County Senior Football Championship Updates

Started by AZOffaly, October 03, 2016, 01:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Well, now that all the inter county action is done, it's time to get our bearings on the comings and goings all around the country

Louth - Sean O'Mahony's are champions, beat Ardee St. Mary's 1-11 to 1-9
Meath - Skryne are into the Semi Finals, Senchelstown/Donaghmore-Ashbourne; Dunboyne/Simonstown Gaels; Na Fianna/Gaeil Colmcille will join them.
Dublin - Early enough days as you'd expect. Down to last 16.
Wexford - County Final stage - Gusserane O'Rahilly's versus Glyn-Barntown.
Wicklow - Final next Sunday - St. Patrick's v Baltinglass
Carlow - Final stage - Palatine versus Rathvilly
Kilkenny - Railyard won the championship back around January :) 3 in a row for them.
Kildare - Final will be Moorfield versus Newbridge Sarsfields
Laois - Final will be Portlaoise (going for 10 in a row) versus Stradbally
Offaly - Final will be Rhode versus Ferbane !!!!!!!
Westmeath - At Quarter/Semi Final Stage. Saint Lomans are in the semis. Athlone and Mullingar Shamrocks need to replay their quarter final tie. Killucan will now play Saint Lomas, while Tyrellspass await Shamrocks/Athlone.
Longford - Final on 16th October between Abbeylara and Mullinalaghta St Columba's.

Kerry -  At semi final stage. Dr. Crokes will play Dingle and Rathmore will play Kenmare District
Cork - At the Final stage. Ballincollig will play Carberry Rangers
Tipperary - Almost at the quarter final stage. Clonmel will play Arravale Rovers; Kilsheelan will play Ballyporeen; Loughmore Castleiney will play either Galtee Rovers or Cahir; Moyle Rovers will play Aherlow or Drom/Inch
Waterford - A lost cause. Still appear to be in their group stages.
Clare - At the final stage. Cratloe will play Kilmurry Ibrickane
Limerick - County Final will be between Monaleen and Dromcollagher Broadford

Galway - At semi final stage Corofin v Mountbellew-Moylough and Cortoon-Shamrocks v Salthill-Knocknacarra
Mayo - Still in the group stages
Roscommon - Final between Padraig Pearses and Saint Brigids.
Leitrim - Final will be between Manorhamilton and Aughawillan
Sligo - Tourlestrane are county champions after beating St. Mary's 1-14 to 1-7.

Donegal - County Final will be between Kilcar and Glenswilly
Monaghan - Scotstown are county champions after beating Clontibret 2-13 to 1-12
Cavan - Final between Ramor United and Castlerahan
Derry - Final will be between Slaughneil and Loup
Armagh - There'll be a new champion as Cross were dethroned by Cullyhana, who now play Maghery in the final
Down - Kilcoo are county champions after beating Clonduff in the county final
Fermanagh - Derrygonnelly are champions again after beating Erne Gaels 0-11 to 1-07
Antrim - Lamh Dearg will play Saint Galls in the semi final, winners to play Cargin in the final.
Tyrone - Coalisland will play Killyclogher in the County Final

joemamas

macdanger2

EOH managing Tourlestrane now, seems to be doing better than he did with Ballagh. Would they have been amongst the favourites at the start of the year?

sligoman2

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 03, 2016, 08:47:50 PM
EOH managing Tourlestrane now, seems to be doing better than he did with Ballagh. Would they have been amongst the favourites at the start of the year?

Yes, tourlestrane are always among the favourites.   Well done to EOH and Gerry Mcgowan on a demolition job on a very good Mary's team.  No repeat champs in sligo since the 1980's.

Congrats also to Molaise gaels on the intermediate championship, they could be hard beaten in Connacht.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Ramor United are the 1st GAA club I've heard of that has United as part of their name, are there any others? Plenty of Rangers around the country, and I thing the odd Rovers.

Laois are in a bad way with Portlaoise's dominance, cannot be healthy. Kildare are not too far behind with the Newbridge teams but at least they are pushing standards up with their competition.

mrhardyannual

Hope he's using different tactics than he did in Ballagh when he famously asked the referee in a champonship game if there was anything preventing all his team lining up in their own half after the halftime break.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on October 03, 2016, 10:51:28 PM
Ramor United are the 1st GAA club I've heard of that has United as part of their name, are there any others? Plenty of Rangers around the country, and I thing the odd Rovers.

Laois are in a bad way with Portlaoise's dominance, cannot be healthy. Kildare are not too far behind with the Newbridge teams but at least they are pushing standards up with their competition.

There is a Laragh United in Cavan also.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 03, 2016, 11:14:39 PM
Hope he's using different tactics than he did in Ballagh when he famously asked the referee in a champonship game if there was anything preventing all his team lining up in their own half after the halftime break.
The snobbery of Mayo heads about a Sligoman taking over a Roscommon Mayo team is telling.

Good win for O'Hara and Gerry, were fancied to win by many but still got it done with some ease, probably unlikely to make it too far in Connacht but they could be facing a weary Mayo side come the 30th.Assuming He doesn't pull the required strings...

Molaise Gaels won the intermediate handily as they ought to have, pretty emphatic about it too, outscored Geevagh 16-1 in the second half! They should end up in a final if they keep focused but (probably) Sean O'Heslin's would be tricky opposition all the same.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 04, 2016, 10:28:17 AM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 03, 2016, 11:14:39 PM
The snobbery of Mayo heads about a Sligoman taking over a Roscommon Mayo team is telling.

Good win for O'Hara and Gerry, were fancied to win by many but still got it done with some ease, probably unlikely to make it too far in Connacht but they could be facing a weary Mayo side come the 30th.Assuming He doesn't pull the required strings...

Molaise Gaels won the intermediate handily as they ought to have, pretty emphatic about it too, outscored Geevagh 16-1 in the second half! They should end up in a final if they keep focused but (probably) Sean O'Heslin's would be tricky opposition all the same.

That's if there is a Mayo champion at that stage OMS. I have a sneaky feeling that there will, played the night before in MacHale Park.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

bennydorano

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 04, 2016, 07:34:12 AM

A Celtic as well?

Clogherhead Dreadnoughts best name of all time.

AZOffaly

Quote from: bennydorano on October 04, 2016, 12:30:15 PM

A Celtic as well?

No way. The Fighting Cocks in Carlow have the best name title wrapped up in perpetuity.

mrdeeds

Quote from: bennydorano on October 04, 2016, 12:30:15 PM

A Celtic as well?

Cootehill Celtic in Cavan too.

mup

Thanks AZOffaly. Wondering where I could get this info.

Cheers.