Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I think the only memory I have of this happening before, was when Ardboe played Omagh and was it big Eddie Duffy had actually been suspended from a previous match abroad.  From memory I think Omagh may have been thrown out, but Im not sure, what happened there. I think it devalues championships when teams are thrown out, so I hope its not the case.  I also can understand Ardboes sitiuation do in that they finished a championship match in pitch black the week before and they knew that there was danger there for the players.   

Tommo2

Quote from: rrhf on September 06, 2012, 01:08:31 PM
I think the only memory I have of this happening before, was when Ardboe played Omagh and was it big Eddie Duffy had actually been suspended from a previous match abroad.  From memory I think Omagh may have been thrown out, but Im not sure, what happened there. I think it devalues championships when teams are thrown out, so I hope its not the case.  I also can understand Ardboes sitiuation do in that they finished a championship match in pitch black the week before and they knew that there was danger there for the players.

I suspect that Ardboe have submitted an appeal to use as a bargaining tool to get their minor team back in. Can't imagine the senior team would have the heart for continuing in the competition given the manner of their defeat.

MR99

A bit of spare time at work today so I thought I would check out the ruling in the official guide:

Category I
Being ordered off on foot of a second Cautionable
Infraction.
Penalty:
(i) Fixed Penalty: Debarment from playing for
the remainder of the Game, to include any
extra-time;
(ii) Fixed Penalty on Repeat Infraction: 2 weeks
Suspension in the same Code and at the same
Level.

Looks like Dromore are safe enough as suspension is to be served in the same code at the same level (which would be minors).  Story has it that its an Omagh supporting solicitor who tipped off Ardboe, appears as if he will have egg on his face, but its nice to see that Omagh and Ardboe are back on talking terms LOL!

On a more serious note, really looking forward to the 2 big games this weekend, who do we all think will get through?  There wont be much in either game.

Tommo2

2 difficult games to call. Island would appear to be favourites, but who would really bet against a Carmen win. In the Omagh game, they should pull through, but only just.

Can't believe it is 6 years since Errigal were in a semi-final. It just goes to show that years of dominance at youth football in the early 2000's didn't convert into senior championship wins.

EC Unique

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 06, 2012, 02:15:11 PM
2 difficult games to call. Island would appear to be favourites, but who would really bet against a Carmen win. In the Omagh game, they should pull through, but only just.

Can't believe it is 6 years since Errigal were in a semi-final. It just goes to show that years of dominance at youth football in the early 2000's didn't convert into senior championship wins.

Plenty of clubs have proved before us that dominance at underage level does not guarantee anything at senior level and equally so clubs that don't have much underage success can do very well at senior level.

I expect Coalisland and Errigal to be in the hat Sunday evening.

The Golden Years

I fully expected Carrickmore and Omagh to be in the hat sunday evening.

Sigersonbhoy

Regarding the info you posted below. In
This case level refers to club level, county level or college level. So if the player was suspended then he did infact play illegally even if his suspension happened at minor level.
Our hurlers were caught out on a similar offense last year. The penalty is forfeiture of game without award to the opposing team, unless of course Ardboe objected which would then mean Ardboe would be reinstated.

Quote from: MR99 on September 06, 2012, 01:53:11 PM
A bit of spare time at work today so I thought I would check out the ruling in the official guide:

Category I
Being ordered off on foot of a second Cautionable
Infraction.
Penalty:
(i) Fixed Penalty: Debarment from playing for
the remainder of the Game, to include any
extra-time;
(ii) Fixed Penalty on Repeat Infraction: 2 weeks
Suspension in the same Code and at the same
Level.

Looks like Dromore are safe enough as suspension is to be served in the same code at the same level (which would be minors).  Story has it that its an Omagh supporting solicitor who tipped off Ardboe, appears as if he will have egg on his face, but its nice to see that Omagh and Ardboe are back on talking terms LOL!

On a more serious note, really looking forward to the 2 big games this weekend, who do we all think will get through?  There wont be much in either game.

Hairy bacon

I fully expect to see carrickmore an errigal in the hat on sun evening!  ;) :D

Dell

Quote from: Hashtag on September 06, 2012, 11:37:45 AM
The sending off was two yellows. Just trying to confirm if he had been sent off before for the same.
Looks like Ardboe clutching at straws.
Half the story - after these two yellows the player got dressed and went over the wire to continue to fight. This is a much more serious infraction and if included in referees report then Dromore and player are in trouble.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

EC Unique

Quote from: Dell on September 06, 2012, 05:39:23 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on September 06, 2012, 11:37:45 AM
The sending off was two yellows. Just trying to confirm if he had been sent off before for the same.
Looks like Ardboe clutching at straws.
Half the story - after these two yellows the player got dressed and went over the wire to continue to fight. This is a much more serious infraction and if included in referees report then Dromore and player are in trouble.

Heard a rumour that the players father was doing a bit of boxing that night too!

Blue-14

If its true the county board gave dromore the green light to play him then surely whoever made this decision has to go, the county board can't just bring it upon themselves to allow teams to play beyond the rules. Maybe whoever threw the rulebook at the ardboe minors forgot to pick it up after! Either way regardless of if it's true they did or not surely this whole fiasco will end up guaranteeing either ardboe minors or seniors, or maybe both, a place back in their respective championship.

EC Unique

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2012, 09:54:11 PM
http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/09/06/tyrone-gaa-to-investigate-dromore-player-eligibility/

Seems to be some confusing signs over the last 24 hours as to wherever Sludden was actually eligible to come on as a sub. If it turns out that Dromore played him on the basis of a formal letter/email from a county board official who misinterpreted the rule book, the excrement is going to hit the blower.

If they have a letter/email from county board official then they are in the clear. They cannot be blamed for a county board mistake.

If they have no official notification then they are fooked

Have they actually been officially excluded or is it still under investigation?

Dell

Quote from: EC Unique on September 06, 2012, 11:06:27 PM
http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/09/06/tyrone-gaa-to-investigate-dromore-player-eligibility/

Seems to be some confusing signs over the last 24 hours as to wherever Sludden was actually eligible to come on as a sub. If it turns out that Dromore played him on the basis of a formal letter/email from a county board official who misinterpreted the rule book, the excrement is going to hit the blower.

If they have a letter/email from county board official then they are in the clear. They cannot be blamed for a county board mistake.

Wrong. Regardless if the CCC or someone from there gave them the go ahead if the rule book states it is illegal then it is an infringement. An incorrect letter from some clown is not a get out of jail card i'm afraid.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

EC Unique

Quote from: Dell on September 06, 2012, 11:55:12 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 06, 2012, 11:06:27 PM

Wrong. Regardless if the CCC or someone from there gave them the go ahead if the rule book states it is illegal then it is an infringement. An incorrect letter from some clown is not a get out of jail card i'm afraid.

Mmm fair enough. Would be a hard one for Dromore to accept but to be honest I could not give a toss one way or the other.

inthesquare

At the end of the day its not dromores fault. IF and I emphasis IF they were give the go ahead by the county board then basically the county board is pointing a finger of blame at themselves. Either way think it would be very harsh on dromore if they are excluded. Bad enough they can't defend their league title without not being able to defend their championship title. Possibly the "omagh solictor" who reported the infringement to ardboe sees ardboe as an easier hurdle than that of dromore. But hey that's just my view on things