Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 17, 2017, 10:06:25 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 17, 2017, 09:38:55 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 16, 2017, 09:52:59 AM
Quote from: Boycey on October 14, 2017, 03:26:48 PM
I'm sure Jose will get all the blame but I think his players let him down today. Miki, Herrara and Darmian were shocking in particular. Lukaku got no support at all but if you wanted to be hypercritical he had one chance and should have scored, ultimately that the difference at top level.

I was happy enough at half time but in the 2nd half they couldn't even pass to one another. Liverpool were good up to a point but were toothless up top. Salah must be frustrating to watch, he looks like he's about to do something exceptional but then doesn't.

One positive is that there's no shame in being able to defend, Jones was mighty impressive again.

Barely mentioned about poor some United players were, Herrera gave the ball nearly every time as did Darmian. If United had opened up we'd have been beaten, got no doubts about that. Mane turned into Messi last week but barely no mention of all the injuries United had.

No mentioned either of Klopps negativity, he was petrified to take of one of his 3 midfielders and replace him with an attacking player.

Lack of a left back is still a huge issue, Young is the best option but its far from ideal.

No issue with the way he played, had Lukaku taken his chance it would have been down as the perfect away performance. Key is to keep momentum in this period so an away point is not a bad result in this match regardless of form.
And if De Gea hadnt pulled off a top class save?

Dave Saves - it's what he does!  ;)

Boycey

https://twitter.com/UtdOliver/status/919945901359190016

Not that I'd take the word of a journo on The Sunday Supplement as worth that much he does raise some interesting contrary views to the standard Mourinho 'park the bus' crap. I said it on here Saturday after the match, Mourinho was let down  by some of his players who simply played poorly on the day.

stew

Quote from: Boycey on October 17, 2017, 11:49:49 AM

Not that I'd take the word of a journo on The Sunday Supplement as worth that much he does raise some interesting contrary views to the standard Mourinho 'park the bus' crap. I said it on here Saturday after the match, Mourinho was let down  by some of his players who simply played poorly on the day.

Apologist bullshit to be honest, Mourinho set out for a point, spoiled the game and I just wish they would have conceded a goal with the last kick of the ball, the man is a disgrace the way he sets his team up against decent sides.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NAG1

+1

Maroon Manc

Another big game tomorrow, if United can win their not far of qualification and I'm sure Mourinho has one eye on the final group game which is a few days before the City game, I'm sure he'd like to rest the first 11 ahead of that.

As the season goes on I'd expect more from United in terms of an attacking threat in the away games against the bigger sides but mainly because United have more players on form and not because he changes how he sets the team up. United go to Chelsea in early November, we'll see what he does then. Would expect Pogba to be back by then given, sounds like he won't be out for as long as we thought a few weeks ago.

The overreaction has been pathetic but wouldn't expect anything different, United have played plenty of good football this season and scored a lot of goals.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 17, 2017, 12:07:36 PM
Another big game tomorrow, if United can win their not far of qualification and I'm sure Mourinho has one eye on the final group game which is a few days before the City game, I'm sure he'd like to rest the first 11 ahead of that.

As the season goes on I'd expect more from United in terms of an attacking threat in the away games against the bigger sides but mainly because United have more players on form and not because he changes how he sets the team up. United go to Chelsea in early November, we'll see what he does then. Would expect Pogba to be back by then given, sounds like he won't be out for as long as we thought a few weeks ago.

The overreaction has been pathetic but wouldn't expect anything different, United have played plenty of good football this season and scored a lot of goals.

They'll play exactly the same way as they did at Anfield. Herrera will man mark Hazard and get a booking at the very least.

If they win the league it will all be forgotten but I still disagree with it.

nrico2006

I seen something that said in the last 10 away games against the 'big 5' United have not scored in 8 of games.  While I think Klopp was as much to blame as Mourinho on Sunday, I definitely don't see the value in trying for a point in these games that are very winnable.  There is not much of a win in taking the point, its only 1 more than you get for a loss.  Alternatively,United had Martial, Lukaku, Mhikitaryan etc in the final third of the pitch on Sunday therefore a lof of the blame has to lay with them too.  They are meant to be attacking players and its not Mourinho's fault if they play as poorly as they did.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 17, 2017, 02:02:10 PM
I seen something that said in the last 10 away games against the 'big 5' United have not scored in 8 of games.  While I think Klopp was as much to blame as Mourinho on Sunday, I definitely don't see the value in trying for a point in these games that are very winnable.  There is not much of a win in taking the point, its only 1 more than you get for a loss.  Alternatively,United had Martial, Lukaku, Mhikitaryan etc in the final third of the pitch on Sunday therefore a lof of the blame has to lay with them too.  They are meant to be attacking players and its not Mourinho's fault if they play as poorly as they did.

Interesting opinion I don't remember Liverpool lining up with 6 at the back?!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 17, 2017, 01:51:49 PM

They'll play exactly the same way as they did at Anfield. Herrera will man mark Hazard and get a booking at the very least.

Don't disagree although he'll play an extra midfielder and hope to gain more control of the game, based on that performance Herrera will be lucky to be starting against Chelsea.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 17, 2017, 02:39:39 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 17, 2017, 01:51:49 PM

Don't disagree although he'll play an extra midfielder and hope to gain more control of the game, based on that performance Herrera will be lucky to be starting against Chelsea.

I know Matic has been playing really well, shows you how cruel the professional game can be. Herrera was one of the stand out performers last year and now he is a bit part player. Agreed he was poor at the weekend but he has always needed a run of games to get into his stride.

Boycey

I see Rojo is with the travelling party to Lisbon today, I didn't think he was that close. Zlatan close to returning also.

Captain Obvious

True some players performed very poorly. I did say before the game if Manchester United played as poor as they did against Stoke they would lose but they were much better defensively against Liverpool than they were against Stoke and was the main reason why they earned the draw.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on October 17, 2017, 03:22:25 PM
I see Rojo is with the travelling party to Lisbon today, I didn't think he was that close. Zlatan close to returning also.

Surprised me when I read it yesterday, good to see him back as Jones can't be too far of getting injured.