectancy...
2 areas in Glasgow have a 19 year difference in life expectancy.  Poverty kills.

You said an awful lot... Which isn't the case.... People are living longer full stop, poverty or not, still living far longer than our grandparents and that's a fact
A lot of people are MR but the poorest people are not.
You can Google Case and Deaton for the picture from the US.

The states is a totally different argument, with no universal healthcare
The shafting of communities and the descent into hopelessness is the same. Life expectancy differentials are widening .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Quote from: stew on June 24, 2016, 08:38:56 PM
Listen to yourselves, the people have voted democratically to exit the EU, quit whinging and finger pointing and accept the decision and move on.

I'll quote you on that when Hillary gets sworn in as President.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2016, 12:18:17 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 24, 2016, 11:53:09 PM
Dole merchants - nice term for people seeking unemployment benefit. Here, but for the grace of God, go I.

Ok jobseekers, lets be pc about things that suit your agenda and un pc what you think its ok

When I lived in Salford I had daily encounters with the long term unemployed. I think "dole merchants" is a better term than "job seekers" because these people had no intention of working. Probably had several generations of family with no history of working, only watching TV, knocking about town, harassing students, fighting, drinking, and getting involved in crime. I know unemployment benefit is needed for people who are temporarily between jobs, but the people who don't want to work do exist, and they exist in big numbers.

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on June 25, 2016, 06:11:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 06:08:33 PM
The mayor of Calais has said the town will stop screenIng refugees and that all border controls will take place in England.

Doubt that is her call.
The French are probably going to put the boot in. Democracy is about giving the people what they want, good and hard.

Www.mailonline.co.uk is fascinating.
Small minded England.

seafoid

The ex mining towns all voted Brexit

Bazil Douglas

When I lived in Salford I had daily encounters with the long term unemployed. I think "dole merchants" is a better term than "job seekers" because these people had no intention of working. Probably had several generations of family with no history of working, only watching TV, knocking about town, harassing students, fighting, drinking, and getting involved in crime. I know unemployment benefit is needed for people who are temporarily between jobs, but the people who don't want to work do exist, and they exist in big numbers.
[/quote
You don't have to go to Salford to find that type, quite a few here in Northern Ireland and they're not immigrants.

foxcommander

Not surprised with the brexit - it's a protest reaction to illegal immigration. Maybe now the EU will change their policy to stop any more states from voting the same way.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

bennydorano

What policy would that be?

seafoid

87% of farm income in NI comes from the EU.

No wides

Quote from: foxcommander on June 25, 2016, 08:03:48 PM
Not surprised with the brexit - it's a protest reaction to illegal immigration. Maybe now the EU will change their policy to stop any more states from voting the same way.

It is a protest vote, Farage aside - I doubt anyone expected it or wanted it, I see China is laughing at how democracy works.  :)

Harold Disgracey

Turnout % of each age group
18-24: 36%
25-34: 58%
35-44: 72%
45-54: 75%
55-64: 81%
65+: 83%

No wides

There you have it the young can blame their apathy now instead of the grey vote.

foxcommander

Quote from: bennydorano on June 25, 2016, 08:14:21 PM
What policy would that be?
Not protecting their borders and keeping people out.

foxcommander

Quote from: No wides on June 25, 2016, 09:48:41 PM
There you have it the young can blame their apathy now instead of the grey vote.

I've seen such morons bleating on facebook and the like about how their generations voice wasn't heard. and they didn't turn up to vote. PMSL.