Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

If the situation up here replicated the impoverished inferior public services in the Free State,where payment is required to see a GP,you'd have a hell of a lot less people making appointments.

There is a lot wrong with the NHS,not least the fact that all GPs are now part time.

Anyway you will see in the next few years the patient making appointments system being done away with completely.You will book a phone call with your GP and on the basis of that call,and with your medical record and history also on the computer screen in front of them,the GP will decide if and when you actually need an appointment.This is happening already and not before time.

Gabriel_Hurl

Dire Ear

Yes, a lousy, pathetic, humourless ....

johnneycool

Quote from: armaghniac on February 13, 2018, 12:14:53 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 12, 2018, 11:59:59 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 12, 2018, 11:57:25 PM
You need an appointment to see a GP in Fearon's Northern Nirvana? Three weeks!!??
Majority of places don't let you make appointments and work on a same day basis.

You get what you pay for.

I can make appointments for a South Belfast Clinic, but would be waiting up to two weeks for it.

I know of some practices which run open surgeries in the mornings, first come first served, but it could be a couple of hours waiting.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 13, 2018, 09:40:08 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 13, 2018, 12:14:53 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 12, 2018, 11:59:59 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 12, 2018, 11:57:25 PM
You need an appointment to see a GP in Fearon's Northern Nirvana? Three weeks!!??
Majority of places don't let you make appointments and work on a same day basis.

You get what you pay for.

I can make appointments for a South Belfast Clinic, but would be waiting up to two weeks for it.

I know of some practices which run open surgeries in the mornings, first come first served, but it could be a couple of hours waiting.

Worked out of a surgery every Friday for 2 years, every morning its the first 60 through the doors, that gets them through to the afternoon were its appointment only.. each surgery has its own method of dealing with it.. I did notice a drop in numbers during school holidays and when it was raining! They'd be queing up from about 7.30 and lined out the street for the doors to open at 8.30
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Square Ball

My own doctors also run a open surgery every morning. Its like s cattle market, sign states that the doctor will only deal with one ailment. My kids surgery do emergency appointments that day, but you need to get past the receptionist first.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Orchard park

Quote from: T Fearon on February 13, 2018, 12:24:35 AM
If the situation up here replicated the impoverished inferior public services in the Free State,where payment is required to see a GP,you'd have a hell of a lot less people making appointments.

There is a lot wrong with the NHS,not least the fact that all GPs are now part time.

Anyway you will see in the next few years the patient making appointments system being done away with completely.You will book a phone call with your GP and on the basis of that call,and with your medical record and history also on the computer screen in front of them,the GP will decide if and when you actually need an appointment.This is happening already and not before time.

Tony

RE THE 26 COUNTIES : only those without medical cards pay for the GP so maybe full facts would enable to debate ( better)

Hardy

So is there some sort of triage process in the appointments process or what? Do they ask you what's wrong or do you wait three weeks whether you just need a prescription renewal or your eyes are bleeding?

T Fearon

Most practices have slots available for urgent appts on the day.Problem is everyone thinks they need an urgent appt.Then you have the bloated benefits sector adding further pressure,hypochondriacs,those whose day wouldn't be complete without seeing the Doctor,those needing medical examinations for HGV licences,people needing medical reports for Life Insurance,and on it goes.On top of seeing patients,Doctors have to write referrals,look at blood test results,examine and sign prescriptions and a multitude of other tasks.

The new concept is AskMyGP,already being operated. Effectively a Triage system it involves logging a call which is returned by the GP who decides if an appointment is needed later that day.Statistics show it works effectively in managing demand.Also you are going to have a lot of routine stuff and appointments passed off by GPs to Nurse Prescribers

Dire Ear

fer fcks sake!!!!!!!!!

Shamrock Shore

Catherine Nevin - the Black Wida